No announcement yet.

TM squad announced for Montenegro / Uzbekistan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guys in the main page im reading the report on CQ announcing the squad for the uzb match. It says iran will qualify with adraw. I thought a win is required to qualify?

Comment

With a draw if Korea looses

Comment

If korea loses they are 13 pts and iran with a draw 18 pts. Still not guaranteed. Can some one please put all the different rent scenarios if iran ties what would be the outcome?

Comment

We can guarantee a second place through a win against Syria, even if we lose against Korea and Uzbekistan.

It's very simple, the difference in points between Iran and Uzbekistan are 5 points with 3 games to go.

If UZB wins all 3 matches, 9 + 12 >> 21 points
          If Korea wins all matches (except UZB) 6 + 13 >> 19 points
          If Iran wins only Syria, 3 + 17 >> 20 points

Comment

If Korea loses and we draw we will be through as last matchday Korea plays Uzbekistan and both can't come out with 3 points. Also regarding the FIFA rankings if we win both our matches in June we will be in top 20!

Comment

Originally posted by Adesor Vafaseya View Post
              BIG DIFFERENCE.

Montenegro was former Yugoslav state, where their level of football is way higher than Macedonia and Moldova.
              As someone else said Montenegro is currently 2nd in their WCQ 2018.

I am glad we play Montenegro as a prep game vs Uzbekistan

By the way whats the difference between China, Japan, Korea, Malaysia?
              Well said Amoo joon.

Comment

Originally posted by Ejdeha View Post
                If Korea loses and we draw we will be through as last matchday Korea plays Uzbekistan and both can't come out with 3 points. Also regarding the FIFA rankings if we win both our matches in June we will be in top 20!
                Gutter will always loose

Comment

^ Yes, Gutter reedeh.

Comment

What if we tie tie uzb and syria and loose to korea?

Comment

^ I would think we still qualify since Uzbekistan is in desperate need of 3 points against us.

You will also have to consider goal difference.

Comment

Come on what is all this talk about tying Uzbeks. If we defeated them away we are certainly capable of defeating them in Tehran. I want nothing less than the 3 points. Lets end this campaign with 2 games in hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Damavand View Post
                          Come on what is all this talk about tying Uzbeks. If we defeated them away we are certainly capable of defeating them in Tehran. I want nothing less than the 3 points. Lets end this campaign with 2 games in hand.
                          Looking at the trend our team has been creating in the last year, its logical that we are destined to win this game as it has all the requirements of a WIN; ie home advantage, a full strength squad, better preparation than before and the desire to win as this is THE game that will give us an early ticket to WC, but you NEVER KNOW in football, if we dont score , we dont win and TM has the lowest scoring record under CQ( vs Bahrain is sole exception) I dont want to spread fear and doubt, but TM needs to be doubly cautious, because for us its an early ticket, meaning we still can go if we defeat Syria, but for the Uzbeks its life or death!! they lose they are 80% out, as their path will be immensely difficult, they would need luck, and even a miracle to advance without the dreaded playoff, and even with a playoff, they might end up with a resurgent Saudi or Australia that will destroy them , so they are highly motivated to win! lets see, if CQ can really get another amazing win for us, I will eternally pledge my respect, loyalty, love and admiration for him, TM and even IFF for sticking with him!....

Comment

Originally posted by eerooni View Post
                            Looking at the trend our team has been creating in the last year, its logical that we are destined to win this game as it has all the requirements of a WIN; ie home advantage, a full strength squad, better preparation than before and the desire to win as this is THE game that will give us an early ticket to WC, but you NEVER KNOW in football, if we dont score , we dont win and TM has the lowest scoring record under CQ( vs Bahrain is sole exception) I dont want to spread fear and doubt, but TM needs to be doubly cautious, because for us its an early ticket, meaning we still can go if we defeat Syria, but for the Uzbeks its life or death!! they lose they are 80% out, as their path will be immensely difficult, they would need luck, and even a miracle to advance without the dreaded playoff, and even with a playoff, they might end up with a resurgent Saudi or Australia that will destroy them , so they are highly motivated to win! lets see, if CQ can really get another amazing win for us, I will eternally pledge my respect, loyalty, love and admiration for him, TM and even IFF for sticking with him!....
                            Believe me if Australia and KSA can destroy the Uzbeks, so can we.

Comment

Originally posted by Damavand View Post
                              Remember last wc qualf. We beat them at home and we lost to them at home

Comment

Originally posted by mbaizai View Post
                                Remember last wc qualf. We beat them at home and we lost to them at home
                                That was 4 years ago and our team had not fully developed yet. The team we have now is MUCH MUCH stronger.

Comment

Working...
                                X