Iran vs Qatar Player Ratings | Post Match Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by euphory View Post
    i dont know why noone saw the big difference in the flow of the game when ebrahimi came on... ebrahimi is a good play maker and the game went so much more smooth from the midfield. hajsafi doesn't know what to do in some situations like the one we saw.
    I definitely noticed the game got much smoother once Ebrahimi came in. I'd like to see him start next week against Korea.
    sigpic ABIETEH

Comment

Originally posted by Esteghlali4life View Post
      I definitely noticed the game got much smoother once Ebrahimi came in. I'd like to see him start next week against Korea.
      China.

We're probably going to see a different lineup. Rezaian, Gucci, Ebrahimi, Shojaei they have fresh legs against a Chinese side that played 100% for 90+ minutes and are taking a flight from China to Iran.

Comment

Originally posted by euphory View Post
        i dont know why noone saw the big difference in the flow of the game when ebrahimi came on... ebrahimi is a good play maker and the game went so much more smooth from the midfield. hajsafi doesn't know what to do in some situations like the one we saw.
        Ebrahimi is definitely a talented and great player. Not to take merits away from him, but the aged and old Qatar team also ran out of gas and deteriorated with elapsed time. You could clearly see players like Sooria, Tabata etc. running short on breath.

ARJ is a super fast player, and will definitely come handy against the Far East Asian teams.

Comment

Last time we play Qatar for a long time ...

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
            I was thinking the same thing earlier
            Team Meli Iran
            Perspolis FC
            Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by eerooni View Post
              Azmoun looks un interested in the game. and yes he does play 'LAZY' football, much like Soria who is an opportunist, I dont like that, he doesn't show a fighting spirit that other team members show.. this worries me and it was good he was subbed, Im sure CQ will have a long talk with him...GUCCI should have started....
              What also agrivates me about him is that he did so much talking after the game vs Qatar and he couldn't do squat against them in either fixture. If you watch his games during the AC and compare them to this round you will see such a huge difference. Makes me just wonder exactly how much the attention from the media he has gotten all went to his head.
              Team Meli Iran
              Perspolis FC
              Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by IranFan View Post
                Beiranvad - 8 Solid
                Ghafouri - 9 amazing speed and ball winning, great going foward
                Montazeri - 8.5 solid and very smart, love how he plays out of the back instead of just launching the ball like seyed jalal
                Pouraliganji - 8.5 great game, no mistakes
                Mohammadi - 9 won nearly every ball and very impressive speed in defense and going forward
                Hajsafi - 6 solid defensively, poor in the attack
                Ezzatollahi - 6 same as hajsafi
                Jahanbakhsh - 6 good in bursts, very wasteful shots and bad decision making in final third. Not a center midfield and Ebrahimi could have played much better in that position
                Taremi - 1 Worst player I have ever seen for Iran, I dont care if he scored a goal, gucci would have finished 4 of those chances...so wasteful and just generally lost
                Ansarifard - 5 Not great, horrible..very nice assist
                Azmoun - 2 absolutely terrible...gotten over confident and arrogant
                ------------------------------------------------
                Amiri - 6 not bad or good, also wasteful attaching
                Ebrahimi - 7.5 very good when he came on, should start in my opinion instead of bringing wingers like AJ and putting them in the middle
                Shojaei - 6 not enough action to really tell.

you are right on point my friend. Taremi is horrible. I am sorry but he reminds me of bohrani. He makes 2030393 mistakes and then one good goal. I better see Gucci starting! I think Carlos wanted a more physical big body upfront but against china Gucci should do.

