No announcement yet.

Iran vs Qatar Player Ratings | Post Match Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulations to all of the other PFDC residents...even the ones I get in arguments with. Not to jinx it, knock on wood, it's a great feeling to be on top of the group with a good buffer. I don't recall the last time TM was in that situation during WCQ. Time to bust out the alcohol.

Comment

Beiranvand - 7.5 Almost gave up a PK and almost a costly spill, but solid overall besides that.
      Ghafouri - 6.5 outa sync and generally terrible early in 1st half, got much better defensively as game wore on, still offered very little attacking and got beat way too many times by the winger for a better rating.
      Montazeri - 7.5 woulda preferred Hossaini in his place, got beat a few times missed few dangerous heading clearances.
      Pouraliganji - 8.5 supported Mimo well and answered almost any challenge thrown at him and was very involved and solid defensively all game long.
      Mohammadi - 8.5 Excellent defensively, No one could get by him almost the whole damn game..! still needs more poise in possession of the ball and smarter and less hurried in transition play passing. lol @ gutteris trying to speed move by him , Failed every time..!
      Hajsafi - 6.5 meh ok , definitely not a Captain worthy performance, not nearly as involved or presenting enough quality in possession as he should be by now..! add a point if he was the guy who sent that delightful service for our goal..!!?
      Ezatollahi - 7 Did allright in a more defensive position than he is used to, in front of our back 4. wasnt as effective in transitioning our D to Mid as Neku. you could tell he'd be more comfortable in a more advanced mf role.
      Jahanbakhsh - 8 excellent and lively performance from him, ran himself ragged till his injury? subbing.
      Taremi - 8 by virtue of his well executed goal and above average defensive hustle. still way too sloppy and wasteful in Final 3rd, but to be fair, finishings and final touches tend to suffer greatly when offensive players are asked to press so hard defensively and track back so far and all so often....! its freaking Tiring as fk and and tired legs= inaccurate last touches and finishings. ..!
      Ansarifard - 7 stayed somewhat involved and hustled enough on the wing, still lacking a bit of class and quality in final 3rd but makes up some of it with hustle. add a point if he assisted the goal.?
      Azmoun - 6 not as lethargic and lifeless as MU Game but still he didnt get stuck-in again and was in general outa sync and very wasteful in chances offered to him. he still had a couple of quality efforts that didnt go in but need to be benched in favor of reza for next game.

Amiri - 7 Good hustle n energy again but lacking class in possession. good sub.
      Ebrahimi - 7 did well enough , sensible sub again.
      Shojaei - 7 did well enough, good sub.

CQ 10 MOTM...!! He really did wonders with his squad in very limited time afforded to him and all the hashieh created by our media and by the usual jealousAss loosers and ozgals who tried mightly this time around to undermine his continued success..!

Comment

Originally posted by Z Joon View Post
        Karim got to play against all those teams and against similar level teams for much longer as well (since 2009). I am just curious to observe the Taremi hate that's all

Another stat: CQ started Taremi 7 times out of the last 10 TM games. Seems like he trusts him and likes what he sees? Just an assumption.
        Yes, the same could be said for Ansarifard, my point was just that Taremi's goal ratio isn't very representative of his overall performance for TM either

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
          Because Taremi actually deserves the hate he receives lol. He scored today, but other than that was very ineffective. Karim on the other hand is playing for a champions league/europa league team in Olympiakos and has been doing well. Back when Karim was playing like shit in the pre CQ era we all gave him shit too!

Once Taremi joins a decent team and actually starts playing decent for TM, i'll start praising him more. Gotta admit though nice goal by Taremi!
          Wrong way to see things, but this is probably exactly why he gets most of the hate Here we analyse players according to their TM performances, not really the club where they play. Playing for a nice club is all good, but in the end the performance with the TM shirt is what matters.

CQ started him 7 times out of the last 10 TM games, so maybe PFDC fans are seeing things that the ex-Real Madrid coach perhaps can't?

