No announcement yet.

Iran vs Qatar Player Ratings | Post Match Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

game started quite cold and headless in terms of team movement with a lot of hoofing and lobbing and not a whole lot of sense.
    quite abysmal and hopeless 1st half performance that I'd not like to see repeated in our future games.

By second half we got some shape and with Qatar weakening and tiring, we got the upper hand and off a brilliant pass by Ansarifard, TM's worst performing player, Taromi, deftly put the ball in the net. Yes, the same player who had a horrendous game so far and that continued right after his goal!
    Talk about flash in the pan! Not that we're complaining, btw.

as game wore on we cemented our grasp on it. And with Qatar becoming restless and desperate, we found plenty of chances to get a second goal. And chances we got. However our lads either didnt care or lost focus or whatever, they just didnt put the game away no matter how many great chances they created! This much wastefulness is actually quite a concern and CQ will be looking too hard at it, I hope.

We should not let this many chances to go to waste.

At the same time Beiranvand made two top notch saves that saved our arses. Good job cementing his place
    Motazeri and PAG were solid.
    Same as Mohamadi.
    Ghafouri showed a little bit of rust, but got going in the 2nd half

EZ was pretty good in both going up or back. Hajsafi as DM is still up for grabs though. Lots of energy and style, but not much defensive abilities.

the top 4 also became totally different players by 2nd half. .... well, 3 of the 4. Taromi, except his goal that proved to be a rare glitch, went back to miss-passing and losing balls and generally not being where he needs to be.
    Azmoun wasnt setting the pitch on fire too.
    But Karim looked like a transformed player. more composure and venom. great to see him become a more threatening player

If we get more serious with our chances, we should be able to qualify with a game or two in hand actually.

Comment

Originally posted by Parham10 View Post
      agree with all except ghafouri. he hustled hard which i will always give credit for but his marking was disgusting.

His marking was only bad for like 10 minutes In the first half

In the second half he was first to Every ball.
      He made so many interceptions and stops in the second half.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

Beiranvand- 8

Beiranvand? More like Damavand. This guy was wet all game! Great game by a guy I thought wasn't match ready yet.

Ghafouri- 7

Good hustling and solid defense after a slow start. Got tossed around by Affif but didn't lose composure and shut him down the rest of the game.

PAG- 7.5
        Montazari- 7.5

Both CB were solid, not much I can say either than that.

Milad Mohammadi- 8.5 (MOTM)

I am shocked no one is giving Milad Mo the credit he deserves. By FAR the best player today. His pace+defending+attacking was pure beauty

Ezzatolahi- 7

Hajsafi- 7.5

Good game by Ehsan. I like his new spot in the middle with him sometimes shifting to the wings.

Taremi- 6.5

Scored the goal but other than that was complete shit. Sorry, not sorry.

Jahanbakhsh- 6.5

Wasn't the usual ARJ we normally witness but also not one of his worst games either. He needs to be more productive on offense and involve his teammates more.

Karim- 6.5

Karim could've been better today.. Wasn't as hungry as he usually is in his league games

Azmoun- 6

Not a good game by Sardar. Lethargic and not hungry enough to threat and attack.

SUBS=

Amiri- 7
        Ebrahimi- 7.5
        Shojaei- 6.5

Comment

Comment

Lots of takeaways from this but the biggest for me - we need to work on our finishing.....

The good:

- we responded well in the second half to a pretty dull first half from our team. Lots of better chances were created and we hustled pretty hard.
            - the full backs in particular were great (Milad Mo and Ghafouri). They didn't give the Qatari wingers much space or time on the ball (except for once when I think that afif dude was weaving through our D) and ran non stop. I expected that but still deserving of credit.
            - Karim and JB showed they can play outside their natural positions very well....karim was more on the wing and JB was more in the center and I think they both did great at starting counters in the first half and helping out on D. Much respect to them.
            - Hajsafi is a real captain and deserving of having it permanently IMO. He looked like a leader out there directing everyone and shows consistency in every game he plays.
            - Amiri gave us a real nice spark

Not so good:

- finishing was as bad as I have ever seen. We had a 3 or 4 on 2 and couldn't finish it.
            - azmoun. Period. Idk what to say about his TM performances this round. If we want to hold him to the standard of being a top 2-3 player in the continent then we have every reason to acknowledge that he is indeed not living up to that this round of WCQs. He missed a 1v1, ruined 1-2 very good counters (one of which was that 3 on 2), and doesn't hustle as much as his wingers do it's almost as if he couldn't keep up with them. His first touch has been poor too. He hasn't looked like even a top 20 player in Asia let alone a top 2-3.
            - there was more holes in the center of our midfield and D then there usually is. Soria had some decent chances I can't help but feel that if this was against SK or UZB it would have ended 1-1 with the space tabata and soria were given. Not saying PAG, montazeri, and ezi had bad games but they were definitely not sticking to the opposition like they were in previous matches.

