Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So... Is Andranik Teymourian officially done with TM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if he is still playing professionally, he cant be in all that bad of shape..!!?
    how old is he now..? i think he deserves another camp call up probably ..? especially in light of our desperate situation in DM position, currently and for the first WC Game..!
    let the man duke it out with others in training, id say..! if even Semi-fit, he could still play a pivotal role for us at WC...!??

if nothing else, at least give him a proper send-off, retirement game !! he deserve at a very least that much..!!
    how about we designate the turkey match or one of the home friendlies coming up in march for it..!!? we all know IFF is incapable of coming up with a separate/alt game..

Comment

Andranik Teymourian back with team? Meets with CQ

خبری عجیب در اطراف تیم ملی|بازگشت آندو؟

کی*روش برای پر کردن جای خالی عزت*اللهی تصمیم عجیبی گرفته است.سرمربی تیم ملی قصد دارد آندرانیک تیموریان، هافبک با تجربه تیم ملی را همراه خود به روسیه ببرد و از او در ترکیب استفاده کند.

گفته می*شود حتی کی*روش و تیموریان شب گذشته جلسه*ای 4 ساعته با یکدیگر برگزار کردند و در این خصوص به گفت*وگو نشستند و ظاهراً تیموریان برای حضور در تیم ملی اعلام آمادگی کرده است.

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post

کی*روش برای پر کردن جای خالی عزت*اللهی تصمیم عجیبی گرفته است.سرمربی تیم ملی قصد دارد آندرانیک تیموریان، هافبک با تجربه تیم ملی را همراه خود به روسیه ببرد و از او در ترکیب استفاده کند.

گفته می*شود حتی کی*روش و تیموریان شب گذشته جلسه*ای 4 ساعته با یکدیگر برگزار کردند و در این خصوص به گفت*وگو نشستند و ظاهراً تیموریان برای حضور در تیم ملی اعلام آمادگی کرده است.
        Yassss finally!

Comment

This is awesome
          Team Meli Iran
          Perspolis FC
          Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Yes Finally

He will make a record for Iran. The first Iranian to have appeared in 3 World Cups [2006, 2014 and 2018]. Although Shojaei is there as well but he has played less-minutes than Ando.

Comment

wow
              i sure hope so..! or it could also be in light of his own uncertain future with TM, that CQ could be just trying to organize one of the upcoming friendlies as a long over-due Send-Off, Retirement game for his ex Captain..??
              either way that is a very pleasant and encouraging development..!
              Ando made it abundantly clear in his earlier interview that he is ready to step in if CQ felt the need for his services at WC..!! This guy is a Man's man and doesnt just BS around...!! and if he even smell a small window of opportunity for such, he certainly has the Propensity for reaching optimal Fitness in short month or so of intense training and his experience and leadership qualities for such a role is simply unquestionable..!!
              aging is certainly going to be a factor considering he will be pushing Mid30s, but between him and half-fit Ashkan, i think we can easily get a Full 90 of absolute WC-level quality in our vital opening game...!!
              personally, ill be more apt to bet on the mentioned-above combo than relying on AKjr, Omid or fill-the-blank DM/CM for the Morocco game, especially partnering the always impetuous and inconsistent HajSafi and even to partner Saeed in the following two matches as tbf, he hasnt been his solid self in DM position for quiet sometimes now and even in the last game he showed his propensity to make some silly, costly mistakes..!!

Comment

I have always been in favor of Teymourian's inclusion in TM! but the recent post comparing his stats with Omid Ebrahimi's stats in PGL, worries me a lot. If his stats are lower than Ebrahimi's, I'm not sure this is the same Teymourian we know from before.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
                  I have always been in favor of Teymourian's inclusion in TM! but the recent post comparing his stats with Omid Ebrahimi's stats in PGL, worries me a lot. If his stats are lower than Ebrahimi's, I'm not sure this is the same Teymourian we know from before.
                  Remember also - Ebrahimi has a lot better players around him. The defense cannot focus solely on him, thus inflated stats.

Comment

If Teymourian can get in shape, his warrior attitude is very valuable. He doesn't let anyone get by him. He's never been a good distributor or passer, but damn he knows how to tackle and close gaps.

Comment

So... Is Andranik Teymourian officially done with TM?

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                      If Teymourian can get in shape, his warrior attitude is very valuable. He doesn't let anyone get by him. He's never been a good distributor or passer, but damn he knows how to tackle and close gaps.
                      His corners always lead to goals. We are going to need solid corner takers. Actually his vision and passing are very underrated aspects of his game if you look at the amount of key passes he gave that won us games in WCQ games.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                        His corners always lead to goals. We are going to need solid corner takers. Actually his vision and passing are very underrated aspects of his game if you look at the amount of key passes he gave that won us games in WCQ games.
                        He's gotten better at it but still no where near optimal.
                        In WC 2006 for every great tackle he made, he would ruin it with a mishit 3 yard pass.

Comment

true that...!!
                          you know that old football saying that "you can let the man or the ball by you, But Never Both..!!" it applies to his head-hunting style of MF play than anyone else's in history of iranian football..! The man is a pure Midfield Destroyer..!

Comment

There are two flaws in Ando. 1- He is injury prone in this age 2. He is not a leader. But I will take him over Omid Ebrahimi.

Comment

He's gotten better at it but still no where near optimal.
                              In WC 2006 for every great tackle he made, he would ruin it with a mishit 3 yard pass.
                              Spot On again..!
                              i remember during the last Asian Cup Qualifying, fker couldnt even hit the wide side of the barn with his passes, short or long ..! he improved his passing and dead-ball deliveries tremendously later on and as always he made up for all his mistakes with seemingly endless supply of Hustle Play....it would be 80min and he would be flying all about the MF in opponents face as if the game had just kicked off..!! it seemed as the guy possessed 10 lungs and extra legs...!! much of Neku's success on the pitch could well be attributed to Ando doing much of the defensive leg work for him and freeing up the space and opportunity for javad to move forward and join the attack with his excellent poise and vision and passing..!
                              Optimal Fitness has always played the Biggest Role in Ando's overall quality of performance on the pitch, so i can totally understand CQ's earlier hesitancies to invite him and instead trying his best to find a younger/fitter alternative for him in TM..!

Comment

Remember also - Ebrahimi has a lot better players around him. The defense cannot focus solely on him, thus inflated stats.
                                Sure. Hope that is the case. but then again, why wasn't Teymourian being recruited by a better team in PGL?

Anyways, I don't wanna be pessimistic. I hope he comes in and changes the whole picture of Ezzatollahi's absence. Maybe he will also be the one playing regularly along side Ezatollahi in the other 2 games. Let's keep our fingers crossed!

Comment

Working...
                                X