No announcement yet.

POST-MATCH Discussion | Iran - Uzbekistan | 6/12/2017 - WCQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where can I get high quality images of the game and post-game celebrations?

Comment

Stadium Celebration after the game is up on youtube. Featuring Ey Iran song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r23GwbcfcW0

Comment

The goal by "Medi Tarimi" with English commentary.

Comment

Comment

I think it's a good time to bring back memories of some of these funny comments by a fellow Qatari fan from big soccer forum

Qatari’s were happy they got Iran in their group lol

Hilarious comment

They thought we are a middle power country but yet we are the first team that qualified. They called Syria a minnow but it's actually syria who has a shot at the 3rd place.

lol

Comment

^^^

probably a false flagger though

Comment

Qatariha qaati daraan.
                DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

I want to know what CQ said to Azmoun when he decided not to bring him to WC2014. Regardless, both manager and starlet have been amazing for TM over the last 3 years.
                  Here is my article about CQ: http://thesefootballtimes.co/2017/04...-for-a-nation/

I've screamed my lungs out at various world cup grounds now following Iran for a long time and I've got a feeling we might finally get to the second round. This crop of players looks really promising and the balance of the team is so well-honed, apart from the obvious exception of Shojaei the squad is nigh-on perfect and for the first time there is depth in almost every position.

What's so impressive is that even without a natural playmaker Azmoun and Taremi are fashioning chances. The continued progression of Milad and Ezatollahi by next year will be very exciting.
                  Dameh bacheha garm, this really looks like the most exciting period for TM that I remember for a long, long time!

If Ghoddos is thinking about Iran then we need to pounce aggressively, it pays to have options and anything can happen in 12 months (injuries, suspensions).

Comment

Nice read

http://iransportspress.com/isp-edito...e-of-football/

SP Editorial: The purpose of football
                    MAHBOD 13 JUN 2017 MORE FOOTBALL, TEAM MELLI
                    Author: Mahdi Rahimi
                    IranSportPress.com- I first visited an Iranian sports site around 1996, when Iran was playing at the Asian Cup and I could visit a local café that had this fancy new thing called “internet” and I would surf at an incredibly slow speed through something I had no idea what it really was and check results.
                    Although the teletext on our television also showed the results, I could for once read names of players like Daei or Bagheri for the first time. Days changed, internet got a bit faster and we got it at home, I still visited Iranian sites to check games. We had chat rooms with live commentary. Later, me and some local friends realized that the local mosque had a live feed from Iran so we went to the local mosque in Vienna as they were the only ones showing the game. It was always something of a spectacle, hardship and rarity to watch Iran play.
                    I was 16 back then and I remember fights breaking out over I don’t know what at the mosque. I guess they had to bring true stadium atmosphere to the games. Back in 97 when Iran qualified for the first time for the World Cup in my lifetime, and in the lifetime of roughly 60% of all other Iranians, we really didn’t know how it happened. I think everyone remembers the pain of watching Iran play 0-0 at home to Kuwait, lose 2-0 to Qatar, lose 3-2 to Japan and then go through the Australia games. Then came the World Cup and the rest is history, but despite having a very talented team, looking back, Iran had no idea what they were playing. It was all individual effort and zero collectiveness.
                    Then came the dreaded campaigns for World Cup 2002 with the game in Bahrain, the successful yet emotionally numb qualification for 2006, where it felt like the only way we cared about scoring was from a corner and then just pass the ball to death. It worked fine in Asia, but at the World Cup, even Angola played with more fire than us.
                    After that came the slow decline of Iran’s football, with the pathetic Asian Cup in 2007, where a great generation was robbed of their last chance to win something and go out in grace, the even worse qualification campaign for 2010 with the anti-climactic game against South Korea and we were at a point where most people thought that we would never see Iran at the World Cup again. We couldn’t see the talent of old. We went through 5 coaches in 2 years. Everyone in Asia was getting better, even North Korea was qualifying and after Ghotbi resigned, we didn’t have a coach for a year.
                    At some point came Carlos Quieroz and everything changed. Quieroz might just be the first coach in Iran’s history who is calling the shots and demanding. Iran’s football federation was at a point, where they just let him do what he wants. He created a team to his image: it took a while and the first results were not encouraging, but then Iran started to win, even if they just won with 1-0.
                    One thing is to win and qualify. Another thing is to convince your players that what you are doing is the right thing and the only way to success, even when you are not winning. Quieroz managed to do that and this might just be the greatest achievement of anyone in Iranian football history. Iran right now controls games in Asia with or without the ball as seen against Uzbekistan. Iran can play on the counter, Iran can play dominating possession. But whatever they do, Iran always has a plan. Stay tight, leave no room, play against the ball with 11 men, play forward in waves, win every second ball, move in attack without the ball and attack with purpose.
                    Gone are the days of individual brilliance and heroism. Today it’s about control and it’s about the knowledge that if we follow Carlos orders, we can’t lose. Compare Iran now with Iran at any time in history. Every player knows its role. Every player knows his limitations and strengths. Every player also knows that if the collective stays together, they can win against anyone on any given day. Iran does not play for moral victories anymore. Iran plays for the win. It is more than enough for Asia, as Iran controlled the qualifiers like hardly any Asian team before. But Iran starts to believe that it might even be enough for the bigger stage.
                    I have no idea how we will perform in Russia. We might go out with three defeats in the first round. We might even make it to the quarterfinals. All I know is that the claim we had once upon a time, around 20 years ago, that we’re the best team in Asia, a claim that looked ridiculous to think about 8 years ago, is now something we have a case for and we have qualified for the first time for the World Cup back-to-back. And for the first time we will go to the World Cup not as tourists, but as a team with purpose.

