Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not a good 2nd half of the season for most legionnaires.

-Ashkan is not playing due to injury.
    -Both Sardar and Karim continue to struggle.
    -Shojaei wasn't as dominant as the first half.
    -Ezzatollahi is a regular bench warmer.
    -Haghighi got injured and Sosha(even i had zero hope on him) is heading back to Iran.

Overall a good season fro Gucci and Milad. Also in case of JB my expectation was higher, not a bad season but not a great one either.

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
      Not a good 2nd half of the season for most legionnaires.

-Ashkan is not playing due to injury.
      -Both Sardar and Karim continue to struggle.
      -Shojaei wasn't as dominant as the first half.
      -Ezzatollahi is a regular bench warmer.
      -Haghighi got injured and Sosha(even i had zero hope on him) is heading back to Iran.

Overall a good season fro Gucci and Milad. Also in case of JB my expectation was higher, not a bad season but not a great one either.
      Ezatollahi is a regular substitute, not benchwarmer. Karimi is also seeing some good burn, started .

ARJ had a good season.

Comment

LOL!!

Comment

Nothing to write a page about player(s) that we identified as the future of TM and who can't even make it to the starting line up in a crappy teams of not even top leagues, but yes be happy that he at least get 10-15 min per game.

Comment

Nothing to write a page about player(s) that we identified as the future of TM and who can't even make it to the starting line up in a crappy teams of not even top leagues, but yes be happy that he at least get 10-15 min per game.
            It's not about being happy - we want him to start of course. But to say he's a bench warmer implies he doesn't get off the bench in games. He does. He's obviously not a starter, he's getting substitute time though - every game.

Calm yourself. He's 20. At 20, Javad Nekonaum was at Pas.

Comment

Calm myself? What make you think i am not
              Javad Nekounam was at Pas at 20? Khob hala ke chi? Just because Javad was at Pas at 20, Ezzatollahi should stop to progress, from Atletico youth team to Rostov to crappy Anzhi in RPL, javad never looked back when he once joined pro level and actually if you had the good understanding of situation and instead of constantly showing blind loves opened your eyes you wouldn't make such a statement, it is much harder to adjust yourself in a Pro Level football when you join it at(or after) mid 20s and specially when is directly from IPL to a top 2 leagues in the world such as La Liga.
              The guy is playing in Anzhi which can be slightly better than top Iranian teams, Javad jumped directly from Arab leagues to La Liga.
              In kojaa o aan koja.
              I know we all desperately look for hero but that is not a right way dude.
              I don't want disappoint any but if you are good enough AND you have enough determination it shouldn't take you long to make your mark. I don't think he is a bad player is just he is lacking that determination it seems. We had similar issues in past, we sent Khatibi, Pashazadeh, Mousavi, Yazdani, Azizi, even Bagheri and Karimi and few others to Germany and not all became Kia, Hashemian and Daei in level of consistency but the again we talk about Germany not Russia!!

Comment

Calm myself? What make you think i am not
                Javad Nekounam was at Pas at 20? Khob hala ke chi? Just because Javad was at Pas at 20, Ezzatollahi should stop to progress, from Atletico youth team to Rostov to crappy Anzhi in RPL, javad never looked back when he once joined pro level and actually if you had the good understanding of situation and instead of constantly showing blind loves opened your eyes you wouldn't make such a statement, it is much harder to adjust yourself in a Pro Level football when you join it at(or after) mid 20s and specially when is directly from IPL to a top 2 leagues in the world such as La Liga.
                The guy is playing in Anzhi which can be slightly better than top Iranian teams, Javad jumped directly from Arab leagues to La Liga.
                In kojaa o aan koja.
                I know we all desperately look for hero but that is not a right way dude.
                I don't want disappoint any but if you are good enough AND you have enough determination it shouldn't take you long to make your mark. I don't think he is a bad player is just he is lacking that determination it seems. We had similar issues in past, we sent Khatibi, Pashazadeh, Mousavi, Yazdani, Azizi, even Bagheri and Karimi and few others to Germany and not all became Kia, Hashemian and Daei in level of consistency but the again we talk about Germany not Russia!!
                I understand your point. As I said, it's all about mental construct and determination. If Saeid is content, he won't get far. If he is hungry, he will. To be honest, I thought by now he should be constant starter at Anzhi - but he is not which is disappointing.

