A few things to consider about Taremi & Azmoun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few things to consider about Taremi & Azmoun

1. If you watch the goal again, it's Azmoun dropping deep that makes the Qatari defenders hesitate and also creates the space for Taremi to make his run. I missed it at the time in my exuberance but with clearer vision the day after, I caught it. Since everyone is trying to beat Azmoun like a pinata for failing to convert, I figured it'd be good to bring up.

2. Azmoun was getting manhandled by the Qatari defenders at times during the game, at times it was like a very wrestling match. I'm not saying they were playing dirty, it was just very competitive let's say. I'm sure he's used to that playing in Russia but he held his own and managed to scare them a bunch of times too. Worth noting.

3. Taremi is an instinctive striker more than anything, he reminds of Cavani in that sense. He'll score goals very easily if he's only give time to react, but the more time he has and the more touches on the ball he's given, the more likely he'll overthink or panic and mess up. Both players score lots of goals but they also miss tons of chances. Just something I noticed.

4. Taremi has a fantastic record scoring against Arab teams at club level, you can tell he really relishes playing them for PP. He's had 5 international goals before this against complete minnows, but I would consider this his first "real" goal for TM. If he can translate that club form for TM then, no matter how he plays throughout the game, Iran have a huge threat on their hands against opposition that we're not always that consistent against.

Completely agree on everything. Personally as a Persepolis and TM fan I am torn over him, on the one hand I would love for him to stay with us for another 5/6 years and be our consistent 15-20 goal scorer. However, many people don't realize he is just 24, he is one of the best players in our league and his age is right for him to go to a European league such as Belgium, Turkey, or even Greece and do well.

I doubt he will leave Persepolis this summer, but we will see what happens next summer, right after the World Cup, and with a good performance there, you never know where he could end up. He is the type of player that at the World Cup he will either be horrible or our best player.

Comment

The reason Taremi plays a lot and is one of CQ's preferred players is a that he is very active and fundamentally sound defensively. He hustles and challenges play a lot more than any of our other forwards. Azmoun needs to learn a few things from Taremi.

Comment

even though taremi might be good, however he miss way to many chances, even against qatar he missed a few chances

Comment

I agree with the analysis that Azmoun created space for Taremi. This shows his value on the pitch.
          Overall, the whole team was very organized and disciplined, there is no "one man star" in the team, but a "Team" instead.
          Azmoun and Taremi obeyed to their team duties and we witnessed the result of it.
          CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

They are also bffs.

Comment

Also looking at the highlights, Azmoun was involved in almost 90% of them. Most of the time creating dangerous situations of otherwise half a chances..

Comment

Working...
              X