EAT. SLEEP. TM. REPEAT.

Comment

It looked to me like Queiroz played a 4-3-3:

Ansarifard - Azmoun - Taremi
      ----------Jahanbakhsh--------
      --------Hajsafi - Ezatolahi-----
      Milad - Pouraliganji - Montazeri - Ghafouri
      Beiranvand

Taremi had a poor first half but he definitely picked it up in the second.
      Ezatolahi was really solid with his tackles and cemented his spot in the center.
      Azmoun can be like a poor man's Ibrahimovic when he plays lethargically but he's good in the air and can be explosive at times.
      We had so many chances though, we really should be finishing better. Ghoochannejhad should get some time on Tuesday.
      Successful result for Queiroz, he's leading us the right way.

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

Why did Gutter's coach talk bad about CQ?
        Whenever these coaches talk shit about CQ or Iran (in a pathetic attempt to throw Iran off psychologically), it always backfires.
        Gutters coach should have took lesson from Choi.

Comment

Folks, any idea why Jalal Hosseini was not played today? Was he injured or may CQ be saving him for China game?

Boy we have so many great players that we can form 2 equally great TMs!

Comment

Originally posted by Keano View Post
            Folks, any idea why Jalal Hosseini was not played today? Was he injured or may CQ be saving him for China game?

Boy we have so many great players that we can form 2 equally great TMs!
            Probably strategic. PAG and Montazeri play in Qatari league. Maybe they were the more comfortable choices as they are used to Qatari style. Hosseini is probably rested for China like Gucci.

My predicted line-up against China:

-------------Biranvand---------------
            Rezaeian-Hosseini-PAG-Mohammadi
            ---------Ezatollahi-Ebrahimi--------
            Taremi-------Shojaei-----------Amiri
            ---------------Gucci-----------------

Comment

Azmoun could not move because they watched him. Biranvand was somewhat shaky. Ghafouri was ok but I prefer Ramin. He would have sent some greate pass. I hope we see shojaei instead of JB or Hajsafi next game.

Comment

Iran vs Qatar Player Ratings | Post Match Discussion

Originally posted by YeCheesi Tala View Post
                I'm not a fan of Taremi. Actually quiet the opposite. However, there is so much hate for a guy that scored the sole goal in the game; THE WINNING Goal. You guys seriously are delusional or something. If you had a choice between someone like Messi who would make every shot on target but not score but have someone like Taremi who somehow has a 30second brilliance that gets us a goal. ...I rather have Taremi at least in games against likes of Qatar.

--> The way I see it CQ wants to save Gucci for TM game in Azadi to open a can of whoop ass. The game against Qatar was a might win or satisfied with draw. So he aint gonna risk injury of the best striker on our team (Don't tell me Azmoun is the best because he is not...his mind still needs to develop which just comes with age).
                exactly.

This guy got us the goal that gave us 3 points, with pure brilliance (I believe none of our strikers maybe except Azmoun on a good day would have been able to control that pass as well as Taremi did), but you will see this thread is full of sentences saying "He scored the goal.. But".

Once fans here don't like a player, they just won't change their minds regardless, until probably the second he goes to Europe and then you can be sure everyone will hop on the bandwagon, becoming his biggest fans

It's obvious that if it was Azmoun that had the same performance and scored the winning goal, everyone would be praising him right now

Comment

Originally posted by Z Joon View Post
                  exactly.

This guy got us the goal that gave us 3 points, with pure brilliance (I believe none of our strikers maybe except Azmoun on a good day would have been able to control that pass as well as Taremi did), but you will see this thread is full of sentences saying "He scored the goal.. But".

Once fans here don't like a player, they just won't change their minds regardless, until probably the second he goes to Europe and then you can be sure everyone will hop on the bandwagon, becoming his biggest fans

It's obvious that if it was Azmoun that had the same performance and scored the winning goal, everyone would be praising him right now
                  Of course there will be a "He scored the goal, but...". Taremi was really bad yesterday, almost every pass he made was incorrect. Yes, he scored the winning goal that got us the three points, but some of the members makes him man of the match because of that... What if another player played instead of him? Maybe we would have won 3, 4-0? You rate the player because of his performance the entire game, not just one great moment.

Comment

What is interesting to me is our fan's expectations!

I will have a different rating system here. And is to rate us the fans.
                    After watching Syrian and Chinese matches against our rivals, I remember how some of our great members here were attacking team Melli and its management. These ongoing annoying attacks got even worse as a result of conflicts between CQ and branko. Our notorious fan's base even caused a lot of problem for our coach spreading rumours of him leaving. Back then many people like me asked both sides to take it easy as these were just rumours and hashiyeh that could hurt the team. Don't take me wrong. I'm saying it as a Persepolis fan. CQ hates khakezanak baazi, in our culture it might be ok. But in their culture its unmanly and feminine (with lots of respect to our female fans- I can't say another word that may upset certain group of prople) so to reduce the side affects of khalqezanak baazi, he cut the Iranian assistance from team Melli to cut the ties with any of these hashiyesazan! Again we didn't get the tactic and criticized the guy. He became lonely and shut the doors on team Melli to protect his place and the team. We shall learn guys. We don't get mangnlie him under ayatollahs. We shall come down to earth and start learning and change ourselves. therefore Anyhow to cut the long story short:

Qatar game was finally near! Only few hours was left and many of us had this in our mind that because of the lack of preparation and the hashiyeh around team Melli and conflicts, we were lucky to tie. The time has passed and we were not prepared as our opponents. And the alarming signs of it showed up too. Our two rivals losing gave Qatar the boost to cause another upset.