Comment

Originally posted by Malavani View Post
            Don't want to be that guy but the other 7 goals were scored vs Guam, India, Kirghizstan and Papua new Guinea. Nice finish tho , we won thanks to him today
            Not only that but Karim has made well over half of his TM caps a sub where as Taremi has started in probably a little over half. The TM's that Karim has played on was also far different than Taremi and started at a much younger age. Circumstances are completely different between the two players
            Team Meli Iran
            Perspolis FC
            Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

If Taremi hadn't scored that goal I would have given him a 3. Too many misses and sloppy passes.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by kia View Post
                  If Taremi hadn't scored that goal I would have given him a 3. Too many misses and sloppy passes.
                  I thought he had a pretty good second half even without considering the goal he scored

Comment

Say, what was the reason behind Bieranvand's yellow card toward the end of the game?

Comment

Originally posted by Z Joon View Post
                      Wrong way to see things, but this is probably exactly why he gets most of the hate Here we analyse players according to their TM performances, not really the club where they play. Playing for a nice club is all good, but in the end the performance with the TM shirt is what matters.

CQ started him 7 times out of the last 10 TM games, so maybe PFDC fans are seeing things that the ex-Real Madrid coach perhaps can't?
                      I think you mean there is something the ex-Real coach CAN see that we can't

Comment

Originally posted by pres80 View Post
                        I think you mean there is something the ex-Real coach CAN see that we can't
                        I meant that PFDC fans are constantly seeing negative points about Taremi that CQ can't see, so no. But yours work too

Comment

Originally posted by mahestan View Post
                          Say, what was the reason behind Bieranvand's yellow card toward the end of the game?
                          Time wasting, because at every goal kick he spoke to his defenders for too long before taking his goal kick. A taste of the Qataris own medicine

Comment

Congrats all around. The results of the other games could not have been better.

I am continued to be impressed with the discipline TM is displaying. Solid defense, opportunistic offense, everyone seems to know what they need to do. Yes, could have scored more goals, particularly at the end when Qatar had given up. But by controlling the ball, they took precious minutes off the clock.

The CQ plan overall all was very effective, Qatar was in a hurry to score in the first half and they were running themselves ragged. Second half, they were obviously out of gas. It is also good to see that the TM is now a 90 minute TM, not a 60 minute one.

You have to hand it to CQ. His influence, passion, and of course results are unprecedented. With a couple of favorable results in other games, TM may qualify with 2 games to spare.

For me, Ezzi is developing into a beast. I wish he was deployed more offensively, but even in this game, he enforced his presence and won most of his duels, many times comfortably. His physical dominance over opponents is nice to watch.

Bonus: Ghatar has only 4 points after 6 games. Though they still have a mathematical chance, I do not see them even making the playoffs.
                            Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

Beiranvand 7- Solid but he had that one bad spill. Did well coming out of his net.
                              Ghafouri 6- He was ok. He was getting torched in the first half defensively
                              PAG 7
                              Montazari 8
                              M.Mohammadi 7.5- Very solid
                              Ezatollahi 6.5
                              Hajsafi 7.5 I thought he played well. Hajsafi is all over the field whenever he plays, which is one thing I love about him, should have scored though.
                              Jahanbakhsh 8.5 - He was great today IMO. He created a lot of chances for us today, and he was the only one who's game really stood out in our attack.
                              Taremi 5 - Other then the goal he fucked up so many chances for us today by giving the ball back to Qatar or missing himself but glad he scored
                              Ansarifard 7- Solid throughout the match.
                              Azmoun 6.5- He wasn't sharp today. Didn't like his performance.
                              Shojaei 6.5- Did ok while in he was in there
                              Amiri 7.5- Great sub, His pace created alot of counters for us after he came on and he played well
                              O.Ebrahimi 6

Big 3 points today. Overall we looked more disorganized as a team then usual defensively but we still managed to keep a clean sheet. We gave Qatar too much space at times in the game but they couldn't hurt us. They are really shit. We missed alot of chances and should have buried Qatar in 2nd half by 3 goals, I guess our lineup change could be one reason for that.

Comment

you have to hand it to CQ. His influence, passion, and of course results are unprecedented. With a couple of favorable results in other games, TM may qualify with 2 games to spare.
                                Sure and hand it to a very poor Qatari side. I am sure that Korea and Uzbeks will walk over them
                                specially know when they are for sure out. (They need more than a miracle to qualify)

Let us see how we peform against China.

Comment

Working...
                                X