Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Cup Qualifier: Qatar - Iran; Info, Updates and Live Reports (23.03.2017)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad to see at least some of their people can stand up to that BS and call the federation out on it. They're completely right too - those players played with no heart whatsoever. They don't even speak the damn language for crying out loud. Soria looks like he's out there to get a paycheck and go home after and it shows in his every aspect of his game
    Team Meli Iran
    Perspolis FC
    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by persiangodfather View Post
      A Lion does not concern himself with the opinion of Camel
      Now it looks better.

Comment

Longer Arabic commentating highlights.. for those Iranians who want to have a nice smile today :-)

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________
        We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Comment

Something I completely overlooked is with no conceding and wining is that our GD is +5 while the others are at max +1. Hopefully it doesn't come to it but if we tie for points in an unlikely scenario it will help us.

Comment

Ok, I watched this again in detail has I have to write down what I heard here, soooo interesting had to share it with my ISP posse!!!: here is the summary....

-Why bring has beens and losers and naturalize them??? at least Bring the Top players of Europe !! Bring Quality to raise the standard!!
            -Why put the blame on Fossati?? ITs the whole federation!
            -Sebastian Soria has not scored one goal in competitive football , yer we still invite him??
            -Iran has Morteza Pour ALi Ganji who plays here in Qatar and see how well he plays !!
            -We all say Tabata is a top player and we invite him to the NT yet we forget to ask is our league even good enough?? We think just becuase he is top scorer of the QSL he will be top scorer in Asian Level
            -The Gulf cup is not a competition rather a friendly tournament between ( Persian) Gulf Countries!
            -The head of our federation ( god bless him etc. etc. ) he is being let down by these so called players
            -We can bring a million coaches and a million players but our football will not improve without "gheyrat" and passion for the game
            -I dont have solution, but outlining the problem
            -Sebastian has had 138 gams and only 28 goals
            -Tabata is worse!! He didn't even make the top three best player on the field against IRAN!!
            -We need to plan for 2022 from now! even though we are hosts!
            -Get rid of all the current NT players!! no Spirit, no Quality, no idea of what to do!!!
            -They let down 10,000 spectators today!! ( as if 10,000 is alot!!)
            -We change a coach every 5 games!!!
            -WE never learn from our previous competitions we stick to the same system!
            -We are better than Iran, We can beat them in Iran( got interrupted from others saying " no they are better)
            -Even South Korea lost to China!! Neither China, No Uzbekistan nor Korea is better than us! gets interrupted by others saying you are wrong! goes into an argument
            -(other commentator) Iran is FIRST in Asia , they are best Asian team from 2016 to 2017 they are leafing the table ! so they are the best
            -The situation is simple but we are complicating it. WE need to put a deep thought behind our plans.
            -Our league and the standard of the league is weak! our choices are weak! these are my advice and observations,
            -Sebastions job and Tabatas jobs are to score goals yet they walk, !
            -Hassan Heydos is a Ghost of himself!!

2nd Commentator- from the 2nd Youtube video that shows part 2( the brown guy shouting for his turn! )

-You have not given us main points( reference to the first commentator)
            -You didnot give us a proper reason for defeat!

Back to the first Commentator!

-After today's China and Syria win, we thought we can win as well, but the opposite happened!
            -Head of the federation writes to him via tweeter saying you are angry nervous person and he responds by saying Im calm, but I see problems, I see that we need a plan, we are fed up, but we all need to take responsibility, We need solutions, and return back to the same solution by identifying the issues, if we hide the problems we are the problem. Im talking from my heart but no one listens

This is the gist of the discussions.... hope you enjoyed it !....

Comment

^^^

Thank you Eerooni jaan for this great and entertaining translation. Enjoyed reading it!

Comment

Qatar's W. Cup dreams turn to dust after defeat against Iran
                AFP/Doha

Filed on March 24, 2017 | Last updated on March 24, 2017 at 09.21 pm

Qatar's 1-0 home defeat against Iran has left the hugely ambitious country's 2018 World Cup dreams in tatters.
                The result means Qatar, chosen as the host of football's biggest tournament in 2022, are bottom of Group A with just four points from six games.
                With four matches to play, Qatar are 10 points behind leaders Iran and six points adrift of South Korea who occupy the top two spots which guarantee automatic qualification to Russia in 2018.
                Even their hopes of finishing third, where Uzbekistan sit with nine points, and where they would progress to a last chance play-off now seem remote.
                They are even four points back from Syria, a nomadic team, without key players, who have to play their "home" matches in Malaysia due to the ongoing civil war.
                "I had big expectations for today's result, really I am very sad," said a forlorn Qatar coach Jorge Fossati after watching his team lose to a Mehdi Taremi goal.
                The sense of disappointment was clear as fans filed from the Jassim bin Hamad Stadium in Doha.
                One of those was senior World Cup 2022 organiser, Nasser Al Khater. But as much as the international focus on Qatar centres on 2022 - from its controversial choice as host, to corruption and migrant worker abuse allegations - at home the nation was desperate to qualify on merit for the finals in Russia.
                Khater's colleagues in Qatar had talked openly about the importance of qualifying for Russia.
                That tournament represents the last chance for Qatar to qualify for a World Cup before automatically playing as hosts in 2022.
                Qualification, still mathematically possible, would have shown doubters that Qatar is a genuine football nation.
                The flipside is that now their almost certain failure to qualify means Qatar is open to several more years of inevitable sneering that their place among football's elite come 2022 was secured only by the country's incredible wealth.
                Just last month, the country's finance minister reinforced that view by revealing that Qatar is spending almost $500 million every week on major infrastructure projects for 2022.
                Just how serious their ambitions were for next year's tournament was reinforced by their dramatic decision to draft in current coach Fossati after a poor start to the latest round of qualifications.
                Ruthless Qatar football bosses sacked previous coach Jose Daniel Carreno despite him overseeing seven wins in eight World Cup games, including a record 15-0 victory against Bhutan.
                There have been plusses with the discovery of young local star Akram Afif, a forward who this season became the first Qatari to play in La Liga with Sporting Gijon.
                But the fallout if Qatar's elimination is confirmed could be dramatic. Already there have been murmurings about a new policy to bring through players, concentrating on locally-born players rather than relying heavily on naturalised Qataris.
                And Fossati's position would come under threat once and if their elimination is confirmed.
                Failing to qualify for 2018 is one thing but the planning to avoid further embarrassment in front of the rest of the world in 2022 is quite another.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                  Glad to see at least some of their people can stand up to that BS and call the federation out on it. They're completely right too - those players played with no heart whatsoever.
                  I saw it differently, I thought Qataris played and ran their heart out, pressed up and rushed back to defend the entire 90 minutes, followed their game plan with discipline and gave it all they could, they just got out matched by a better team..for once I thought Qataris deserved a bit of credit..if they play this way they can beat any of the other teams in the group..(I hope not ☺)

ستايشگر آموزگاری هستم که انديشيدن را
                  به من بياموزد و نه انديشه ها را. زرتشت

Comment

Thanks a lot eerooni jan, that was a good read.

Also, speaking of good reads. After reading the translation you posted, I too believe if Qatar's team stay the same in 2022 they will read (💩) in the World Cup.

Comment

One step closer to the promise land!! Congratulations to Team Melli!! mA

Comment

Working...
                      X