Comment

Overall:
                  - Can't complain we won a crucial game, away from home.
                  - Positive was that once again the opposing team was barely able to generate chances against us
                  - We focused a lot on speed, drawing fouls, long range shots, quick passes
                  - Tried out a new formation, the formation has potential, but a few players didn't perform well in their position
                  - Negative I would say are the wasted chances at the end

Players:
                  - Beiranvand 8.5 : Really great exits and saves, had one blunder that he recovered. Also created an excellent opportunity with his long throw
                  - Ghafouri 7: He was fine, he was better on defense than going forward. A few give aways, got better in the second half
                  - Montazeri 7.5: Solid
                  - Pouraliganji 7.5 Played well, nice clearances
                  - Mohammadi 9: Wow what a performance! his playing in Russia has really developed him physically and in terms of tackles. He really impressed me, and he did not tire!
                  - Ezatolahi 7.5: Good job on tackles, and fighting in the middle of the field, he needs to work on his passing though
                  - Hajsafi 7: Lots of hustle, but needs to work on his finishing. Also didn't really see any crosses with him
                  - Jahanbakhsh 7: He has potential in this position, but he does not have the strength to compete with more physical teams in the center. Nice passes, poor finishing.
                  - Ansarifard 7.5: I think he was better than Taremi on the wing, had a nice shot, and an amazing assist. i think he has potential in this formation.
                  - Azmoun 6.5: Not much hustle up front, had a few good chances, but very low energy play
                  - Taremi 7.5: His goal speaks for itself, other than that he was poor. Hard to rate.

Subs:
                  - Shojaei N/A: Not on long enough
                  - Amiri N/A: He brought a lot of speed to the game when he came on. Not on enough to rate though.
                  - Ebrahimi N/A: Same thing, but he won some nice tackles and brought good stability to the middle of the field when he came on. I felt his presence.

Conclusion:
                  - Great job, what a day to win, with the underdogs in the group winning their games too. Now we have to focus on China, and with a win we will be in a great place. We also have a great bench, Rezaiean, Shojaei, Hosseini, Reza, didn't play much, or at all today, who can be of use against China.
                  --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                  --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                  ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                  --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                  ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Originally posted by PayamPersia View Post
                    Sure and hand it to a very poor Qatari side. I am sure that Korea and Uzbeks will walk over them
                    specially know when they are for sure out. (They need more than a miracle to qualify)

Let us see how we peform against China.
                    PP jaan, first off Qatar and no other team in the group is dead out just yet. They may still have a chance to go to playoffs as the 3rd. team of the group, slim chances, but still a chance is a chance and cannot be overlooked.

These same Uzbekistan and Korea you're boasting about, also desperately needed a win against Syria and China, however both lost in an upsetting fashion, respectively to those underdog teams!

So your statement of "Walk over the Qataris" is absolutely an overstatement and I for one believe you will be proven wrong, as these encounters will definitely not be a walk over event!

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
                      Bet you anything, soon we will play them in our ACQ group stage yet again!

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                        What also agrivates me about him is that he did so much talking after the game vs Qatar and he couldn't do squat against them in either fixture. If you watch his games during the AC and compare them to this round you will see such a huge difference. Makes me just wonder exactly how much the attention from the media he has gotten all went to his head.
                        or that the guy is burnt out , he's played around 12 extra games this season due to the cl and Europa league. Also for him it might be a sense of the previous success getting to him.... I mean just a few days ago he was playing against one of the biggest football teams in the world now he's roughing it up away in Qatar trying to play against an Arab team that puts 11 men behind the ball. If you watch Son Heung Min easily Asia's best player he has been poor for most of the world cup qualifiers. He's gone from playing with deli Ali and Harry Kane to rolling in the mud against a desperate Syria side. Players get affected by this sudden decrease in service and quality and their performances usually suffer as a result. Gabon's best striker Abumuyang (spelling) has also played very poorly for Gabon, he goes from having the service of some of the world's most promising players to playing against a Zimbabwe side that put 11 men behind the ball it's a different type of football.
                        Please watch and Subscribe:

Comment

I know it is a big 'if.' But IF on Tuesday we win against China, Korea ties Syria, and Uzbik ties Qatar, we will be officially the first team that qualifies for the WC 2018.

Comment

Almost %98 of the people here agree that Azmoun was our worst player today.

I believe Goochi will replace him for the China match

Comment

If Iran beats China on Tuseday and Uzbekistan on June the 12 th ,then we certainly have qualified for the WC and our last 2 games will be Tashrifati

Comment

The best thing is that 3 out of our 4 matches are at home. Now the party begins !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X