Football and religion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AminGP View Post
    Football players have jesus and cross tattoos all over their body and no one here loses their shit but if a couple of iranian people want to pray or wear a t-shirt under neath their jersey with religious stuff people go ballistic.
    If that's what makes them happy let them be man. So many of you guys don't know what the true meaning of liberty and freedom is.
    exactly. Some people are deeply connected to their religion. It is what powers them to be athletes and the people that they are. You don't need to shit on them just because you personally have had a bad experience with certain religious figures. I have no problem with religion in football. Tbh, it makes for better, more committed athletes. I cant think of any athletes (esp top atheltes) that are atheist lol...

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
      exactly. Some people are deeply connected to their religion. It is what powers them to be athletes and the people that they are. You don't need to shit on them just because you personally have had a bad experience with certain religious figures. I have no problem with religion in football. Tbh, it makes for better, more committed athletes. I cant think of any athletes (esp top atheltes) that are atheist lol...
      .... You know that's actually a good point you made lol. Messi, Ronaldo, Ozil and many other top footballers all follow a religion. Actually seems to be far more than atheists as far as the world class players go, funny how that never occurred to me.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWheels View Post
        .... You know that's actually a good point you made lol. Messi, Ronaldo, Ozil and many other top footballers all follow a religion. Actually seems to be far more than atheists as far as the world class players go, funny how that never occurred to me.
        Well it makes sense as the vast majority of the world is still religious (84% according to a study I found). Also lets not forget many great players come from poor backgrounds (who are 100% religious).

Comment

Originally posted by foadm_2000 View Post
          That just a refrence to the battle of Quadesiah. What does that have to do with the team name? I actually have a fresh of the boat Saudi student that moved right next to me. I will ask him about it and will fill you guys in!
          Scroll down to section 3.5.1

and asking a "fresh off the boat" individual has no benefits. He isn't part of the Saudi government or the big wigs that can make/change decisions over there. The average population, just like our own Iranian population who is pro-west, might have a different view point on Iran. The Saudi government makes donations to National Geographic to not print the name Persian Gulf on their World Atlas, based on that I would not be surprised if the big wigs over there in the Kingdom make decisions to name entities based on Qadisiyyah being an Anti-Iran slogan.

Comment

Working...
          X