Russia WCQ's - Qatar - Iran ; March 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Russia WCQ's - Qatar - Iran ; March 2017

game started quite cold and headless in terms of team movement with a lot of hoofing and lobbing and not a whole lot of sense.
    quite abysmal and hopeless 1st half performance that I'd not like to see repeated in our future games.

By second half we got some shape and with Qatar weakening and tiring, we got the upper hand and off a brilliant pass by Ansarifard, TM's worst performing player, Taromi, deftly put the ball in the net. Yes, the same player who had a horrendous game so far and that continued right after his goal!
    Talk about flash in the pan! Not that we're complaining, btw.

as game wore on we cemented our grasp on it. And with Qatar becoming restless and desperate, we found plenty of chances to get a second goal. And chances we got. However our lads either didnt care or lost focus or whatever, they just didnt put the game away no matter how many great chances they created! This much wastefulness is actually quite a concern and CQ will be looking too hard at it, I hope.

We should not let this many chances to go to waste.

At the same time Beiranvand made two top notch saves that saved our arses. Good job cementing his place
    Motazeri and PAG were solid.
    Same as Mohamadi.
    Ghafouri showed a little bit of rust, but got going in the 2nd half

EZ was pretty good in both going up or back. Hajsafi as DM is still up for grabs though. Lots of energy and style, but not much defensive abilities.

the top 4 also became totally different players by 2nd half. .... well, 3 of the 4. Taromi, except his goal that proved to be a rare glitch, went back to miss-passing and losing balls and generally not being where he needs to be.
    Azmoun wasnt setting the pitch on fire too.
    But Karim looked like a transformed player. more composure and venom. great to see him become a more threatening player

If we get more serious with our chances, we should be able to qualify with a game or two in hand actually.

Our centre backs were half-asleep today. Mohammadi and Ansarifard were fantastic today, with Ghafouri coming third for me in terms of performances. Jahanbakhsh was great as well, lots of energy which was good to see but holy hell, did Azmoun and Taremi underperform today. After that kind of performance, I really don't see why Taremi should start the next game. Great that he got the goal, but man, what was that?!

In line with what you're saying, I don't quite understand the second half performance. We could have had the game in the bag, and mistakes like these can prove costly. Hopefully we'll have a more composed attack in the next game, with Ghoochannejhad up front and no Taremi. Please, just no more Taremi.

Hajsafi was good going up and it was super nice seeing him in an attacking display, but it's very clear he doesn't have a lot of practice in the last third. Still good to see his pace though.
    Ma Bishomarim

"!خدایا ایستاده مردن را نصبیم کن که از نشسته زیستن در زلت خسته ام"
    محمد مختاری -

"Lord, let me die standing, as I am tired of living in indignity and on my knees"
    - Mohammad Mokhtari

Comment

Was thinking to summarize thoughts in a longer post - but frankly, it can all be summarize with one central theme: Ecstatic that we won, dismayed at how we win. I wish to forget and erase that 1st half from my memory forever (as well as the countless wasted 4 on 2, 2 on 1, and 1 on none opportunities in the 2nd half), but it has etched itself so deep into my skull, I will not be able to sleep tonight.

Oh, how I missed this...
      We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

Comment

I need to add a note on Beiranvand's time wasting here.
        While I thoroughly enjoy arabs suffering and getting totally irritated by opponents' use of their natural tactics (grass rolling and time wasting), I dont like US doing it. It leaves a bad taste in my mouth. We shd be above such underhand methods. So when I see Bairanvand's and others' ( Rahmati does it frequently) antics I find myself frowning.

Comment

Working...
        X