No announcement yet.

Iran vs Qatar Player Ratings | Post Match Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

watched the entire game in peace now. These are my thoughts: Defensively we look as good as ever. Interesting mix of tactics by CQ today, defense squeezing up, movement of ansarifard from forward to wing to CAM. Also good to see real depth in the team with players who played no part in crucial wins over uzbek and korea looking good today. Offensively we were not in sync, which can be attributed to the offense players not playing together for a while, coming from a variety of different systems in their various club teams, and generally 4 players who have not all been on the pitch at the same together really ever.

Beiranvand - 7.5

Impressive performance. Very good on aerial balls, apart from one spill which he recollected right away crucially, he was faultless and assured. TBH, I think he will be our number one if (when) in Russia. Very confident and vocal as well, which are prerequisites.

Ghafouri - 6.5

Solid defensively. Not that much going forward, but that can again be attributed to being in and out of both club and country games because of injuries. Crucially, he proved that he is just as capable (if not more capable) as rezaian on the defensive end. We know he is fine going forward when in top form.

Montazeri - 7.5
    Very good. Didnt miss a beat and looked very in calm, in sync with rest of defense. I think the best CB options for WC are him and PAG. He brings the experience from the last world cup,asian cups but unlike hosseini will still be in form for WC. This way seyed jalal can be brought in later in games, or if injuries happen. From watching PP recently I think starting in russia in 2018 is a step too far for hosseini, but his experience in the squad will still be vital to any success.

PAG- 7.5
    Very solid. Seems to have ironed out any tendency for mistakes in his game, looks excellent with either hosseini or montazeri. Physically a real beast. I think that he is one who, if we get to WC, and have a good showing, will move to europe. He will be 25 then so still a decent age, and his contract with Al Sadd will be over.

Milad - 8

Excellent defensively, very good going forward, fighting spirit throughout, and kept his cool with a yellow for most of the game. Terek has improved him sooooo much and he is really a gem. This guy will move to a big european club in a big league very soon, but for now Grozny is a good place for him to continue developing. His speed is unreal as we all know. I love how serious he is, no messing around.

Hajsafi - 6
    Defensively good, you can tell he is a real leader ( we have many on this team). Just not his best day offensively, didnt dictate as much as he could/should have.

Ezatolahi - 6
    Same as hajsafi. Defensively good, many good tackles , interceptions, but again needs to be better in possession. Good news is, as he is a starter for anji, he has around 15-20 games to really get that match experience which is the most important thing at his age. Plus anzhi are not in danger of relegation so he can really just focus on development.

ARJ - 6.5
    Very hard worker on and off the ball. Dangerous as always, had some good moments and some wasteful ones. Just wish he would take control of situations more like we see him do in AZ, seems to be more stressed with TM.

Ansarifard - 7
    Played multiple positions today, some unfamiliar to him, but he was so hard working on and off the ball wherever he played. He is fast, strong , and confident. Him in form playing for Olympiacos, in high stress european matches is a real asset for TM, and has improved him tremendously. That assist was brilliant, and not a fluke, look at his assist for cambiasso in the first leg against besiktas.

Taremi - 6.5
    Ahhhh, mahdi taromi. what a strange case. I think most ppl here know how i feel about this guy. He just misses way to many chances, and has proven time and time again (literally every game) that he is not clinical at all. Azmoun has some off games, but this guy literally is the same every game in terms of conversion rate. But again, he scored, so respect where its due. He is a very dangerous player and gets himself in great positions. But he is often sloppy with his passing, and ofc is not reliable in front of goal. I think he is a great option off the bench. The reality is, in the wc, we will make 3-4 good chances a game, and he cant be relied upon if one of those comes to him. But he is very mercurial so off the bench he can cause anybody problems with his unpredictable style.

Azmoun - 4.5
    Bad. He seems to have gotten really cocky. Absolute monster in the air though. He better sort his shit out fast. He may be the most talented player here, best TM player currently based on club performances, but that doesnt matter now. Good news is, if he doesnt, we have gucci who is also bang in form, and with much less childishness than sardar.

Subs : Ebrahimi- 7 - good, kept the ball moving well
    Amiri- 7 - Dangerous with his pace
    Shojaei - N/A. Not on long enough to rate.

tabrik to everybody. Great eidi. One step closer to spending summer 2018 in russia

Comment

Was Taremi's goal offsides?

