TM squad announced for Montenegro / Uzbekistan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
    I think if Carlos throws back @ him a lil invite to a not-so-important friendly, then he would see that as an window of opportunity to make a historic possible 3 WC appearances.
    If I'm not mistaken, Ando and Masoud would be the first 2 Iranian players to ever play 3 World Cups. 2006, 2014 and probably 2018.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
      If I'm not mistaken, Ando and Masoud would be the first 2 Iranian players to ever play 3 World Cups. 2006, 2014 and probably 2018.
      yea, massoud would also likely be the only other with triple WC appearances.
      but he only had a short cameo appearance @ WC 06(when AK8 refused to enter the match and brangoh sent in Shojaee instead) while Ando played Full90, all 3Matches? & was arguably our Best Player in WC06.

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
        yea, massoud would also likely be the only other with triple WC appearances.
        but he only had a short cameo appearance @ WC 06(when AK8 refused to enter the match and brangoh sent in Shojaee instead) while Ando played Full90, all 3Matches? & was arguably our Best Player in WC06.
        True but I don't think ando will be 2018 world cup

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
          Dadash, please clean your inbox.
          I did, sorry man.

Comment

I would be highly surprised seeing Ando in 2018 WC. He is no where near the shape he used to be.

Comment

Originally posted by mahestan View Post
              I would be highly surprised seeing Ando in 2018 WC. He is no where near the shape he used to be.
              also we just dont need him at all. We have saeid, ali karimi, hajsafi, ebrahimi all competing for two spots in the starting xi. Plus even players like Kamyabinia and Noorafkan are in far better form than him, deserving of just a call up, let alone starting or even a spot on the bench. TM has most of definitely moved on, but I will always hold ando in high regard for all he has done for TM and iranian football in general . Man was an absolute work horse.

Comment

I'm happy to see Sasan Ansari again. I honestly thought he wouldn't be called up as punishment. Even if the referee was unjust, a player can't just put his hands on an official. He was pretty aggressive. But then again I can totally see Carlos knocking out a referee

Either way, I'm glad to see his name on the list again. He's a very promising player.
                Last edited by teammelli91; 05-14-2017, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KeonKish View Post
                  I still think ando has a lot to offer if he is back in good shape.

His corners are golden and we haven't had a single good corner kick when he doesn't play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  I would even take a 50% Ando with me to the World Cup.

Ando's form has always been questioned in the past, but each time he showed up in crucial matches whenever he was needed. He is the MAN for big games and it’s stunning if you review how many times he more or less assisted historical goals, being a huge reason for our success. Besides his endless fighting spirit and effective corners on the field - judging by all the TM videos he is one of the few players bringing some good spirit to the team. Being funny, but also serious at the same time - totally makes the whole TM atmosphere more lively. No hashiye, a full team player and connects with all teammates. I would surely keep the experienced trio of Hosseini, Ando & Shojaei!
                  Formerly known as Persianking!
                  Follow me @
                  instagram/iranscout
                  instagram/nariman_iranscout

Comment

Originally posted by Nariman View Post
                    I would even take a 50% Ando with me to the World Cup.

Ando's form has always been questioned in the past, but each time he showed up in crucial matches whenever he was needed. He is the MAN for big games and it’s stunning if you review how many times he more or less assisted historical goals, being a huge reason for our success. Besides his endless fighting spirit and effective corners on the field - judging by all the TM videos he is one of the few players bringing some good spirit to the team. Being funny, but also serious at the same time - totally makes the whole TM atmosphere more lively. No hashiye, a full team player and connects with all teammates. I would surely keep the experienced trio of Hosseini, Ando & Shojaei!
                    Ando is not needed. This team isn't like our teams of the past. The young players have all come up with CQ in charge and act professionally for the most part. We have 6-7 starters that have experience in Europe already. Its time we go with talent, not with relics of the past. Shojaei is in great form, and thats why he will be on the team.
                    "Formerly known as AliDaeiClone"

Comment

Originally posted by AliDaeiClone View Post
                      Ando is not needed. This team isn't like our teams of the past. The young players have all come up with CQ in charge and act professionally for the most part. We have 6-7 starters that have experience in Europe already. Its time we go with talent, not with relics of the past. Shojaei is in great form, and thats why he will be on the team.
                      I say we still need someone like Ando as our DMF if he is in form. Kamyabinia is injured and Omid Ebrahimi has ups and downs. Saeed doesn't look good since he joined Anzhi. Ando looked pretty good in Hazfi final. We need him. If CQ introduces a solid young DMF in remaining time up to WC then we might think about not including Ando. For time being Ando seems fit for a come back call up.

