This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
    The question remains if Dejagah can even play a World Cup match, since the high intensity and weeks, even months of preparation before it starts.

I will get a lot of hate for this, but I doubt it would benefit TM to take Dejagah with us to Russia since he does not last longer dan 60 minutes and is very injury prone. When was the last time Ashkan played in a highly competitive match?

He hasn't even played a notable role during our current WCQ which says a lot. Can't remember him outstanding.

Based on this season I want Jahanbakhsh to start over Dejagah during the World Cup, and rightfully so, over the right wing.

Maybe Dejagah can be brought on as joker during the last 20 minutes of the game.
    Honestly i found him pretty decent with TM before his injury, but you have a valid point there.

Comment

The question remains if Dejagah can even play a World Cup match, since the high intensity and weeks, even months of preparation before it starts.

I will get a lot of hate for this, but I doubt it would benefit TM to take Dejagah with us to Russia since he does not last longer dan 60 minutes and is very injury prone. When was the last time Ashkan played in a highly competitive match?

He hasn't even played a notable role during our current WCQ which says a lot. Can't remember him outstanding. Taremi, Jahanbakhsh were all better than him.

Based on this season I want Jahanbakhsh to start over Dejagah during the World Cup, and rightfully so, over the right wing.

Maybe Dejagah can be brought on as joker during the last 20 minutes of the game.
      I understand what you're saying but I find the higher the class of the opponent, the better he plays. Even if we can get one good game out of him, we should take him. In terms of opening up space, moving the ball forward, hustling, he is still way ahead of most players in Asia and can compete with world cup level players.

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
        Honestly i found him pretty decent with TM before his injury, but you have a valid point there.
        The only thing that keeps Ashkan in TM is his resume, other than that he has done nothing more than our other TM players to be considered special.

Actually Jahanbakhsh has been doing better both NT and club wise (and he's not even playing in a top league) so it would be unfair to let Dejagah start over Jahanbakhsh.

Comment

Ashkan Dejagah @ VFL Wolfsburg | 2016 - 2017

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
          I understand what you're saying but I find the higher the class of the opponent, the better he plays. Even if we can get one good game out of him, we should take him. In terms of opening up space, moving the ball forward, hustling, he is still way ahead of most players in Asia and can compete with world cup level players.
          True, but CQ's system is literally all about being in top psychical shape because his formation asks a lot commitment of the entire team, for example forwards have to track back and help out the defense.

I doubt that Ashkan can keep it up with this system by 2018 if he gets injured at Wolfsburg training and takes so long to recover which is understandable for a 35 year old veteran but he's only 30.

Comment

I thought Dejagah played really well in our last WCQ against Korea, and he's only one player so it wouldn't do that much harm to take him to Russia with us. Who would we take instead of him?

Comment

Originally posted by Kian B. View Post
              I thought Dejagah played really well in our last WCQ against Korea, and he's only one player so it wouldn't do that much harm to take him to Russia with us. Who would we take instead of him?
              Yea he was superb against south korea. Other than his intensity and his experience, his technical ability is also rated highly by CQ, that's why he even trusted him to play 10.

Comment

we need to show more respect to this guy. He is probably still the most talented player on the team, and certainly the one with the most experience of top level football. He is back in europe and still aged only 30. The injury really sucked for him but i think he will def go to another good team. Wolsburg are in a bad situation rn and can't risk putting in ashkan who hasnt played in so long. Also in a way, the injury was basically like another pre season for him so he is definitely fit now.

Comment

New article about Dejagahs move to Wolfsburg. Nothing new here, but just published by Welt.de:

"The biggest misunderstanding of the previous round

This transfer was a big surprise: in the winter, Wolfsburg brought back his champion Ashkan Dejagah. He was eagerly looking forward to the return. But then everything went wrong.

T he VfL Wolfsburg is facing the most important game of the season. On Saturday the team fights against the relegation at HSV (3.30 pm, in the Liveticker at WELT.de) . A defeat and the club, which started with Champions League ambitions in the season, threatens the descent.

"We still have to get three points. We are in a position to do this. There will be a special atmosphere in Hamburg. But we will also have great support, "says Andries Jonker. For the three points, Wolfsburg's coach has taken special measures. To put the focus even more on the final in Hamburg, he has reduced the training group.

Christian Träsch, Paul Seguin, Ashkan Dejagah, Justin Möbius and Riechedly Bazoer were not allowed to train with the team. Dejagah? Yes, the Iranian is under contract in Wolfsburg. In the winter, the 30-year-old returned from the Al-Arabi Sports Club to Wolfsburg, where he had played for five years and won the 2009 German Championship.

"The sports director and coach have made it very clear that they want me to have my sporting qualities, " Dejagah said in an interview with WELT in February . It just fit: "I am proud to get the confidence and the chance to show me again. I can not wait to get back on the pitch. "

No game permission, then an injury

Dejagah could not return anything on the pitch. The change turned out to be a big misunderstanding. He missed the first three games because the Fifa had not given him any rights to play. When the paper was finally there, the midfielder injured himself in the training. A muscle fiber tear put Dejagah out of action for two months.

Wolfsburg staggered through the league, while Dejagah fought for his comeback. When he was fit again, there was no more Valérien Ismaël, but Jonker on the coach bench. The Dutchman does not rely on Dejagah and sent him to the second team in the regional league .

There he played two games against SV Eichede and Lüneburger SK Hansa. That should have been the comeback - Dejagah's contract in Wolfsburg ends on June 30th."

https://www.welt.de/sport/fussball/b....html#Comments

Dejagah was also selected for the Football365.com "Out of contract Bundesliga XI":

"Which top league can field the best out-of-contract XI?

