Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Cup Qualifier: Qatar - Iran; Info, Updates and Live Reports (23.03.2017)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

World Cup Qualifier: Qatar - Iran; Info, Updates and Live Reports (23.03.2017)

Match Information
    Game: Qatar - Iran
    Venue: Jassim Bin Hamad Stadium, Doha
    Date: Thursday 23 March 2017
    Local Time: 20:30
    Tournament: FIFA World Cup 2018 Qualifying Games
    Stage: Final Round Match day 6, Group A
    Match Report
    FIFA
    AFC
    Officials
    Referee: Liu Kwok Man (Hong Kong)
    Latest head-to-head results

Group Standings

Time Zones*
    09:00 Los Angeles - Vancouver
    12:00 New York - Toronto
    16:00 Lissabon - London
    17:00 Amsterdam - Berlin
    19:30 Tehran
    03:00 Sydney (next day)
    Broadcasters
    The AFC Hub
    *To avoid confusion, you can convert the times by yourself if you doubt the accurateness of this post here:
    http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html
    Last edited by webmaster; 03-22-2017, 10:16 AM.

I'm predicting a 2-0 for this game. Qatar is going to be play a much more open football since they need a win at home and I think our players can exploit them on counter attacks and get the job done in first half.

Comment

The game is on my 23rd birthday, I hope TM makes it a good one

Comment

No matter which opponent we play in this round. We must treat every single game as a tough game. We never had an easy game against Qatar recently. Playing against Qatar in Qatar have been always tough. Getting a positive result from this game is extremely crucial for us to keep the momentum good.

Comment

A victory in Doha is virtual qualification to Russia. With a win we will lead the group with only 4 games left, 3 of which will be at home.

Comment

i think we will win 2-0, gucci and azmoun the scorers

Comment

I say 4-0 Iran, with or without Perspolis players. Qatar has nothing to lose they are going to attack and attack exposing their defense. If our boys up front finish their chances, it will get ugly for Qatar.

Comment

After the terrible preparation we have had and the amazing training Qatar has had, Its quite clear to see that we are the underdogs
                WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Originally posted by persiangodfather View Post
                  After the terrible preparation we have had and the amazing training Qatar has had, Its quite clear to see that we are the underdogs
                  Qatar in the past couple of years have always had great preparation, yet each time mirinan. 3-0 Iran.
                  --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                  --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                  ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                  --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                  ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Agha jan, I believe that the time listed for Los Angeles is off by an hour. Since daylight savings will begin March 12, 2017 meaning UTC-7 the game will start at 9:00 am not 8:00am.

Comment

I don't care how we do it, as long as we get the 3 points. This is the most important 3 points.

This match day defines who really will go through and who will stay home and watch the World Cup on television.

Also, if they lose they are ELIMINATED.

Comment

Eliminating gutter again will be so sweet

Comment

I don't think Qatar will play too open like some people think. Qatar is not gonna go to this World Cup even if they somehow manage to defeat TM. They will play better at home but will have a packed defence regardless of their situation. That's just the way they play. Qatar would be happy to even get a point from us.

Comment

There we go again, like every pre match thread, folks predicting 3-0's and 4-0's.

Let me remind you that over the last few years, all of our games against Qatar have ended 0-0, 1-1, 2-2, with 1-0 being the only win we had in Doha last year, after a lucky break Gucci caught from Jabbari's deflected pass.

This is not going to be an easy game.

I'll be happy with a draw, exuberant with a win, but a loss doesn't change alot.

We have 3 games at home, we take care of business at home, we are through.

Comment

Originally posted by CHaMiLLionaire View Post
                              There we go again, like every pre match thread, folks predicting 3-0's and 4-0's.

Let me remind you that over the last few years, all of our games against Qatar have ended 0-0, 1-1, 2-2, with 1-0 being the only win we had in Doha last year, after a lucky break Gucci caught from Jabbari's deflected pass.

This is not going to be an easy game.

I'll be happy with a draw, exuberant with a win, but a loss doesn't change alot.

We have 3 games at home, we take care of business at home, we are through.
                              we wont lose, because a draw wont help qatar, they have to win, and if they open up, with our players we will score, i still think we will win 2-0

Comment

Working...
                              X