Manipulation in football and other sports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manipulation in football and other sports

There is heavy manipulation involved in pro football. FIFA generates massive revenues from advertisements and the advertisers favour viewership that has money and buys their goods. In Asia, Arabs and Asians are their target market, and this is why you see Iranian teams usually losing to them. At the end of the day, it's all about economics, and unlike Arab and Asian countries in Asia, Iran's infrastructure is very underdeveloped and the people are very poor, thus these multinational firms do not have an interest in creating engaging content for us.

You can see an example of this in all countries which have strong economies. Coincidentally, they all have top football teams. It's no accident.

Originally posted by IranTM View Post
    There is heavy manipulation involved in pro football. FIFA generates massive revenues from advertisements and the advertisers favour viewership that has money and buys their goods. In Asia, Arabs and Asians are their target market, and this is why you see Iranian teams usually losing to them. At the end of the day, it's all about economics, and unlike Arab and Asian countries in Asia, Iran's infrastructure is very underdeveloped and the people are very poor, thus these multinational firms do not have an interest in creating engaging content for us.
    You can see an example of this in all countries which have strong economies. Coincidentally, they all have top football teams. It's no accident.
    not very sure that is the reason our football isnt doing well. Iran can still be a top footballing country without multinational firms investing in football. What we need is to rid our federation of incompetency and sepah individuals who have no business in football. Then follow in the steps of croatia, serbia, other youth programs that are centered around the development of young talent, and basing our league structure around this. ( possibly implementing laws like no foreign players, each team must field at least 5 players under 23 in all games). This will force teams to revamp academy structures, rid them of corruption ( maybe we will see the likes of sepahan, saipa, zob ahan, foolad shine at first), and will benefit the clubs in the long run, in addition to TM. Additionally, this will encourage teams to sell young prospects to invest back into youth development. Just my ideal vision. Additionally appointing foreign coaches with credentials ( possibly based on CQ recommendation or not ) to work with u23's, u20's, and u17's to provide coaching streamlined with CQ's visions for the senior team so young players are already familiar with the tactics that will be used. Then we will also see success in our youth teams, and even more players moving to europe, which also benefits senior team.

Comment

^^ You didn't get it, bro.

Comment

^^ You didn't get it, bro.
        No I did. Iran's weak economy is definitely one of the main reasons why we are not reaching our full potential in football. But what I am saying is that Iran can combat the power of multinational corporations, FIFA's influence, etc by developing their own strategies that don't rely on multinational corporations, advertisements, etc.

Comment

You see Iranian teams losing to them because lack of quality. If this theory of yours were to be true and it was all about revenue then Hindustan would have teams competing for the Asian Champions League every year because of guess what population? same goes with China (they have themselves put amazing amount of money to try to make it, fifa havent really helped them out)

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
            No I did. Iran's weak economy is definitely one of the main reasons why we are not reaching our full potential in football. But what I am saying is that Iran can combat the power of multinational corporations, FIFA's influence, etc by developing their own strategies that don't rely on multinational corporations, advertisements, etc.
            No it can't. It competes for FIFA, which is a multinational firm that facilitates football competitions. FIFA derives a big part of their revenues from selling advertisements and advertisers are paying to have their ads run in front of qualified people. Compare Iran's GDP to Japan, SA and SK and you'll quickly see why those teams are favoured over ours, and typically win. FIFA naturally has a conflict of interest and they would loose 100s of millions of dollars if the wrong teams and viewership was advanced and catered to, in international competitions. This is how it works.

This is assuming all things are equal, too, such as infrastructure, which is another thing that is lacking in Iran. There aren't many multinational firms doing business in Iran, as far as I know. So, even if GDP was equal, FIFA would naturally favour these more developed countries, mainly because their advertisers would make more money selling their products and services to a country like Japan, which has a highly developed infrastructure, in comparison to Iran's. It's a combination of economics and politics, at the end of the day.

Iran GDP per capita 5,442.87 USD (2014),
            Japan GDP per capita 32,477.22 USD (2015)
            South Korea GDP per capita 27,221.52 USD (2015)
            Saudi Arabia GDP per capita 20,481.75 USD (2015)

Comment

Originally posted by Zamboor View Post
              You see Iranian teams losing to them because lack of quality. If this theory of yours were to be true and it was all about revenue then Hindustan would have teams competing for the Asian Champions League every year because of guess what population? same goes with China (they have themselves put amazing amount of money to try to make it, fifa havent really helped them out)
              It's not all about revenues, it's also about popularity as well. Football is not that big in Hindustan or China. Their leagues struggle with viewership. In sports that are popular their, they do typically dominate, such as Olympics and cricket.

Comment

Dude, Iran does have money but instead of spending it on ourselves like normal people we use it to support terrorists instead in some stupid conflict that has nothing to do with us (Israel Palestine conflict). Don't try to divert the blame on others.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWheels View Post
                  Dude, Iran does have money but instead of spending it on ourselves like normal people we use it to support terrorists instead in some stupid conflict that has nothing to do with us (Israel Palestine conflict). Don't try to divert the blame on others.
                  Umm, how am I exactly diverting blame on others? I am simply telling you guys how these firms are run. I am a business student and have a deep background in economics and BA.

Comment

African and South American countries have Shockingly low GDP's. As do Central American nations. Yet look how well they perform on international stages , in youth tournaments , etc.

Comment

Umm, how am I exactly diverting blame on others? I am simply telling you guys how these firms are run. I am a business student and have a deep background in economics and BA.
                      It sounds misleading then with the way you worded it. That's how everyone here is interpreting it as

Comment

Literally no clear idea in that opening post, sir, I suggest you reword and be more specific because it sounds like you're saying we're losing because Belvedere Vodka are targeting the Dubai market as opposed to the Mashad market.

I've just had to sit through most of the Persepolis game and watched the Al Ain game yesterday, it'd be easier to stop coming up with elaborate ideas of the root of failure and just call a spade a spade, most of these Iranians haven't got half a footballing brain cell between them. The decision making is akin to that of a U10 game in any respectable country. And coaching and infrastructure are to blame for it all.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                          African and South American countries have Shockingly low GDP's. As do Central American nations. Yet look how well they perform on international stages , in youth tournaments , etc.
                          What nations are you referring to exactly? Also, as I said, it's part economical, political and cultural. A lot of African and South American nations are highly westernised, have a somewhat developed infrastructure and have pretty high GDP, at least the top South American nations do. Look at Brazil for example, football is massive in Brazil, they have a huge economy, good infrastructure and they have a lot of success in football. That isn't some sort of coincidence. All the best teams in South America are typically high GDP. Examples are Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Colombia, Venezuela, Chile, Peru, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
                            Literally no clear idea in that opening post, sir, I suggest you reword and be more specific because it sounds like you're saying we're losing because Belvedere Vodka are targeting the Dubai market as opposed to the Mashad market.

I've just had to sit through most of the Persepolis game and watched the Al Ain game yesterday, it'd be easier to stop coming up with elaborate ideas of the root of failure and just call a spade a spade, most of these Iranians haven't got half a footballing brain cell between them. The decision making is akin to that of a U10 game in any respectable country. And coaching and infrastructure are to blame for it all.
                            That's basically what I am saying. What I am saying is that FIFA is run by the sponsors, and they heavily manipulate what takes place. Are you seriously trying to tell me that this is not true in any way? Do you think this massive corporation, who loves money, would sit on the side lines and leave everything to chance?

You've got to have a knowledge of economics, marketing and business to understand this type of stuff, so it's ok.

Comment

4d52a1de07392ec472a665e4549d1a820e9c95909dbc3c70b48772db00f01f69.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X