I'm not saying Saeid is better than Javad even at 20 BUT I am saying he will make mistakes along the way and he will have to learn and progress. He has to be hungry. I honestly feel like people like him and Sardar are a bit too comfortable and aren't willing to work hard that even got them to this level. They got there maybe too easy. I don't know, but the recent play of them is actually worse now than a year ago.

Remember ... Saeid was starting for Rostov early on in their CL playoff games. There has been a decline. They won't stay young forever.

Comment

Beside Mahdavikia, nobody has been as consistent as Nekounam in Iran! Ezatollahi would have been our only hope as a replacement but even he hasn't delivered after playing pro football for 3 years! He's 20. Next year he'll be 21 and in 2 years he's 22. and then what? At some point he needs to start to deliver.

If you look at top international young talents, they are usually already great players at 18-19. They don't get tired that easily at that age and can constantly run for 90 minutes! This age thing as an excuse for our players' downfall is getting repetitive and old.

The only player who seems to have taken himself out of this mess, is Ali Karimi. But even in his case, it remains to be seen how consistent he is.

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
                    I understand your point. As I said, it's all about mental construct and determination. If Saeid is content, he won't get far. If he is hungry, he will. To be honest, I thought by now he should be constant starter at Anzhi - but he is not which is disappointing.
                    I'm not saying Saeid is better than Javad even at 20 BUT I am saying he will make mistakes along the way and he will have to learn and progress. He has to be hungry. I honestly feel like people like him and Sardar are a bit too comfortable and aren't willing to work hard that even got them to this level. They got there maybe too easy. I don't know, but the recent play of them is actually worse now than a year ago.
                    Remember ... Saeid was starting for Rostov early on in their CL playoff games. There has been a decline. They won't stay young forever.
                    Again not everyone is mentally strong and the hunger of success is unfortunately not something that everyone have and that is why very few become Daei, Nekounam, Kia and Hashemian and a lot despite huge huge talents never achieve what people expect of them(Azizi, Bagheri, Karimi) and unfortunately with the new generation of footballers in Iran, mostly and except very few they all look for attention, how many followers they get, how many interviews they manage to have, etc.
                    The way this guy was making interview right and left on TV you get an impression he was regular starter in Atletico. That is just one example.
                    The worse of all is players who joins Persepolis and Esteghlal, they already think they climbed the highest mountains, who was the last player which was transferred from these two clubs who had a decent success in Europe? Long time a go..

Comment

Yeah this has been a pretty disappointing 2nd half of the season for our legionnaires.

Maybe our expectations have been too high...we should just wait for the World Cup, and see how they do. If they reach the next round I won't look much into club performances tbh.

Comment

Ezzi starting against Lokomotiv Moscow.

Comment

HT 0-0

saw about 10-15 minutes of first half
                          he didnt look too sharp nor involved had a decent pass and sent a couple of others array..
                          he seems outa sink with this team and unsure of his duties.
                          not even sure the team has any obvious specific tactics..??

Comment

damn
                            Saeed almost scored a fantastic header off of CK
                            goalie with an incredible save, barely one hand cleared it off the line ...

Comment

hes playing much better now. Some good passes to start threatening attacking moves, good tracking back and covering on the defensive end as well. Got another header from a corner, looks threatening off set pieces.

Comment

and game ends 0-0. Anzhi looked more organized. Ezatolahi was actually one of their biggest offensive threats from set pieces, had some good through balls. Still sloppy in possession at times but better than previous games. Physically he can really use his body well, get fouls, etc. Huge threat in the air, almost scored one and headed another right over. Last minute free kick of his was well struck but too close to GK. Played the whole game, so hopefully he maintains his place in the team for the last three games of the season, including big games at home to rostov, and away to CSKA. If he does so I think we can call the move a relative success.

Comment

Working...
                                X