Dejagah
    Ezzatollahi
    Ali Karimi
    Torabi
    Azmoun
    Taremi

Comment

We have to learn from this.

I wont go into our strengths today as they were obvious.

Weaknesses:

1) Tempo in the midfield. Sometimes when I watch IPL I see players jogging in the midfield and passes between players so weak the ball slows down and stoos before it gets to the next player. I saw that in some of our passing.

Montenegro had quick crisp powerful passes to each other. I know we are not the fastest operating team but WC level is fast. CQ parked the bus against Nigeria because he saw no way we could match their tempo.

2) Scrambles. Beiranvand needs to clean his box up or PAG and Montazeri need to master emergency defending. In the WC, poachers will score every loose ball.

3) Crosses. Dejagah either overhit it or underhit it.
      Except Azmouns post header. Rezaians were ok. Against Asian teams we are strong on setpieces. We need to improve so we are a threat to Europe too.

4) MATCH PRACTICE.

We need to beat Uzbekistan. We can use Korea/Syria to figure or our fring players and new formations. Then as a prep we should play two teams in Europe at Montenegro level(even them again maybe) two African teams, and two outliers. I'm ok with the outlier being Japan/South American team etc any combo that challenges us.

Like I said if we beat Uzbekistan on June 12th...IFF better start calling teams on June 13th.

Comment

full game

ستايشگر آموزگاری هستم که انديشيدن را
        به من بياموزد و نه انديشه ها را. زرتشت

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
          thats pretty much what is saw too...!

Ps
          Ansarifard back to being his old self, lost, lousy and invisible..! rightly subbed out at HT.
          Figured Reza would be too soft and wouldnt fair well in this game, vs strong, physical opponents and he sure didnt ..!
          almost glad HajSafi got injured ?? so AK6 or someone else get some meaningful minutes in LM ..!!
          Glad Torabi had himself a decent showing, this kid badly needs some European Refinements in order to become a reliable, go to WC Winger for us.
          if he stays put in iran, ARJ and others will keep him nailed to the bench and he may not even make the traveling squad. this off season he needs to become pro-active about a transfer to Europe a la MilMo, or i doubt he will make the WC..!
          Beiro badly needs to work on his Positioning and decision during crosses and hopefully he will never make another such stupid mistake as today, on the conceded goal. He looked damn good in other areas of keeping and tbh, we simply have no one even close to replacing him as number 1, for now..!!
          that was a real tough Debut match for Aghaie who struggled as expected. surprised he stayed on for so long..!
          he got bit better as game wore on and as he got more support but still didnt impress enough...!!
          Ashkan seemed awful rusty(for obvious reasons) and still not comfortable in operating in middle, he probably woulda been better off brought on from the bench today..!?
          PAG had a rough day overall ..! his positioning was horrid in this game, and he got caught out of place quiet a few times almost costing us a goal or two..! off course twice got carded out on LW trying to cover for Aghaie, one being a dumb, frustration foul, other a likely goal-saving, professional foul that resulted in 2nd yellow and his marching orders..!
          that was an Excellent test match..!! we finally had our organized team defense and keeper too this time around, properly tested vs a quick passing, strong and dangerous opponents..!
          dame Montenegro federation garm for giving us this much needed quality friendly..!
          overall we played a well organized, solid team football, regardless of many changes to our usual starting lineups. I feel pretty confident of a win vs uzbeks now..!

Ajjab "ps" e toolaniyee... Agha Jan!

main message is 0.1% of the ps...
          CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Montenegro is a good, serious side. Their WCQ results have shown that. To beat them so well at their home is impressive.

Well done to the boys, and CQ.
            Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.

Comment

Great test and great response by the team overall. It was particularly pleasing to see Torabi make such a great return, rezaeian maintain great form despite not playing a game of football in over a month and young AK had a very impressive 2nd cap. Lots of good takeaways

Our D did look a bit out of sync and unorganized for a few minutes in the end of the 1st half but we tightened it up back there in the second half.

I know I sound like a broken record at this point but beiro's elementary mistakes are very shocking. I can't comprehend how a TM goalie can make the mistake of slapping the ball away instead of punching it away. And he also failed to make an easy catch that could have easily resulted in a goal but luckily that second shot on his double save went right to him. He is my only concern going forward....he makes very, very bad mistakes and doesn't seem to learn from them. I forget who made the comparison to mirzapour and it first I thought that was a bit of a stretch but that's exactly what beiro is becoming.

