Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Article: Iran qualify, but how far can they go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.foxsportsasia.com/footbal...-go-in-russia/
    Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.

The answer is simple: With Saman Ghoddos in Shojaei's spot? Quarterfinals. Without Saman Ghoddos? 2nd round.

Comment

Originally posted by Babak View Post
      The answer is simple: With Saman Ghoddos in Shojaei's spot? Quarterfinals. Without Saman Ghoddos? 2nd round.

This is highly against CQs philosophy of "one man shows" or "one man star".
      If what you say is true, than Saman will not be invited to the team, because CQ is interested in the TEAM.
      CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

how can we say that this Saman would have that much influence? he hasn't been called up even once...

If he really is that good, then lets hope he gets a call for the Korea & Syria game.
        Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
        O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

we can go second round, and even furter if iff support tm,i believe taj is doing all he can. We need good friendlies, russia is a good friendly, we need more, if friendlies and camp go ahead and tm get in the shape CQ want and all players are fit and for world cup we have no injuries ,also a good draw we can go 2nd round or even quater finals

Comment

It all depends to the group we get

Group of death no

Something like what we had in 06.. no

What we had in 14.. yes
            WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

I be happy with a classy intelligent performance. But advancing is the icing on the cake. We only played well against Argentina last time. So three great games is realistic and ideal at this point but results not guranteed.

Comment

Originally posted by 8008s View Post
                I be happy with a classy intelligent performance. But advancing is the icing on the cake. We only played well against Argentina last time. So three great games is realistic and ideal at this point but results not guranteed.
                so the 0-0 against nigeria was bad?

Comment

Pardon me as I didn't go back and review that game, but from memory only the game of Argentina stood in my mind.
                  Thx for correction or clarification.

Originally posted by ehsan singapore View Post
                  so the 0-0 against nigeria was bad?

Comment

Originally posted by persiangodfather View Post
                    It all depends to the group we get
                    Group of death no
                    Something like what we had in 06.. no
                    What we had in 14.. yes
                    I think we could get out of any of the groups we participated in the last three World Cups:

98 - Germany, USA, Serbia: We would lose to Germany, but I fancy our team against the US, and we would be very closely matched with Serbia.

2006 - Portugal, Mexico, Angola: We would lose to Portugal, beat Angola, and have a fierce contest against the Mexicans.

2014 - Argentina, Nigeria, Bosnia: We would lose to Argentina, probably defeat Nigeria, and likely defeat or draw Bosnia.
                    Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.

Comment

Wow Iran has been so impressive even the notorious Iran hater John Duerden has no choice but give them credit!

Comment

Unpopular opinion to criticise the team that slayed the qualifications, but I think we miss way too many good chances.

We can't afford to do that against the bigger teams when we get to the WC.

Once we miss 1-2 good chances, we start to put pressure one ourselves, and it will only be a matter of time before we concede and eventually lose the game.

Comment

Thanks for sharing the article. He makes some very valid points.

One of the most important is around the other teams in the group. Although we've clearly upped our level of organisation and the depth in the squad I regret that their standards seem to have slipped - we haven't been pushed hard enough this time.

Yesterday's performance seemed to sum up what happens when you don't get challenged to up your game. We were sloppy and complacent for much of the game - a better team than Uzbekistan would have punished us for some of the sloppiness on the ball and the unusually poor defensive shape.

For me the key to our WC preparations (apart from the obvious need to challenge ourselves with better opposition) is for Queiroz to start challenging the team to achieve different goals in the friendlies. Things like challenge the players to have more possession than the oppo and look to create a certain number of chances in the first half. Or aim to have better stats in terms of territorial possession in the final 3rd or target above a certain number of crosses. We need to go into the WC with several styles of play and modes of setting up.

Queiroz has created an excellent squad in terms of player options, while retaining that togetherness. He now needs to translate it into the ability to play a more attacking game if we need to. If we rely on the tried and trusted defensive organisation and hit on the break we'll get found out (like against Bosnia in 2014) again.

Comment

We need to find a way to score without sacrificing our defensive capabilities.

It was painful watching us go forward in 2014 (the match vs. Argentina aside), and the moment we opened up vs. Bosnia, they punished us.

Which means: We need to absolutely maximize our free kicks and corners, work on more long-distance shooting, or play purely on the counter attack. In a way, it may suit us to have a super tough group where we are the overwhelming underdogs going into each match.

Comment

TM needs to experience conceding goals and then coming back from behind.

TM falling behind is something we haven't seen for a while, and we will definitely be seeing this in the World Cup.

So if TM doesn't mentally prepare for this situation, then this will be a huge weakness.

Comment

Working...
                              X