No announcement yet.

AFC Champions League Week 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All 4 of our clubs can advance. Two of them have to win: Persepolis and Zob Ahan.

Persepolis will be at Azadi vs Al Wahda, and Zob Ahan in a tough match against Al Ahli in Gutter.

Comment

AFC Champions League Week 5

Relax guys, it's just the Asian Champions League. Outside Asia, nobody really cares or even knows about the existence of this competition.

I'd rather have a strong Team Melli and an average performing league, than a successful league like CSL but a shit national team.

Actually Iranian teams are doing a remarkable job with the domestic players and lack of funds challenging rich Arab teams with foreign stars and world class facilities.

What I'm saying is that we shouldn't look much into the results because we know who has more talent.

Comment

PP defenders Moharrami, Ansari and Mahini in the team of the week.

Comment

I think Sadegh Moharrami should be called up and given some minutes in our last WCQ games, seems like he's performing consistently and out of nowhere.

To be honest, I never expected him to be near this good after all that time on the bench ever since he left Malavan. He's very quick, high technical and dribbling skills, also decent at the back. Should be tested with Iran IMO, although I don't rate him higher than Rezaeian or Ghafouri yet, but he has the potential to be even better he is still only 21

Comment

Originally posted by Z Joon View Post
            I think Sadegh Moharrami should be called up and given some minutes in our last WCQ games, seems like he's performing consistently and out of nowhere.

To be honest, I never expected him to be near this good after all that time on the bench ever since he left Malavan. He's very quick, high technical and dribbling skills, also decent at the back. Should be tested with Iran IMO, although I don't rate him higher than Rezaeian or Ghafouri yet, but he has the potential to be even better he is still only 21
            Not surprising ... he was a stand out in that U16 team with Saeid Ezatollahi. Probably our best player in that U17 World Cup.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
              Relax guys, it's just the Asian Champions League. Outside Asia, nobody really cares or even knows about the existence of this competition.

I'd rather have a strong Team Melli and an average performing league, than a successful league like CSL but a shit national team.

Actually Iranian teams are doing a remarkable job with the domestic players and lack of funds challenging rich Arab teams with foreign stars and world class facilities.

What I'm saying is that we shouldn't look much into the results because we know who has more talent.
              Originally posted by Z Joon View Post

Amen to both of these posts, perfectly said. Moharami is particularly special given his age and our lack of young defenders in TM. I like him a lot I hope CQ gives him a shot
              Team Meli Iran
              Perspolis FC
              Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by teammelli1 View Post
                All 4 of our clubs can advance. Two of them have to win: Persepolis and Zob Ahan.

Persepolis will be at Azadi vs Al Wahda, and Zob Ahan in a tough match against Al Ahli in Gutter.
                This is so doable for both PP and ZA! They just need to up their game and we cn see all 4 of our reps in the knock out round.....

Comment

Working...
                X