Comment

Is there anywhere I can read the views of other Asian football fans regarding Iran? I really want my ego stroked hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                        I want to know what CQ said to Azmoun when he decided not to bring him to WC2014. Regardless, both manager and starlet have been amazing for TM over the last 3 years.
                        Here is my article about CQ: http://thesefootballtimes.co/2017/04...-for-a-nation/

I've screamed my lungs out at various world cup grounds now following Iran for a long time and I've got a feeling we might finally get to the second round. This crop of players looks really promising and the balance of the team is so well-honed, apart from the obvious exception of Shojaei the squad is nigh-on perfect and for the first time there is depth in almost every position.

What's so impressive is that even without a natural playmaker Azmoun and Taremi are fashioning chances. The continued progression of Milad and Ezatollahi by next year will be very exciting.
                        Dameh bacheha garm, this really looks like the most exciting period for TM that I remember for a long, long time!

If Ghoddos is thinking about Iran then we need to pounce aggressively, it pays to have options and anything can happen in 12 months (injuries, suspensions).
                        Azmoun actually touched on that subject in an interview and he said that CQ thought he was not ready and that CQ promised him that if he continues to work hard in a Euro club he will take him to the WC !" which just happened yesterday!! so CQ is truly a visionary man of his words!

Comment

Originally posted by eerooni View Post
                          Azmoun actually touched on that subject in an interview and he said that CQ thought he was not ready and that CQ promised him that if he continues to work hard in a Euro club he will take him to the WC !" which just happened yesterday!! so CQ is truly a visionary man of his words!
                          Psychologically, he is in a great place so if CQ has had an impact on this then his long-game is really paying amazing dividends. Two things you can depend upon: Microsoft Shares and Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Super Shojaei View Post
                            even after a spectacular team meli campaign trolls like this still come
                            No. I want to see TM do the best it can do. So many games us fans are in the stadium screaming ourselves hoarse at this guy. In Brazil the juxtaposition between every other TM player fighting their hearts out and him strolling around like it was a sunday-league game wasn't just embarrassing, it was a travesty. This TM isn't for tourists, we are there in Russia to compete and I think we can get through. ]

Nevertheless, I have 100% faith in Queiroz and what he decides. If he can somehow get Shojaei to be more mobile, improve his anticipation, read the game better and be quicker and more incisive then that would be amazing. He is both-footed and has natural technical attributes which can be nice on the eye when they work, but so often his performances are below par compared to the rest of the team. The key thing is that I don't actually think we need that kind of player in the team any more, our style of play has changed to be much more direct and he is even more of an elephant in the room (on the pitch).

Comment

Seems like CQ switched Amiri and Taremi from right to left just minutes before Taremi scored the second goal. Just another testimony to CQ genius.

کارلوس کی*روش دقایقی قبل از گل دوم ایران تصمیم فنی خوبی گرفت.

به گزارش خبرگزاری خبرآنلاین؛ سرمربی تیم ملی ایران همیشه تصمیمات فنی فوق العاده ای می گیرد و بازیکنان می گویند، حتی اگر آنها را داخل دروازه هم بگذارد، ایمان دارند که تصمیم فنی درستی بوده است. این مسئله شب گذشته روی گل مهدی طارمی بار دیگر تکرار شود و انگار دلیل اصلی شادی بی اندازه کی روش همین بود. وقتی طارمی در پست وینگر راست بسیار ضعیف عمل می کرد، کی روش وحید امیری را صدا کرد و به او گفت جای خود را با طارمی عوض کند. امیری وینگر راست شد و طارمی دوباره به پست وینگر چپ بازگشت. تنها دقایق کوتاهی از این تغییر و تصمیم کی روش گذشته بود که مهدی از جناح راست نفوذ کرد و گل بسیار زیبایی به ثمر رساند.
                              http://footballitarin.com/link_page.php?id=359336

Comment

Working...
                              X