Comment

Omid Ebrahimi is actually the most consistent Iranian player in the league along with Seyed Jalal in the past 2 years, I hardly can remember the last bad game he had. He is the number 1 choice in the middle for me right now after his great season.

If you look at the entire season Ando has not been good, actually that was the worst season I've seen from him, and again I doubt we will ever see him again in TM. People were also shocked when KB was suddenly excluded, well the same case is happening with Ando. New players come up and we simply move on, his replacements have done great so far anyways.

CQ's 4 main DMs have been set since couple of squads now: Ebrahimi, Ezzatollahi, Ali Karimi and Kamyabinia when fit. Behind those guys you have younger players like Noorafkan fighting to get in the squad, not to forget Hajsafi who has now been shifted to this position in the last few games

Comment

From what I have seen Ebrahimi had ups and downs specially in first half of the season but he was one of the better players in SS in general. In TM I don't see him keep that consistency. Even Kamal Kamyabinia has been inconsistent for TM level.

I haven't followed all of Ando matches but I saw the final of Hazfi and he was pretty good and in form. This is the last shot for Ando before he retires. I say CQ should give him a chance. Ebrahimi, Kamal, and Ezatollahi are here and have more years to shine but not Ando. At least it is good to use him in WCQs and have a warm good bye to. Ando and Jalal are the last survivors of 2000s generation.

To me Ebrahimi is an average DMF player and nothing special in NT level. Kamyabinia has more ups and downs but when he is ready he is more reliable than Ebrahimi. Saeed started good but recently he has lost his form even his great skills in passing had gone down the drain in Anzhi. Ali Karimi was ineffective in Dinamo and Loko for months before he broke the ice. He is getting more exposure so I don't want to disturb that development by playing for NT. Hajisafi is a good player as LW or AMF even CMF but not DMF. He is less effective in defensive duties specially in LB position.

Ando and Neko were two good example of DMF for us all day. I never forget Ando's great passing to Gucci 2013 and for Ashkan/Azmoun vs Qatar in 2015. He is great at FK and corners and he fights for the ball when he is fit. Our youngesters like Ezzi and Nourafkan should look up to Ando and Neko as their role models.
                          Last edited by PersianLegion; 05-17-2017, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Ebrahimi has been really good, it is shame he was discovered a bit late and is close to 30.

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                              Ebrahimi has been really good, it is shame he was discovered a bit late and is close to 30.
                              Actually CQ discovered him when he was about 24 years old, and since then he got called up fairly regularly to most of his squads. The reason why he only recently started playing regularly for TM is that during that 2012-2015 period the Ando/Neko duo was still going strong with both of them being integral parts of Iran NT. I agree however that he's playing his best football since 2015, he wasn't as good before

Comment

Originally posted by Z Joon View Post
                                Actually CQ discovered him when he was about 24 years old, and since then he got called up fairly regularly to most of his squads. The reason why he only recently started playing regularly for TM is that during that 2012-2015 period the Ando/Neko duo was still going strong with both of them being integral parts of Iran NT. I agree however that he's playing his best football since 2015, he wasn't as good before
                                Well 24-25 is a bit late to be discovered and yes Ando/Javad presence contributed also in his lack of playing time but if he was smart he should try to join any European side before or After 2015 Asian cup when he was around 26-27. Now World Cup is the end of TM career for him most likely, and even despite having a strong WC i doubt he gets any European offer at the age of almost 31.

Comment

Working...
                                X