Funny stuff; Queiroz snobs Iranian reporters in pre-match press conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lorestani View Post
    I am a bigger critic of these papers than you could imagine, but that's beside the point. The point is not how bad these papers are. The point is how to deal with bad papers. This is not a good way to deal with them. When they go low, don't lower yourself to their level. Lead by example. Go check out Takhti, the biggest sportsman this country has ever produced.
    Takhti has noting to do with this. His noble character was about helping the needy and being fair and sportsmanlike with his wrestling opponents. Confronting liars and exposing their unfairness is not about lowering yourself, it's about not letting them get away with corruption. By pretending to have respect for corrupt liars we give them an air of legitimacy they don't deserve. It's an honorable man's duty to expose those who have no honor.

Comment

Originally posted by krol View Post
      Takhti has noting to do with this. His noble character was about helping the needy and being fair and sportsmanlike with his wrestling opponents. Confronting liars and exposing their unfairness is not about lowering yourself, it's about not letting them get away with corruption. By pretending to have respect for corrupt liars we give them an air of legitimacy they don't deserve. It's an honorable man's duty to expose those who have no honor.
      Exposing liars is what you read into CQ's actions. What he did was not respond to questions. Not Responding to questions has nothing to do with being honorable. Takhti has everything to do with being honorable.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorestani View Post
        Exposing liars is what you read into CQ's actions. What he did was not respond to questions. Not Responding to questions has nothing to do with being honorable. Takhti has everything to do with being honorable.
        You don't get the point and frankly I'm done wasting my time.

One last time: By ignoring and giving the cold shoulder to shills who pretend to be journalists, CQ lets them know that he's on to them and does not recognize them as the legitimate journalists they pretend to be. Which is exactly what I would do. Giving the time of day to a bunch of lying hacks doesn't make a person honorable, it would make him a sap. And simplistic lectures about Takhti and honor do not change this fact.
        Done.

Comment

Originally posted by krol View Post
          You don't get the point and frankly I'm done wasting my time.

One last time: By ignoring and giving the cold shoulder to shills who pretend to be journalists, CQ lets them know that he's on to them and does not recognize them as the legitimate journalists they pretend to be. Which is exactly what I would do. Giving the time of day to a bunch of lying hacks doesn't make a person honorable, it would make him a sap. And simplistic lectures about Takhti and honor do not change this fact.
          Done.
          No reason to get annoyed, brother. I got your point the first time you laid it out, I just beg to differ. To you, engaging in Trumpian tactics is legitimate as long as the target - in this case corrupt journalists - is acting in immoral ways itself. To me, engaging in Trumpian tactics is not legitimate, period. Let's agree to disagree.

Comment

Working...
          X