No announcement yet.

Iran vs Qatar Player Ratings | Post Match Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's appreciate something that CQ has done here... which I notice goes unnoticed or unappreciated.

We can basically switch around 4-5 players for the match vs China in 4 days, and nobody can really say which lineup is better than the other. Goes to show what a solid squad the man has built.

Comment

Originally posted by Z Joon View Post
      Karim got to play against all those teams and against similar level teams for much longer as well (since 2009). I am just curious to observe the Taremi hate that's all
      Another stat: CQ started Taremi 7 times out of the last 10 TM games. Seems like he trusts him and likes what he sees? Just an assumption.
      More TM games, more confidence building for Taremi. As for The King I would be proud for him to receive an honorary citizenship and call him hamvatan!
      A*T*T*I*T*U*D*E is EVRYTHING
      http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...-her-swim.html
      or Search Nadya Vessey

Comment

Beiranvad - 8 Solid
        Ghafouri - 9 amazing speed and ball winning, great going foward
        Montazeri - 8.5 solid and very smart, love how he plays out of the back instead of just launching the ball like seyed jalal
        Pouraliganji - 8.5 great game, no mistakes
        Mohammadi - 9 won nearly every ball and very impressive speed in defense and going forward
        Hajsafi - 6 solid defensively, poor in the attack
        Ezzatollahi - 6 same as hajsafi
        Jahanbakhsh - 6 good in bursts, very wasteful shots and bad decision making in final third. Not a center midfield and Ebrahimi could have played much better in that position
        Taremi - 1 Worst player I have ever seen for Iran, I dont care if he scored a goal, gucci would have finished 4 of those chances...so wasteful and just generally lost
        Ansarifard - 5 Not great, horrible..very nice assist
        Azmoun - 2 absolutely terrible...gotten over confident and arrogant
        ------------------------------------------------
        Amiri - 6 not bad or good, also wasteful attaching
        Ebrahimi - 7.5 very good when he came on, should start in my opinion instead of bringing wingers like AJ and putting them in the middle
        Shojaei - 6 not enough action to really tell.

Comment

Originally posted by Z Joon View Post
          That was Taremi's 8th goal in 17 games. He basically scores every 2 TM games, Ansarifard is on 14 goals in 55

what decent opponent has he scored on? Papua new guinea was two of them..he is complete garbage

Comment

I do not want to comment/rate everybody. but in general:

positive:

Ansarifard, great pass.
            Taremi, good at ball controlling, good second half and good goal.
            Mohammadi, fighting spirit, good display. good working. good game.
            Jahanbakhsh nearly the same as Mohammadi.
            Ezatolahi, Ghafouri, also Beiranvand with also acceptable/good game.

Negative:

Azmoun, sometimes he dribble or lose ball sooooooo easily, like a boy is playing football against some man. I was not impressed today.
            Hajsafi, is too slow, sometimes in good position, tactically in good advantage, but speed and shooting is very poor. but he has this problems for years.

Also negative is the ball possession. I mean, we were the better team, but we had not more ball possession, also in second half with counter attack or just holding the ball was not that good. If we have/control the ball, so the opponent can not score. And i miss this a little bit.
            World Cup 2006, Frankfurt, Iran vs. Portugal, Iranian Frontpage of GOAL Sportspaper
            sigpic

And on the 8.Day God created Ali Karimi, and he saw he was good!
            If Defenders were allowed to use their hands to stop Karimi
            -

Comment

Comment

One of the main reasons that TM is going to comfortably qualify is because of the luxury of being able to field an almost completely different team or tactic and still win. Queiroz will probably play a significantly different team against China, just like in the Uzbeksitan and Korea games, who are still able to play as well. The oldies can complain about the legionnaires every week but this is one of the best overall TM's if not the best. We never had so much depth and organization.

Comment

Azmoun looks un interested in the game. and yes he does play 'LAZY' football, much like Soria who is an opportunist, I dont like that, he doesn't show a fighting spirit that other team members show.. this worries me and it was good he was subbed, Im sure CQ will have a long talk with him...GUCCI should have started....

Comment

Lol @ Fossati's response
                    "Hollywood needs an actor like Queiroz."

http://cup.ir/sport/iranianfootball/...1%D8%AF/188471

Comment

Originally posted by Ando Teymourian View Post
                      Let's appreciate something that CQ has done here... which I notice goes unnoticed or unappreciated.

We can basically switch around 4-5 players for the match vs China in 4 days, and nobody can really say which lineup is better than the other. Goes to show what a solid squad the man has built.
                      The beauty of CQs amazing influence is the work we dont see rather than the work we do!!...

Comment

Irans frontline is horrible.All the strikers played like crap, this game should of finished 3-0 ATLEAST if not more then that.Its beyond me how you can not score on a 4 vs 2 break.The play between mid-field and the forward line was awful to watch. To many players trying to dribble their way in.We won but it was pretty disappointing score line.

Comment

Beiranvand-7 Did very well to clear balls in the box and to bring the ball down in his arms except once. His time wasting was smarter rather than cheap and he probably ate up 5 minutes of the clock.

Ghafouri- 7.5 Got dribbled a few times. Positioning was good. Stay home RB worked for this game. He would have struggled with AbdelKarim Hassan in though.

PAG/Montazeri-7 Good enough. Soria is tricky as well as Qatar's african wingers. They did well to block shots

Mohammadi-9 Iranian DeAndre Yedlin- fierce. Every time they tried to hit it past and leg race he won. Gets forward to spread them wide. Gets back and defends.

Hajsafi-6.5 poor passing/finishing is unlike him. Did well a few times to get the ball in the midfield from Tabata.

Ezzatollahi- 7 Did what a destroyer should do. Passing was kind of weak.

Ansarifard-8. Great assist. Good hustle.

Taremi-7. Played poorly but scored. Good trap and finish.

JB-7.5 Passing was great. Crosses/corners need a little work.

Azmoun- 4 Bad. His holdup play is much better but he needs to press them more and force mistakes.

Subs: Masoud(6), Amiri(7), Ebrahimi(6)

So thankful we don't have to ever play Soria/Tabata again. Or Qatar for another few years. They can be someone elses problem.

Win vs China, tie Uzbek, beat Syria and take first place baby.

Comment

Post game celebrations: http://cup.ir/Content/Upload/Images/...6e21e80e27.mp4

Comment

i dont know why noone saw the big difference in the flow of the game when ebrahimi came on... ebrahimi is a good play maker and the game went so much more smooth from the midfield. hajsafi doesn't know what to do in some situations like the one we saw.

Comment

Other than his goal, Taremi was the worst player on the pitch imo. He has the most turnover I believe. would have much preferred JB in his position and Masoud in the center. JB and M.M were best players for me

Comment

Working...
                                X