Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

we win at home, is over

Comment

The pressure to win will be huge, especially in front of probably 100.000 Iranians...I hope we can seal the deal.

Last time when Uzbekistan came to Azadi they won 0-1. So it will definitely not be an easy game by any means.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
        The pressure to win will be huge, especially in front of probably 100.000 Iranians...I hope we can seal the deal.

Last time when Uzbekistan came to Azadi they won 0-1. So it will definitely not be an easy game by any means.
        It is not 100000 anymore. It is 78000 because they installed seats in the second floor.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarbaze-Vatan View Post
          It is not 100000 anymore. It is 78000 because they installed seats in the second floor.
          In china game , more than 100k packed the stadium. It will be the same in uzb game. I hope we dont see any incidnet which fifa may punish us.

Comment

This was our line up vs Uzb in 2013 when we lost in Azadi.

Rahmati, Heydari, Hosseini, Montazeri, Pouladi, Nekounam, Ando, Nouri, Dejagah,Khalatbari, Gucci.

Subs were Pejman Nouri, Abbasfard(who?), and Ansarifard.

This is our expected line up next week.

Beiranvand, Rezaein, PAG, Montazeri/Hosseini, Mohammadi, Hajsafi, Ezzatolahi, Jahanbaksh, Shojaei, Amiri, Taremi(or Sardar or Karim or Gucci).

Subs: Sardar/Ansarifard/Gucci/Dejagah/Torabi etc....

I don't see us losing at Azadi, if we don't score by the 65-70th minute, I predict CQ will take the point and move on. Remember the pressure is on UZB to win.

A draw keeps us five points away from them with two games left (Uzb and Korea fight it out in the last round).

We are 90% through.

Comment

Let's keep in mind that we absolutely dominated that game in Azadi too last time, even with a relatively weaker lineup than today. It was just one of those days where the football gods don't smile upon you :P

Comment

And a good goal by nouri was called offsides

Comment

Originally posted by CHaMiLLionaire View Post
                  This was our line up vs Uzb in 2013 when we lost in Azadi.

Rahmati, Heydari, Hosseini, Montazeri, Pouladi, Nekounam, Ando, Nouri, Dejagah,Khalatbari, Gucci.

Subs were Pejman Nouri, Abbasfard(who?), and Ansarifard.

Beiranvand, Rezaein, PAG, Montazeri/Hosseini, Mohammadi, Hajsafi, Ezzatolahi, Jahanbaksh, Shojaei, Amiri, Taremi(or Sardar or Karim or Gucci).

I don't see us losing at Azadi, if we don't score by the 65-70th minute, I predict CQ will take the point and move on. Remember the pressure is on UZB to win.

A draw keeps us five points away from them with two games left (Uzb and Korea fight it out in the last round).

We are 90% through.
                  true but why go for draw, when we can win and is all over

Comment

The biggest upside for us going into the UZB game is that the pressure is 150% on them. And to make things better we have a giant iscentive. Those are two good combos.....I'm hoping for a good game but I have to fully agree with chamillionaire....if we don't score within the first 65mins or so it will be difficult to see us leave that game with 3 points. They are a very decent side for Asian standards so if they can frustrate us even a bit, it will be tough. Azmoun/Gucci and Taremi need to just rip as many shots as possible on lobonov.
                    Team Meli Iran
                    Perspolis FC
                    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

As always, the must is for TM to not get complacent, not give up and not think it'll be easy.

We have to show respect but with proper planning we can beat any of the group teams.
                      Hopefully CQ is doing that for the team.

Comment

Uzbekistan doesn't play many away games, and they are not very good at the ones they play. Lucky wins here and there, always loose to quality opponents.
                        It will be 1-0 or 2-0 Iran win, but Iran should really be able to score 4 on them.

Comment

Originally posted by rdwrrr View Post
                          Uzbekistan doesn't play many away games, and they are not very good at the ones they play. Lucky wins here and there, always loose to quality opponents.
                          It will be 1-0 or 2-0 Iran win, but Iran should really be able to score 4 on them.
                          Ideally yes, but all it takes is a lucky bounce here and there.
                          As members have previously mentioned, in 2012 at the game in Azadi we dominated, but they won.

Comment

[QUOTE=rdwrrr;2463084]Uzbekistan doesn't play many away games, and they are not very good at the ones they play. Lucky wins here and there, always loose to quality opponents.
                            It will be 1

Football is always unpredictable!

Comment

Originally posted by sarbaz View Post
                              And a good goal by nouri was called offsides

YES!!! We should have in the least drawn them! but low and behold the Emirati ref whistled a foul on Khalatbari 'Blocking the view' of the keeper!! how ridiculous is that!! Remember the same ref or another Emirati denied us a goal vs Brazil in the friendly a few years back , so we were solid back then and more solid even now!

Comment

Originally posted by CHaMiLLionaire View Post

On what planet does Amiri start??
                                "Formerly known as AliDaeiClone"

Comment

Working...
                                X