No announcement yet.

AFC Champions League Week 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Esteghlal played a total of 15 minutes this game. from Minute 60-75.

The rest was all bezan ziresh bullshit.

They deserve the loss. Mansourian got out-coached.

Sorry to say this but gheyrat does not make you a good coach.

Comment

They played counter-attack not bezan ziresh. Al-ahli has a better team doesn't mean Esteghlal got out coached.
      "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Doust View Post
        They played counter-attack not bezan ziresh. Al-ahli has a better team doesn't mean Esteghlal got out coached.

How many counterattacks did Esteghlal have? 0.

If your plan is to counter attack, and you don't counter attack, do you call that successful?

Al Ahli is a mediocre team minus its two strikers.
        Mansourian's subs were all terrible. Esteghlal should have came into this game with more confidence.

He made the same mistakes that he made with NAFT in ACL two years ago. Like I said, he is slowly becoming another Golmohammadi and Daei.

How many more of these experiments do we need to do before realizing that we need foreign investment(players and coaches) as a short term measure while we build up facilities and grass root academies?

If the UAE/Qatar had the human capital and talent that Iran has, they would be a top 10 team in the world.
        Last edited by CHaMiLLionaire; 02-20-2017, 11:35 AM.

Comment

I don't think you can say Mansourian made "mistakes" with Naft in ACL. They made it pretty damn far for what they had in terms of personnel.

If someone said Naft would make it that far, I think we would all say Mansourian and Naft over achieved and nabbed a great standing.

I 100% agree with everything you say regarding development though. I just think Mansourian did the best with what he had.. Esteghlal doesn't exactly have a packed bench either..

Comment

Naft got knocked out after losing key players.

Comment

Originally posted by Ando Teymourian View Post
              I don't think you can say Mansourian made "mistakes" with Naft in ACL. They made it pretty damn far for what they had in terms of personnel.

If someone said Naft would make it that far, I think we would all say Mansourian and Naft over achieved and nabbed a great standing.

I 100% agree with everything you say regarding development though. I just think Mansourian did the best with what he had.. Esteghlal doesn't exactly have a packed bench either..

No one is discussing talent or how hard working a team is. I will be the first to say that Mansourian's team are youthful, energetic, disciplined and are very hard working.

That is not enough. He is still learning tactical things, mostly from CQ. He is still building a team.

All I was saying was in this game versus Al Ahli, he failed tactically. Gheyrat/Hard work does not equal a good coach.

Comment

Esteghlal does not have the players to play counter attacking football. Heydari is getting slower and keeps the ball for too long and going back. Esteghlal wingers are not quick enough. Zakipour, the only one with decent speed and he's a LB.

Yes it sort of worked against PP with the few chances they had. Good finishes and they were aware of Perspolis' strengths and tactics (Something they weren't aware of regards to Al-Ahli due poor analysis of Al-Ahli team - perhaps they didn't even analyze the team)

I'm wondering what is going through Mr. Gheyrat Mansourian's mind...Al Ahli has dangerous set piece players but he decides not to put players next to the post in corners which he did against Persepolis...

Comment

Originally posted by Farhad-7 View Post
                  Esteghlal does not have the players to play counter attacking football. Heydari is getting slower and keeps the ball for too long and going back. Esteghlal wingers are not quick enough. Zakipour, the only one with decent speed and he's a LB.

Yes it sort of worked against PP with the few chances they had. Good finishes and they were aware of Perspolis' strengths and tactics (Something they weren't aware of regards to Al-Ahli due poor analysis of Al-Ahli team - perhaps they didn't even analyze the team)

I'm wondering what is going through Mr. Gheyrat Mansourian's mind...Al Ahli has dangerous set piece players but he decides not to put players next to the post in corners which he did against Persepolis...

Not covering the posts was his biggest mistake today. Otherwise the boys fought hard. Not having a left foot player on that left side ahead of Zakipour is what Mansourian needs to figure out. Mohsen Karimi should get more minutes on that left wing.
                  "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Mansourian is still like a junior doctor early in his residency programme. He's not qualified, nor experienced enough to lead a club like Esteghlal.

Yes, he had some good results, but a lot of trial and error throughout the season. This is not an experimental stage.

Comment

heart breaking loss for SS. tie would have been a fair result. still,they need to hold their head up. they defended well most of the game. but offensively, not much to write home about. it's no coincident that two of the older players were the ones involved in scoring their only goal, and pretty much any other limited attack they had. Esmaili could have and should have done better with that chance. the younger guys need to step up.

Comment

I'm sorry for the loss my Taji brothers and sisters. I wanted the first day to commence with 6 points but Al Ahli was the better team. I mean hell, look at all their foreign based players. Esteghlal wasn't horrible but it wasn't their best performance.

Congrats to Est. Khouzestan for their victory over our rivals. We are 1 up the Saudis so far, so it's good

I can't wait for our game against Al Hilal! Also, good fortune to Zob Ahan! It's always special watching Zob Ahan in the ACL. Who could forget their run in 2010.

Much love and support to all 4 Iranian clubs!

Comment

Perspolis-lineup:

Beiranvand - Moharrami - Hosseini - Ansari - Ahmadzadeh - Kamyabinia - Rezaeian - Rafiei - Mosalman - Taremi - Amiri

Beiranvand
                          Moharrami - Hosseini - Ansari - Ahmadzadeh
                          Kamyabinia
                          Rezaeian - Mosalman
                          Rafiei
                          Taremi - Amiri

Edit: Mahini will miss the game due to poisoning.
                          Edit 2: LOL the line-up changed again. Now Moharrami is RB and Rezaeian RM. This time it's confirmed by PP.
                          Last edited by 04041374; 02-21-2017, 06:26 AM.

Comment

Ahmadzadeh as LB is the dumbest thing I've ever seen brangoh do wth is he thinking?
                            Team Meli Iran
                            Perspolis FC
                            Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

I guess finding a decent left back is not Branko's strongest force both in TM and Persepolis:
                              Badavi->Sattar Zareh->Nosrati->Rabikhah->Ahmadzadeh

Comment

Mahini will miss the game. Rabikhah is the LB instead.

Comment

Working...
                                X