No announcement yet.

POST-MATCH Discussion | Iran - Uzbekistan | 6/12/2017 - WCQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats everyone and big thank you to all the boys, CQ, the rest of the TM cadre to make this happen and of course the fans who believed and believe that we can and we will.

It's a great day and that was a GREAT game... I didn't think for 1 second during the match that the Uzbeks were going to score and frankly it was just a matter of how many goals we were going to score.

LOL @ Shojaei's miss but kudos to Azmoun Laei 'cause as far as I know it still counts as two and made up for Masoud's miss!

Comment

WE ARE IN THE WORLD CUP 2018!!!!!

I hope we do not the mistakes we made in the last world cup 2014 and we this time going to the last 16!!
      Russia here we come!

Comment

Dameh hamegi waghean garm!! This team can go places! I just hope CQ stays until the next AC! If there is one team that can win the next AC, it is this team with this coach!

Now we are in the same position Korea was 8 years ago! We have qualified and can knock Korea out! Sorry to say, but I would rather have Uzbekistan qualify directly and let SK and Saudi goozis battle it out (with hopefully SK winning).

Great to be in this position! Enjoy it while it lasts
        Persian Pride running through my veins!

Esteghlal for life!!

Comment

This is the 5th time and in all around the World they saying now!

1978, 1998, 2006, 2014 and 2018

Comment

Alex Nouri mentioned Azmoun and Taremi when talking about TM's offensive qualities

Comment

Originally posted by Amin_ View Post
              Dameh hamegi waghean garm!! This team can go places! I just hope CQ stays until the next AC! If there is one team that can win the next AC, it is this team with this coach!

Now we are in the same position Korea was 8 years ago! We have qualified and can knock Korea out! Sorry to say, but I would rather have Uzbekistan qualify directly and let SK and Saudi goozis battle it out (with hopefully SK winning).

Great to be in this position! Enjoy it while it lasts
              CQ will stay he will know that he will win the Asian Cup!! and I hope we do better in World Cup 2018 than 2014! The first 2 games was not bad against Nigeria and Argentina and we could even win that.

Comment

Originally posted by Z Joon View Post
                Alex Nouri mentioned Azmoun and Taremi when talking about TM's offensive qualities
                Imagine the scenes if Taremi signs with Werder Bremen

Comment

Originally posted by 04041374 View Post
                  Beiranvand - 7
                  Rezeaian - 7.5
                  Hosseini - 8
                  Pouraliganji - 8
                  Mohammadi - 8
                  Ali Karimi - 8
                  Ezatollahi - 7
                  Taremi - 8.5
                  Masoud - 7.5
                  Jahanbakhsh - 6.5
                  Azmoun - 8.5

Dejagah - 7.5
                  Amiri - 8
                  You gave jahanbakhsh, who had the best assist of the game and was very active a 6.5 and Beiranvand who had zero shots on goal and looked bored as hell a 7 ?
                  “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by irani8perspolis View Post
                    Imagine the scenes if Taremi signs with Werder Bremen
                    most people here will be in ruins

Comment

Originally posted by PayamPersia View Post
                      A little sidenote: We should play Korea with full power and trying to defeat them at thei homeground.
                      I will never forget when Ji Sung Park killed our hopes in the 80th minute( Korea was already qualified for WC) and the players and
                      fans celebrated as if they won the world cup.
                      I also hope that we smash Syria for their dirty play that they show. Uzbekistan
                      deserve it to be second i hope that they qualify with us.
                      Also best luck to china! But the rest is just ... you know
                      Nice program, but I prefer to use these games to prepare us for the next WC. Use new players, new tactics, etc..

Comment

Congratulations to TM, to the players, to all Iranians inside and outside Iran and most of all to CQ!

It was an amazing qualification campaign like no other. At no point was our qualification in jeopardy. We now have qualified with 2 games in hand and this was UNHEARD of in our history. In the years we did make the WC we barely managed to do so, always pinning our hopes on a miracolous last game often not only needing to win but also needing some help from the other match. We have now qualified for 2 consecutive WCs and we did so without conceeding a goal. Truly remarkable feats.

This all goes to CQ. He has been nothing short of a genius as TM coach. Never had we ever had such a strong, organized team. I feel like we can for the first time ever go into a WC and have a legitimate reason to believe we will reach the knock out stage for the first time ever.

CQ did all this, dealing everyday with the dirty politics of Iran as well a deep ingrained culture disorganization and external geopolitical factors (sanctions). Incredible what he has achieved for this country. We should all be proud of him and as far as I am concerned, no one can argue against what he has achieved anymore.

Comment

Lol Adel persuading Nouri to get TM players especially on defense.

Comment

Do you guys know where we can find the post match conference?

Comment

Wish I was in Tehran to celebrate in the streets with my hamvatans. Very happy that they get to have a night of joy and happiness
                              --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                              --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                              ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                              --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                              ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Let's not forget the first match of this qualification campaign where we TIED against Turkmenistan. We thought there were dark days ahead of us.

And at some point we were worried that Guam was going to shock us at Azadi.

HA HA. I laugh so hard at those moments...

Everything has gone well ever since, and we are stronger than ever.

This is how we always wanted to qualify. And we finally did it as it SHOULD BE.

Let's cherish what we have, for we will talk about these days for years to come!

Comment

Working...
                                X