Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How come Team Melli doesn't create a B team?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How come Team Melli doesn't create a B team?

Sorry if this thread is a little random, but I've always wondered… Why doesn't TM create a B team so that they can constantly call up players who perform well from their B team into the real national team?

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
    Sorry if this thread is a little random, but I've always wondered… Why doesn't TM create a B team so that they can constantly call up players who perform well from their B team into the real national team?
    Good question!

A lot of people talk a lot of $h*t about Branko but he was the only coach in my time who created a B team! Teymourian was among the players who emerged in TM from that team!

Comment

There was a B team with Ebrahimzadeh as coach that played in the 2007 WAFF, when the A team with GN prepared themselves for the Asian Cup.

Comment

B-teams are usually used for weak friendlies or weak matches.

We haven't had one of these in a long time.

Comment

IFF can't manage the first team, making another team would be havoc

Comment

We actually had one with CQ, where he sent his former assistant, António Simões, to work as the B team coach beside being his assistant. We introduced a few new players in the WAFF competition that we are no longer a part of. Plus I believe the IFF doesn't have enough money to support regular friendlies than to support other teams with the necessary tools to keep the team alive. In reality, its just another expense the IFF cannot deal with.

Comment

We used to have one up till 2012. I think the WAFF tournament was played with or B team. I guess the main reason we don't have one anymore is financial constraints.

Comment

We don't have jerseys for Team Melli A and I don't think FIFA would allow Team Melli B to go all skins.
                راه یکی است و آن راستی است

Comment

Originally posted by sedee91 View Post
                  We actually had one with CQ, where he sent his former assistant, António Simões, to work as the B team coach beside being his assistant. We introduced a few new players in the WAFF competition that we are no longer a part of. Plus I believe the IFF doesn't have enough money to support regular friendlies than to support other teams with the necessary tools to keep the team alive. In reality, its just another expense the IFF cannot deal with.
                  I think that's the same team that Omid Nazari played a few games for and scored in the WAFF

Comment

I'm not sure but has IFF gotten its FIFA money yet? Thats 8 million dollars. Should be enough to fund ventures in TM for a while no? Or did they burn it? Pocket it?

Comment

guys Bahador and Kanybeira are going to be quite upset with you, they are captain and co-captain of our B-team. In fact they refuse to play a televised game!

Comment

Originally posted by pres80 View Post
                        guys Bahador and Kanybeira are going to be quite upset with you, they are captain and co-captain of our B-team. In fact they refuse to play a televised game!
                        They've played a few games for the A team, I can't believe CQ doesn't play them more often.

Comment

Working...
                        X