Clear All

He's playing right now. His team is 1-0 down after conceding a penalty :/

Comment

2-0...

Comment

Kalmar 2:0 Eskilstuna Goals:

https://www.fotbollskanalen.se/allsv...or-kff-i-host/
        https://www.ekuriren.se/sport/stor-b...atch-hittills/
        Last edited by aenima_8; 07-23-2017, 08:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kian B. View Post
          He's playing right now. His team is 1-0 down after conceding a penalty :/
          Has he ever caught a penalty in his senior career? After the AFC 2015 debacle against Iraq, one would hope he would put a lot of effort in improving his penalty stopping skills.

Comment

Originally posted by mahestan View Post
            Has he ever caught a penalty in his senior career? After the AFC 2015 debacle against Iraq, one would hope he would put a lot of effort in improving his penalty stopping skills.
            He became famous, believe it or not, for stopping penalties.
            I think in his debut he saved one of Daei's PKs.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
              He became famous, believe it or not, for stopping penalties.
              I think in his debut he saved one of Daei's PKs.
              I did not know that. I didn't know much about him until WC 2014 preparations were underway. I know it's just one occasion, but I was very disappointed that he did not stop, or at least get his hands on, any of the PKs taken by the Iraqi team in AFC 2015.

Comment

His team is 1-0 behind again :/

Comment

OK real talk. Our legionnaires really need to get their shit together. World Cup is coming up and they are already slacking.

Comment

2-0 now.....

Comment

Originally posted by Kian B. View Post
                      2-0 now.....
                      This is expected guys. Haghighi isn't a bad goalkeeper. Despite me being able to copy some members and say "I hope this guy NEVER touches a Team Melli kit again, blah blah" I try to be a bit more rational than that.

Haghighi is on a bad team with soorakh defense. He will be made to look bad, as the goalie is the last line of defense. With the iron curtain that is Iran's defense, most of our TM goalies will look good.

You can take to the bank that both Haghighi and Davari are currently strong enough to stand in Iran's goal against Asian competition. You know why? Because we concede 0 or 1 shots on target every game!! When we do finally get a decent shot on target, like Jovetic's strike in the friendly, we concede.

People pretending that IPL based goalies are lightyears ahead of our struggling legionnaires don't have great logic. You don't think Haghighi and Davari would be killing it in IPL as Persepolis' goalie?

They are both trying to make it to the top leagues knowing that moving to IPL can't do that for them. Haghighi may get a lot of goals scored on him this year, but with a few quality saves, he may be able to impress a mid-table team and move his way up, same with Davari. Davari played very well outside of 2 or 3 mistakes after being given a pressure spot to save his team from relegation, which in the end he helped do. He saved his club valuable points in the matches he played, but was a scapegoat unfortunately.

Put Biranvand on Eskilstuna or Duisberg and tell me his teams would be doing dramatically better. They wouldn't. Biranvand is currently a stronger choice as he is kept confident and in form by being a big fish in a small pond, both in Asia, and in IPL. We haven't seen him be truly tested against strong strikers. Jovetic's goal may be a worrying sign.

My point isn't that Haghighi and Davari are great. My point is to not discount their quality based on their club misfortunes. Biranvand is more confident than them, but place him in a tougher situation to see if he keeps it up.

Comment

he got a yellow last minute of the game

Comment

Despite conceding two, he was named the third best player on the pitch by the biggest Swedish sports newspaper, Sportbladet.

http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportblade...vaa-i-tabellen
                          sigpic

Comment

Goals:

Comment

Glad he is getting regular playing time. Don't worry about the goals, keep working hard Alireza!
                              --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                              --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                              ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                              --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                              ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

What the hell was the defense doing when they scored the 2nd goal? They had 4+ players in the box and all of them just stood there looking at the attacker taking the shot.

Comment

Working...
                                X