Most important thing is that we came away with the needed 3 points so we should all be happy about that - we just need to get a win vs China on Tuesday and we got one foot in the door. Dame bacheha garm
            Team Meli Iran
            Perspolis FC
            Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Congrats to all Irunis for these sweet victory!
              Some observations: There are two good things to say about TM today: 1. The Result and 2. Karims Genuis Pass.
              But if we put these two away i would sum up the game by saying that this was our poorest attacking game
              against the weakest Team in our group!
              It is just horrible how Taremi, Azmoun, Ansarifard and Jahanbaksh missed so many chances, playing passes to nowhere,
              lacking precision, playing the counter attacks without this killer instinct...
              The two most important words are PRECISION and KILLER Instinct! The No. Asian Team HAVE
              to punish these childish mistakes by the Qataris and secure the Game!
              Hopefully CQ show these dudes how many Chances they waisted and how many wrong decsions
              where made in crucial situation that could bring us good scoring chances!
              Thank God our opponent was even worst and didnt create enough pressure.
              Our defense was OK i would say! There is a lot to improve specially if we want to achieve something
              unique in Russia!
              The bad thing would be know to think that we are super strong because of statistics and
              our current position in our Table!
              The best way to improve is selfhonesty and this is something which is super difficult to get when youre
              true performance get corrupted by the results.
              Still i am very happy that we won and hope for improvement and a full Azadi against China!
              Last note to Qatar. I have the feeling that Qatar is going to be the "bit.." of the groupt open
              their a.. know for everyone.
              So i expecting the Koreans and Uzbeks to get the 3 Points against them without any big problem.
              Just think of Qatar in the WCQ 2014 where they lost with an unbelievable margin against uzbeks in there last game!

Comment

Originally posted by Shayan_91 View Post
                + Hajsafi: it was his first game as a captain today.
                No, it wasn't! He's been captain in many games before.

Comment

That was Taremi's 8th goal in 17 games. He basically scores every 2 TM games, Ansarifard is on 14 goals in 55

Comment

Beiranvand. Solid as a rock, saved our defenders when they were caught by the long ball multiple times and did well stand up to the 1v1s [7.5]

Ghafouri. Wasn't really effective going forward or as a defender. Most of the Qatari traffic was going down his side. Looked really poor at times in the first half especially. [5]

Pouraliganji. On the ball looked good and was strong in the air but at times really not in tandem with everything. Slipped a few times as well and had to pray to God in the penalty box when the few loose balls snuck past him and were collected by his GK. [6]

Montazeri. More solid and composed than [ganji. 6.5]

Milad. Worked tirelessly. Handled everything that went down his wing and helped immensely to support attacking moves. He's the smallest of the back 4 but he always put his body in between the attacker and the ball. Really impressive. [7.5]

Ezatolahi. Not as composed as we're used to seeing him on the ball. Got kicked a lot but remained sturdy. His passing, like many Iranians today, was not a joy to behold. [6.5]

Taremi. Poorest passer of the ball in both halves and really struggled to build up play with the team. He looked much more dangerous when he wandered into the more central areas of the attack and it was from there he made his run behind the Qatari defense and scored his goal. After that looked much more confident, it has to be said. [7]

Jahanbakhsh was Iran's most incisive player with his passing. He created plenty of chances in the final 3rd that the others couldn't finish. Came off injured in the second half but it doesn't look too bad. [8]

Hajsafi. Not effective at all in the final 3rd with his running, dribbling, or decisions. Much more a #8 than a #10. His best attacking moment came in the 1st half when he timed his run perfectly to latch onto a Jahanbaksh pass. He delayed and delayed waiting for
                    Azmoun who was (wrongly) looking for a cut back instead of running into the box and ultimately had to settle for a corner. He was absolutely livid. Otherwise he stood up to the Qatari waves and was a bit better with his retention in the midfield than Eza though. [6.5]

Ansarifard. Not a LW but he tried hard for the team. Had some good battles and complimented Milad well with his physicality on the side. I believe he assisted Taremi for his goal too. Got hooked in the second half but didn't do much wrong today. [7]

Azmoun. Battled hard in the air and latched onto some half-chanced impressively well but when it came to his proper chances he couldn't put them away. His decision-making and off the ball runs show that he's still a young player who needs polishing despite his skill and promising talent. Got subbed in the second half but you can't help but feel with him that he could score despite being tired or play poorly, he's just one of those players. [6]

Amiri, Ebrahimi, Masoud. Didn't really effect the game beyond slotting in but didn't mess up movements or the defensive structure either. N/A

Comment

Originally posted by Z Joon View Post
                      That was Taremi's 8th goal in 17 games. He basically scores every 2 TM games, Ansarifard is on 14 goals in 55

You're not actually implying that Taremi is more effective than karim are you?
                      Team Meli Iran
                      Perspolis FC
                      Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                        You're not actually implying that Taremi is more effective than karim are you?
                        Im not implying anything and just stating stats They both play in the same position (although Taremi plays much more on the wings in TM) so it is quite interesting to compare their goal ratios.

Comment

Don't want to be that guy but the other 7 goals were scored vs Guam, India, Kirghizstan and Papua new Guinea. Nice finish tho , we won thanks to him today

Comment

Originally posted by Malavani View Post
                            Don't want to be that guy but the other 7 goals were scored vs Guam, India, Kirghizstan and Papua new Guinea
                            Karim got to play against all those teams and against similar level teams for much longer as well (since 2009). I am just curious to observe the Taremi hate that's all

Another stat: CQ started Taremi 7 times out of the last 10 TM games. Seems like he trusts him and likes what he sees? Just an assumption.

Comment

Btw. apparently Fossati insulted CQ and his family on Spanish, that's the reason for CQ's statements at the post game press conference.

Comment

Karim got to play against all those teams and against similar level teams for much longer as well (since 2009). I am just curious to observe the Taremi hate that's all
                                Because Taremi actually deserves the hate he receives lol. He scored today, but other than that was very ineffective. Karim on the other hand is playing for a champions league/europa league team in Olympiakos and has been doing well. Back when Karim was playing like shit in the pre CQ era we all gave him shit too!

Once Taremi joins a decent team and actually starts playing decent for TM, i'll start praising him more. Gotta admit though nice goal by Taremi!

Comment

Working...
                                X