Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has VAR (Video technology) officially been implemented?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has VAR (Video technology) officially been implemented?

I found this on FIFA site
    http://quality.fifa.com/en/var/#used
    is it finally here? no more false red cards or penalties against TM??
    You just got Caged
    K.C McElroy's Fan

Originally posted by CAGE View Post
    I found this on FIFA site
    http://quality.fifa.com/en/var/#used
    is it finally here? no more false red cards or penalties against TM??
    IFAB and FIFA are currently doing non-live tests on multiple leagues in Europe. If you watch BT Sport in the UK, during premier league matches, Howard Webb will be asked about decisions since he sits in a 'truck' watching the game.

It was experimented live, for real, at the recent club world cup and a penalty decision was made after the referee initially didn't see it.

It's pretty cool stuff, I was sent a whole book by the Scottish Football Association about it and the ways it can change football for the good.

Comment

Originally posted by greenguy4life View Post
      IFAB and FIFA are currently doing non-live tests on multiple leagues in Europe. If you watch BT Sport in the UK, during premier league matches, Howard Webb will be asked about decisions since he sits in a 'truck' watching the game.

It was experimented live, for real, at the recent club world cup and a penalty decision was made after the referee initially didn't see it.

It's pretty cool stuff, I was sent a whole book by the Scottish Football Association about it and the ways it can change football for the good.
      I'm totally for it, but the time it took between the whistle and penalty decision in the CWC was too long. These could lead to time stoppages and worst case, commercial breaks.

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

Originally posted by Team Melli Fan View Post
        I'm totally for it, but the time it took between the whistle and penalty decision in the CWC was too long. These could lead to time stoppages and worst case, commercial breaks.
        Unfortunately, if you're watching from America, it's just an excuse for them to have commercials, just have to deal with it and say at least this team isn't getting cheated.

Yeah the thing is, it's not like for every decision, the referee is going to stop the game, run over to his iPad, watch it, think and make a decision. That was only because the referee really wanted to see it for himself and he was probably told to do that to see what affect it had on the game.

For most decisions, as I've read, the guy in the truck will say "yo bro, you missed it, he broke his legs, blow your whistle and send him off now!!" 😂😂

They are still working on it though so don't worry, still very much a work in progress, but from what I've read, the pros outweigh the cons.

Comment

Working...
        X