Comment

Originally posted by lakerfan23 View Post
        Was Taremi's goal offsides?
        no. He was on

Comment

Originally posted by Omid177 View Post
          The best thing is that 3 out of our 4 matches are at home. Now the party begins !!!
          Damn, can't get any sexier than that!!!!

Can we witness the sole stree-free WCQ ever in the history of our football?

Comment

I am the most impressed with Karim. He gave a world class ball to Taremi, who should have blasted it with his left, but took forever to switch to his right and then shot it with just enough time before the goalie and defender closed on him.

Karim has become an excellent player for us, and I am very happy CQ let him start.

I think the midfield will wreck China in the next game, and I expect Gucci to start over lazy ass Azmoun. If Gucci played in this game he would have scored twice and we would have won 2-0. I am certain CQ will go even more offensive against China. Rezaeian will start for the China game and I think Ebrahimi deserves to play next to Saeid, but I expect Hajsafi to have a better game. Its possible we see Shojaei also. So maybe something like this

----------------------Beiranvand--------------------------

--Rezaeian----PAG-------Montazeri-------Mohammadi--

--------------Saeid----------Hajsafi----------------------

--------Alireza--------Shojaei---------Ansarifard--------

------------------------Gucci------------------------------

Taremi was crap, except for the goal. So lets see Shojaei give Gucci 2-3 excellent passes for goals. :-)
            "I'm here to clean the carpets. Most of the world is carpeted. And, one day, we will do the cleaning."

Comment

I'm just hoping Taremi and Azmoun will be replaced for the next match. I really liked Mohammadi at left back, and Hajsafi did a great job going forward but unfortunately he never had someone in front of him to give the ball to, and his finishing wasn't the greatest.

Ansarifard, whom I didn't think of much until his performances lately, really impressed me. Hoping for him, Ghoochannejhad and Shojaei to start.

(also seeing Torabi would be nice)
              Ma Bishomarim

"!خدایا ایستاده مردن را نصبیم کن که از نشسته زیستن در زلت خسته ام"
              محمد مختاری -

"Lord, let me die standing, as I am tired of living in indignity and on my knees"
              - Mohammad Mokhtari

Comment

We need to take care of China in tehran this Tuesday. I would like to call this the "Super Tuesday"
                IRI = FAILED

Comment

Originally posted by Keano View Post
                  PP jaan, first off Qatar and no other team in the group is dead out just yet. They may still have a chance to go to playoffs as the 3rd. team of the group, slim chances, but still a chance is a chance and cannot be overlooked.
                  These same Uzbekistan and Korea you're boasting about, also desperately needed a win against Syria and China, however both lost in an upsetting fashion, respectively to those underdog teams!
                  So your statement of "Walk over the Qataris" is absolutely an overstatement and I for one believe you will be proven wrong, as these encounters will definitely not be a walk over event!
                  no away game in international football is ever a walk over event. Just ask Argentina who lost 6-0 away to Bolivia in the 2014 world cup qualifying campaign . Flying to a country and playing in a territory you're not used to is a stress on any player. Australia , Japan and south Korea have all slipped up far more times in this campaign then we have against arguably easier opponents than us. Yeah we drew against Turkmenistan but imagine walking in a stadium of one of the poorest countries in the world, in a wieird ass country and be expected to deliver 100 percent its just not going to happen , not for Sardar Azmoun, not for Lionel Messi not for anyone. I expect slip ups away from home in the future and i wont be angry if they happen as they happen to nearly every country in the world.
                  Please watch and Subscribe:

Comment

also Milad was for sure man of the match. Man that kid is a beast!

Comment

Man of the match was Beiranvand! No question!

Comment

We won and I guess that is what matters at the end of the day, but I have to say this was one heck of a boring and frustrating game to watch. Iran was nothing but zir e toop. Not even two or three god damn healthy passes to make you feel you are watching modern football. The ratings some of you gave our players were extremely generous and perhaps reflective of how many bezan ziresh they did... finishing was poor, midfield did not exist, defense was good but mindless, goalie was okay. Azmoun almost scored an own goal.

I want to see some real football on next Tuesday, and not this kind of b.s.

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamer View Post
                          I'm just hoping Taremi and Azmoun will be replaced for the next match. I really liked Mohammadi at left back, and Hajsafi did a great job going forward but unfortunately he never had someone in front of him to give the ball to, and his finishing wasn't the greatest.

