X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iran in World Cup with The "Shah"

Imagine Iran in World Cup 2018 with The "Shah" or better said "Shahanshah"
    (King of kings)

I think even after 2 millennia, Iranians will continue to say imagine if Shah, or if no IR, etc....

We are a nation who loves to live in the past ...

Comment

I'd rather not, thank you.

Comment

Nothing more bizarre than people living in democracies and craving monarchy. What is it in our brains that makes us want to be ruled over by other men? Not even an extraordinarily man like a scientist or a philosopher! Just some hyped offspring of an ordinary man brought to power by western puppet masters.

Very very odd.

Note: this is not a pro IR post, I am just stating a fact that I want Iran to be a successor non-monarch democracy.
        Team faghat PERSPOLIS

Comment

Originally posted by kami_kakashi View Post
          Nothing more bizarre than people living in democracies and craving monarchy. What is it in our brains that makes us want to be ruled over by other men? Not even an extraordinarily man like a scientist or a philosopher! Just some hyped offspring of an ordinary man brought to power by western puppet masters.

Very very odd.

Note: this is not a pro IR post, I am just stating a fact that I want Iran to be a successor non-monarch democracy.
          Because we're too stupid to vote in secular candidates.

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

Originally posted by Team Melli Fan View Post
            Because we're too stupid to vote in secular candidates.
            I was mostly referring to expats who live in US or Europe and enjoy the benefits of democracy but want a monarchy for Iran!?
            Team faghat PERSPOLIS

Comment

I was mostly referring to expats who live in US or Europe and enjoy the benefits of democracy but want a monarchy for Iran!?
              They are an exiled minority living in nostalgia.

I do not think our country is ready for democracy yet btw, go to any gathering of Iranians and see how if an argument comes up with differing opinions no one can respect the other side.

Comment

Nah man Monarchy is a thing of the past. There will never be monarchy in Iran again. The people would not want it...and Im pretty sure the currently "monarch" family wouldn't want it. The idea of monarchy for many Iranians comes from being overly nationalistic. The only thing that might come close to many of the nationalistic dreams of those abroad is "pan-Iranian" movement. But, the amount of conflict between different nations (Armenia vs. Azerbaijan) and poverty(central Asia) this idea will fall faster than you can blink. Plus what is this doing in a football forum?
                EAT. SLEEP. TM. REPEAT.

Comment

The Pahlavi dynasty was the best Iran ever had since Cyrus the Great! and this greatness will not come for another few hundred years until we give up our Hocus pocus belief in Islam and the 12th Iman! We need to believe in Iran, Iranian People and our glorious past ruled by benevolent kings....

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post

I do not think our country is ready for democracy yet btw, go to any gathering of Iranians and see how if an argument comes up with differing opinions no one can respect the other side.
                    I think what they/we can all agree on, is that a part of the solution is to get rid of the cancer that has f'ed up Iran, and kick the lovers of it out.

Comment

Iran in World Cup with The "Shah"

Reading a little bit about the political past of Iran, it seems that no one was as close to benefiting Iran the most then Mosaddegh.

He was the only one that actually enforced the nationalisation of the Anglo-Iranian Oil Company (AIOC), and cut the majority of the British Government's ties with Iran's oil.

Surely enough, the British Government told owners of oil tanker ships that "receipts from the Iranian government would not be accepted on the world market", meaning Iran could no longer sell it most valuable asset.

To put things in perspective as to how much profit we were losing to the British, here is a rough estimate. In 1947, the British run AIOC recorded an after-tax profit of $112 million(worth $1.26 billion today), whilst giving Iran a measly sum of $20 million (worth $225 million today). In theory, stopping the British from stealing our most valuable asset could have single handedly revolutionised our dire economy.

Source: All the Shah's Men, by Stephen Kinzer (2003)

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post

Ehh.... you will see that in every culture.

Comment

Very very odd.
                          and craving a revolution every 37 years because the only choice you are given is the offspring.
                          “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Ok, so before this thread is locked please comment:
                            I heard from some one that many of our youngsters in Iran are now admiring Shah's era. Personally I dont believe that. But is that true or misinformation? If you wish to answer, please tell us whether you currently live in Iran or not.

Comment

Originally posted by GolfePersique View Post
                              I think even after 2 millennia, Iranians will continue to say imagine if Shah, or if no IR, etc....

We are a nation who loves to live in the past ...
                              I think it is pretty normal for any Iran lover to grief about the historical situation of their country that changed the course of a whole nation from becoming a developed respected nation to a pariah state. Not only that, but also how our individual lives could have been different for the better. I personally wouldn't have to go to exile at a very young age from a country to another away from those I loved more than anything and seeing them pass away one by one in recent years.

Not just the revolution but I sometimes sigh and say what if Omar didn't conquer Iran, or Alexander or Moghols etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X