Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So... Is Andranik Teymourian officially done with TM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So... Is Andranik Teymourian officially done with TM?

He seems to have been essentially phased out of TM. I cannot remember the last time he was called up. It would be a sadly quiet end for such an important player in our national team history. Our midfield seems to have enough talent at this point, so I don't see him getting called back up sadly...

Andranik has always been one of my favorite players. I really hope that he does get playing time in place of Ezatollahi if he gets carded or injured. Andranik is our Kante. He hunts. He always fights to the last second, he is almost always first to celebrate with his teammate who has scored, and he is pretty good about keeping his cool although he plays rough. I've seen him lose his temper one time and it was against Bahrain when he tried to pick up a player who dived. Ezatollahi is a better version in that he has great creativity and passing ability, but I wouldn't mind him playing in place of Hajsafi if we needed a more defensive lineup.

Comment

I think he deserves few matches to play as captain and have a nice friendly match when he says good bye to NT. Javad Nekounam, Ali Karimi and many other special players deserved this too. Javad said good bye in a right time but Ali Karimi was not given a proper chance. I would like to see Ando once again in our NT jersey as captain.

Comment

Teymourian was the most essential player in our previous WCQ campaign, I believe he can still be useful off the bench.

Ezatolahi's inexperience on big stage makes me nervous sometimes. He gets so many unnecessary yellows.

Comment

If not for anything else we don't have a replacement for him in taking corner kicks. Every single one of his corners smelled like a goal. remember how many goals we scored from them in the past couple of years! Jahanbakhsh can't take corners if his life depended on it!!

Comment

I have to agree that I would personally favor a 2014 Andranik before Hajsafi any day, but I honestly don't know how his fitness status is right now and he is a player that really really shines when 100% fit

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ocean View Post
              I have to agree that I would personally favor a 2014 Andranik before Hajsafi any day, but I honestly don't know how his fitness status is right now and he is a player that really really shines when 100% fit
              ditto

Carlos values highly Experience and could well deservedly call him back up to TM for WC18 as a veteran Sub off the bench in the Key position..! BUT for that he has to return back to PEAK FITNESS and possibly even make an upgrade in his club football..! Somewhat tall order for aging Ando, but i've seen him do it before and if Massoud of all players can revive his career, there is no reason why he couldnt..!!

Ps
              he was also my oveall TM, MVP throughout the WC14 Qualifying..! & it probably comes as no surprise to some here but i take him over HajSafi anyday..!! probably even now without knowing his fitness level..!!

Comment

His neverending running, his physical strength and his Gatusso like roughness on the field is always missed. However once a player can't maintain the fitness required for such skills, they fall off the radar quickly.

Maybe if he can get his fitness back he'll be called back.

Comment

I'm a bit out of the loop here, but whatever the hell happened to Dejagah? I think I remember him being injured at some point, but haven't seen or heard about him since.

Comment

Andranik is a fighter, great leader, plays his heart out, and has a magical touch in creating goals (he almost always is the pass that leads to the assist, or the assist itself.) I think if anything, he should be on our bench. If we had the lead and we want to keep it 1-0, he is the ideal player to bring on. Maybe his form hasn't been great, but I hope to see him back soon.
                    --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                    --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                    ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                    --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                    ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

We are never satisfied. Although i LOVE Teymourian as one of the most Gheyrati & talented Iranian Team Melli players of the last decade, it is a good thing to give the younger players playing time, since we have a good pool of talented players in the age of 20-28. But Teymourian should definatly be a part of the team roster, let alone for his experience and coaching abilitities.
                      Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
                      O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

i hope he is brought back, the only player from our failed campaign in 2006. His tears at the end of the Angola could be felt all the way in the stands.
                        iran3.jpg
                        زن زندگی آزادی

Comment

But this one I will not forget either: a true gentleman.
                          teymourian-butterfly.jpg
                          زن زندگی آزادی

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                            Teymourian was the most essential player in our previous WCQ campaign, I believe he can still be useful off the bench.

Ezatolahi's inexperience on big stage makes me nervous sometimes. He gets so many unnecessary yellows.
                            LOL his hand of God V China
                            Please watch and Subscribe:

Comment

He can be part of 2018 world cup he has experience and hecan motivate the team even though i dont think he will get alot of game time

Comment

Working...
                              X