However, our great coach came out a victor again. The master of propaganda and psych warfare. No wonder Sir wanted him back. Now it's time for us to learn our lessons and support this team. Learn from an outsider what love is. The great move of leaning towards the ground and cover his fist in tears and the joy of another victory for his boys. A gesture that many Irabuabsceven don't show! Let's not harass this guy! Let's give him the tools to make us proud to get us through the 2nd round. Guys it's not a big deal to qualify to world cups no more. With the increasing number of participants and our continental superiority; our dear fans; we shall know that we most likely will be in all world cups from now on however what we will achieve in those world cups to come; is important!

So let's not raise expectations. I guarantee you if we win on Tuesday, CQ will go easy on the team and we may even lose a game or two. He will try new fresh squad and will conserve the top players. He will give chances to the bench which isn't that weaker than the starting squad. Even though his charisma most likely won't allow that and he will shoot for the win in all games.

Let's don't raise expectations. Let's stay Humble and respect others too. Syria can win too. China can win too. They in fact can do anything like any other good team! Let's say that we were lucky not to lose in China. Let's learn from Uzbeks that showed such spirit during the game with Syria and even at time of suspicious controversial penalty. They accepted the call and didn't whine about it. They weren't sore losers.
                    Let's understand that Asia is now a continent with most teams at very similar levels and growing. What makes us different is the management and strategy. However les not forget these happy days if bad days come too.

To me, considering from day one to today; all our lions have been great. It's soccer. One day you have a bad day as a player but next time you shine. You remember this very same Karim was the punching bag of many; he played superb today. Azmoun had one bad day even on this bad day he almost scored. Sometimes called it a lack of luck or a bad day and get over with it. Next game they make up for it and at the end of the day as team players we shall prevail. From fans to the players; let us not raise expectations and be humble.

Therefore, this time I give all my team 9 considering all the hashiyeh. I don't have short memory I remember and measure our team by the expectations and preparation before the games. Cheers
                    sigpic
                    SUPPORT TEAM MELLI
                    IRAN
                    - IRAN - ONLY IRAN

IRAN OUT OF AFC NOW!

IRAN WILL ROCK IN ASIA AGAIN IF IRI IS OVERTHROWN... MUBARAK, BIN-ALI, NOW IT IS THE TURN FOR SEID ALI

Comment

I see a lot of people here are upset that Taremi was the goal scorer.
                      One guy here actually wished he would get injured so wouldn't be able to play.

The true face of Iranian football fans.

Shireh meti Taremi.

the game was shit. glad we won.
                      everyone gets a 4 except Taremi and our LB. they were our best players.
                      Beiro better stop the fucking grass rolling.

Comment

Taremi was an absolute beast. He was all over the field and ran more than anybody. Had many combination plays and created a couple of chances for others. To top it off he scored a wonderful goal. On defense he really went above and beyond and this is why cq starts him game in and game out. He is a very well rounded player who has great technical and physical abilities. People see him attempt a couple of back heels and they are asking for the guy's head but forget that one of those back heels forced qatari goalie to make a save. Gucci is a great goal poacher and a very smart and opportunistic player who single-handedly took us to Brazil in 2014 but i really dont see him starting over Taremi or Azmoun.

Comment

Originally posted by tooleh khers View Post
                          Taremi was an absolute beast. He was all over the field and ran more than anybody. Had many combination plays and created a couple of chances for others. To top it off he scored a wonderful goal. On defense he really went above and beyond and this is why cq starts him game in and game out. He is a very well rounded player who has great technical and physical abilities. People see him attempt a couple of back heels and they are asking for the guy's head but forget that one of those back heels forced qatari goalie to make a save. Gucci is a great goal poacher and a very smart and opportunistic player who single-handedly took us to Brazil in 2014 but i really dont see him starting over Taremi or Azmoun.
                          I totally agree. But right now playing time should be distributed equally between all our strikers IMO to keep everyone motivated to become the 1st choice, we have the luxury to be able to rotate and have various options that bring different qualities.

Gucci definitely deserves to play with his brilliant club performances and the fact that he rarely disappointing in TM, and I'd argue that he has not been given the minutes that he deserved lately in recent games. I think it would be better if he started up top vs China

Comment

Its time to rename our boys the CHEETAHs !!! speedy kills are what we are know for! no more TM!!!

Comment

Cant believe the amount of Alireza Jahabakhsh haters wow. I thought he was doing great in this match. Really don't know what everyone is talking about.
                              "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Some nice gifs:

JB nutmegging French-Algerian naturalized Karim Boudiaf

Milad and Saeid bullying Sebastian Soria off the ball

Comment

Working...
                                X