Ansarifard, whom I didn't think of much until his performances lately, really impressed me. Hoping for him, Ghoochannejhad and Shojaei to start.

(also seeing Torabi would be nice)
                          Torabi got got he didn't make the final list. CQ probably didn't want to hurry him back
                          Team Meli Iran
                          Perspolis FC
                          Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Shojaei was wrecking China with dribbles and passes last time. He should start again. Gucci up top. Rezaian should play against China so we can get more crosses in. I think China's style of play suits us.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
                              game started quite cold and headless in terms of team movement with a lot of hoofing and lobbing and not a whole lot of sense.
                              quite abysmal and hopeless 1st half performance that I'd not like to see repeated in our future games.
                              By second half we got some shape and with Qatar weakening and tiring, we got the upper hand and off a brilliant pass by Ansarifard, TM's worst performing player, Taromi, deftly put the ball in the net. Yes, the same player who had a horrendous game so far and that continued right after his goal!
                              Talk about flash in the pan! Not that we're complaining, btw.
                              as game wore on we cemented our grasp on it. And with Qatar becoming restless and desperate, we found plenty of chances to get a second goal. And chances we got. However our lads either didnt care or lost focus or whatever, they just didnt put the game away no matter how many great chances they created! This much wastefulness is actually quite a concern and CQ will be looking too hard at it, I hope.
                              We should not let this many chances to go to waste.
                              At the same time Beiranvand made two top notch saves that saved our arses. Good job cementing his place
                              Motazeri and PAG were solid.
                              Same as Mohamadi.
                              Ghafouri showed a little bit of rust, but got going in the 2nd half
                              EZ was pretty good in both going up or back. Hajsafi as DM is still up for grabs though. Lots of energy and style, but not much defensive abilities.
                              the top 4 also became totally different players by 2nd half. .... well, 3 of the 4. Taromi, except his goal that proved to be a rare glitch, went back to miss-passing and losing balls and generally not being where he needs to be.
                              Azmoun wasnt setting the pitch on fire too.
                              But Karim looked like a transformed player. more composure and venom. great to see him become a more threatening player
                              If we get more serious with our chances, we should be able to qualify with a game or two in hand actually.
                              I was beginning to think that we were watching different games until I read your post.I agree with everything you said.
                              1) Beiranvand was amazing. One mishandle which he handked
                              2) PAJ, Pejman were solid.
                              3) MiMo was the best in our back line. He was solid defensively and hustled like no other.
                              4) I was surprised to see voria instead of ramin, but he did his job. He was shaky on some plays but overall did well especially considering he wasnt in our lineup for awhile.
                              5) ezatollahi was amazing
                              6) ehsan worked hard but not smart. He blew our easiest chance and should have taken a shot earlier as no one ran with him. Again worked hard but not smart. Very poor decision making
                              7) karim has come so far from his ballerina days. Very aggressive beautiful assist. I was very happy with him today. Motm in my opinion
                              8)azmoun was solid. He had a bunch of half chances no real chance to fault him for not scoring. He was excellent in the air. He did lose posession more often than usual. But cant give him a 4. I would give him a 7
                              9)taremis run, touch and finish were amazing. He isnt a winger so he is asked to play outside his comfort zone. He squandered several other chances which is his norm. Just like arash borhani he is an excellent golnazan. His goal got us 3pts so he gets a 7
                              10)soria should have gotten ejected twice in this game. I counted 4 yellows. What a dirty player. I hate this piece of trash.
                              11) jahanbakhsh worked really hard and had nice touches but lacked the final finishing touch. He wasnt 100% so he will be forgiven. Hope his injury isn't serious as he was recovering from an injury to begin with.
                              12)If I could I would say cq was the motm. Without support, camps or friendlies, and lots of asswipes like brangoh and ghalegohi constantly causing drama, cq managed to transition our young players in, make our team independent of starting 11( we have so much depth now) and he did it without letting in a single goal and being undefeated the entire 2016/1395 year in official matches.
                              Last all subs were good and did their job.
                              Well done boys. Time to beat a tired china traveling to Azadi after beating the Koreans.

Comment

Originally posted by Soosk View Post
                                Taremi - First half --> 0

Taremi - Second half --> OVER 9000
                                i disagree! in second half beside the goal he missed some sitters which he sould have scored, he is poor, really poor, i will be honest

Comment

Working...
                                X