Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And immediately take the lead...

Comment

Would be nice to try a new GK and give more consistent playing time to Torabi.
      Ma Bishomarim

"!خدایا ایستاده مردن را نصبیم کن که از نشسته زیستن در زلت خسته ام"
      محمد مختاری -

"Lord, let me die standing, as I am tired of living in indignity and on my knees"
      - Mohammad Mokhtari

Comment

Montenegro won 4-1 against Armenia.

They are serious contenders for a World Cup ticket

Comment

Montenegro coach's post match comments after facing Team Melli:

""We can not be happy after a defeat, although at times we played well," - said the Montenegrin national team coach Ljubisa Tumbakovic friendly match with Iran (1: 2) in Podgorica. The hosts are rivals of Poles in World Cup qualifying.

"We lost two goals that we should not lose, as in previous meetings. There were also moments of good play, but lacked the continuity, consistency. We can not be happy after a defeat, because even in the game of the friendly outcome is important, although not the most important. A this match was to be a test before the World Cup qualifying meeting with Armenia (June 10), "- said Tumbakovic."

http://www.polsatsport.pl/wiadomosc/...z-iranem-boli/

Comment

Montenegro has a uniform almost identical with Foolad Khuzestan. They destroyed Armenia yesterday.
            sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

http://www.espnfc.us/world-cup-quali...-for-hat-trick

looks like jovetic learned a thing or two from sardar

almost a carbon copy of sardar's second goal.

Comment

Montenegro's result vs Armenia solidifies the importance and significance of TM's win vs them. Great win, on the road, vs a UEFA team that is a threat to qualify for the WC.

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
                  Like I said if we beat Uzbekistan on June 12th...IFF better start calling teams on June 13th.
                  It's not like they don't! They always do but never get a positive answer since decent teams hardly want to play TM unless they get lots of money!

Comment

^yup, apart from very few short spells of dud play, yet again TM played a Systematic and Well Organized game vs an obviously strong and formidable opponent..! Carlos's TM has been clicking and performing very well as A TEAM of late, in past year or so.

gone are those years/decades.? when as TMfans, we would more hope for a good performance from our promising superstars in order to get favorable result vs a tough opponent in a marquee match up...!!
                    Carlos has proven of late that he could change even close to half of his likely starting squad and still our boys are well capable of displaying a well structured and methodical game plan. no longer pinning our hopes on Luck or Heroic individual performances..!!

ps
                    I would like to see us next improve The SPEED of Our Passing, especially on Transition Play and improving our Finishing Efficiency on the final 3rd of the pitch.

Comment

that is probably the next step b4 WC . CQ has built a strong foundation that makes us organized and hard to beat ( that showed in Brazil. ) Then we had an influx of young talent ( ARJ, MiMO, Sardar, Saeid, Taremi , Torabi, PAG, Beiranvand, Karimi etc) that brought up our level of play and threat to the opposition , particularly since many of those guys are key starters in europe. Now we can see TM able to keep possession far more easily, and really control matches. All that is left is what you mentioned, our speed of passing. I think this will come if proper friendlies are arranged. For bits of the montenegro game you could see a considerable improvement in this department. If guys like Karimi and Ezatolahi play consistently next season and their teams focus a bit more on possession in the middle, this could also help us a lot to improve speed of play.

Comment

So did Montenegro basically played us because they wanted to play a team from the same region as Armenia? I guess it mentally prepared them for their qualifier.

Comment

Working...
                        X