If I'm CQ I would have to heavily consider starting young AK after this performance....he finished off the season in fine form and showed tons of class today.
              Team Meli Iran
              Perspolis FC
              Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

First of all:

Iranian officials attack CQ for playing friendlies behind closed doors. Iran then plays Montenegro and the game is broadcast. IRIB doesn't show it. Just goes to show that they only want to show themselves as big, and tell people that they opposed CQ. They don't actually give a shit about what they say.

On to the game-

What can I say, we saw the difference between a solid UEFA side and our normal AFC opposition. Montenegro was fast, pacy, direct, and played with high intensity. I think this was a great test, and even better is that our boys fought hard and kept up with Montenegro. More of these types of games are exactly what we need.

I think we also saw the difference between a TM under the guidance and coaching of CQ, and what we have seen from other coaches we've had in the past. I can't help but to think that under a domestic coach, that first 15-20 mins when Montenegro was firing away at us would have destroyed our team. People truly forget how forgettable we played before CQ.

Balkan nations seems to be friendly with us, some games against Serbia, Albania, etc.. would be great as well. I am tired of playing Kuwait and Jordan lol. For THIS particular TM squad, those games serve 2 purposes now 1) No other options and we just want a friendly rather than not playing and 2) Don't want a super high intensity game, but a proper warm up (this would be good as something before the WC as a light match). Though i will say that some of our B players or more inexperienced players can still benefit from playing the AFC opponents.

Good game and good result overall by the squad. I think everyone played well at certain points and did their job.

And a hats off to Montenegro for being great hosts, from facilities to the actual game. I was in Montenegro last year and it's a truly beautiful place with friendly people. Good luck to them in the rest of their campaign, I've had an eye on their games so far and these guys are no pushover.

Comment

I think everyone has hit the points on the head in this thread, I just wanted to reiterate what some others have said about the Montenegro Federation and team being great hosts. They were a great opponent and very valuable for our team to play and their sportsmanship on the pitch was so nice to see as well after usually playing against hostile teams that hate us.

Comment

most has been said, a few pointers ;

- Goalie is shaky and because of that creates danger for his defensive line, but it seems we always have problems filling in the GK gap. Punching away too much (sometimes even hitting it, not even punching), where grabbing the ball would create rest for the team.
                    - Midfield hasn't have enough creativity to put the play forward, becoming the first and second step towards a good attack build up
                    - Despite the fact that this was a good friendly opponent, we don't have to make more of it ; Montenegro is nothing close to a "solid UEFA member!" and can no way be compared to former Yugoslavia!

all in all a good test, a ok performance, but it also shown us that we are far from WC quality form (a NT that is going to play like this, isn't going to reach to knock out stage IMHO).
                    Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
                    O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

Good game,

but PAG and Beiro were suspect. They weren't bad overall but those types of mistakes are indicative of a less professional league. Our defense is key and we cant have its pivotal players dicking around in AFC. They need to transfer to some Russian or Baltic leagues.

Beiro slipped up not just on the goal, but also on two other opportunities. First half one was the ricochet off of his foot straight into the opponent and the second half one was where he was totally out of position when the mnegro guy shot from outside the box.

Comment

appart of everyone blaming beiranvand i think he actually did really good. there is no question that he did have 2,3 mistakes and 1 leaded to their goal but still i think he did completely fine and if we didnt have this friendly we wouldnt see his weakness. now Dan gaspar can go to work and perform magic.

and i think the team needs a bit more pace other than that i think it was a great friendly.

Comment

Originally posted by euphory View Post
                          appart of everyone blaming beiranvand i think he actually did really good. there is no question that he did have 2,3 mistakes and 1 leaded to their goal but still i think he did completely fine and if we didnt have this friendly we wouldnt see his weakness. now Dan gaspar can go to work and perform magic.

and i think the team needs a bit more pace other than that i think it was a great friendly.
                          its not blaming, its observing and giving an opinion....

anyways, if i compare from my point of view with GK's i see in the Dutch Eredivisie, his level is below par.
                          Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
                          O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

I totally fall in love with Rezaian and Mohammadi. They created so much danger on the
                            wings and at the same time defending very well.

Comment

Originally posted by PayamPersia View Post
                              I totally fall in love with Rezaian and Mohammadi. They created so much danger on the
                              wings and at the same time defending very well.
                              the beauty of utility players
                              --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                              --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                              ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                              --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                              ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

So they had at least two key players missing or more. We beat their B team. Le'ts not get too peachy on this team but they play awesome compare to the past. Beiravand I like but also been getting lucky with the type of balls coming at him. (this game and last PP game)
                                Glad Rezaeian can display his capabilities but I don't think he's the primary choice of Quiroz.

Comment

Working...
                                X