Once the reported subject of a £15million from Manchester United back in 2011, Rene Adler leads this side of Bundesliga players looking for a home this summer. Fans of brilliant centre-halves will be familiar with Johan Djourou of Hamburg, while Marvin Compper (RB Leipzig) and Luca Caldirola (Werder Bremen) round off an impressive defence. Compper is just 31 and has played every game for the Bundesliga’s second-placed side, and Stoke and Newcastle have been linked with Caldirola. Both are solid options.

Klaas-Jan Huntelaar is supported in attack by Schalke teammate Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting and one-time World Cup finals goalscorer Haris Seferovic of Eintracht. Rani, brother of Sami, and the wonderfully named Pirmin Schwegler are the midfield pair, while Arsenal target (OK, he’s signing) Sead Kolasinac takes his place at left wing-back. On the other side, the right wing-back moves like Dejagah."

http://www.football365.com/news/whic...of-contract-xi

Comment

The only thing that keeps Ashkan in TM is his resume, other than that he has done nothing more than our other TM players to be considered special.
                    I get your initial point, but this statement above is purely non-factual.

Comment

Actually Jahanbakhsh has been doing better both NT and club wise (and he's not even playing in a top league) so it would be unfair to let Dejagah start over Jahanbakhsh.
                      Hilarious. Ashkan, since the day we stepped onto the field for us in 2011, up through today, is head and shoulders above every other team melli player both technically and in terms of his ability to play at a high speed. Jahanbakhsh plays in a league that's basically = MLS, and it shows in his TM performances, which are nothing special. They should share minutes only because Dejagah isn't a 90-minute player. But Jahanbakhsh simply is not the player Ashkan is, and he never will be.

Comment

Ashkan Dejagah @ VFL Wolfsburg | 2016 - 2017

Originally posted by ramingeles2000 View Post
                        Hilarious. Ashkan, since the day we stepped onto the field for us in 2011, up through today, is head and shoulders above every other team melli player both technically and in terms of his ability to play at a high speed. Jahanbakhsh plays in a league that's basically = MLS, and it shows in his TM performances, which are nothing special. They should share minutes only because Dejagah isn't a 90-minute player. But Jahanbakhsh simply is not the player Ashkan is, and he never will be.

So let's say we go with what you say and Ashkan is our best player.

*He hasn't played in a competitive league game for more than 2 years (QSL doesn't count obviously),
                        *He hasn't been more decisive than any other TM player we have now. For his resume we should expect much more, but the reality is that in the 2014 WC and 2015 AC, he simply wasn't a game changer. Do you remember any important goal from him? Me neither.
                        *He has been injured for months, how can he be potentially better than the rest? The last time he was really playing high level football was at Fulham. 3 years ago.
                        *What does it say when a footballer who is only 30 is not a 90 minute player anymore? A player like Cambiasso is almost 37 and is still playing every week for Olympiakos, 90 minutes. Just like Masoud, who is 2 years older than Ashkan, actually plays...but people here called for his head a while ago.

So a Dejagah on his last legs, who can't keep up with Wolfsburg training, is "head and shoulders" above Jahanbakhsh who is shining in Holland and is probably moving to a top league soon and he's only 23.

And your MLS statement is a typical ignorant American "soccer" fan attitude. The day an MLS team beats Schalke, Lyon, Manchester United, Milan or any other top dog and does well in EL or CL, you can quote me on this. Or maybe produces a world class player like Robben, Suarez, Sneijder, Van Persie...what do you have? Freddy Adu.

But I guess we should be happy and content with Ashkan instead. Jahanbakhsh has more potential than Ashkan ever will have simply thanks to his high talent status in Holland and his smart, hard working attitude.

Comment

Ashkan is in a good situation whether he stays in Wolfsburg or goes to Werder. As long as he is in Germany and happy, it's much better than Gutter league regardless.
                          Only problem is he has been getting hurt trying to get use to training conditions of Bundesliga after years in Gutter. Having Ashkan sit out of TM until the August camp would be good for him to rest up for the next season and be fully healthy again.

Comment

Originally posted by ramingeles2000 View Post
                            ... But Jahanbakhsh simply is not the player Ashkan is, and he never will be.

Actually indeed. He will be head and shoulders above Dejagah in a while.
                            Even in is prime Dejagah was not a 90 min player. I posted stats about him a while ago. Almost 70 % of his games he was a sub player.
                            IRI's politics is no different than handling a pressure cooker ..... As the pressure builds up, you slowly let the steam out just a tad bit so that you don't see overflow, and once the pressure from below is less, you put the lid down again and raise the temperature.

Comment

Originally posted by Ali.Karimi79 View Post
                              Actually indeed. He will be head and shoulders above Dejagah in a while.
                              So y'all mean Alireza's ceiling will at least be to be a contributor to a championship team in a top 5 league like Ashkan?
                              Because he sure wasn't a bigger talent than Ashkan on a U21-level, winning the U-21 Euros and being a highlight in a Germany team filled with Özil's and Boateng's.

I don't think they're comparable at all. They're 2 different players, with different skills and Alireza is the future and will do very well in Europe I'm certain. Both key players for TM still.

Comment

Originally posted by Hormozgan View Post
                                So y'all mean Alireza's ceiling will at least be to be a contributor to a championship team in a top 5 league like Ashkan?
                                Because he sure wasn't a bigger talent than Ashkan on a U21-level, winning the U-21 Euros and being a highlight in a Germany team filled with Özil's and Boateng's.

I don't think they're comparable at all. They're 2 different players, with different skills and Alireza is the future and will do very well in Europe I'm certain. Both key players for TM still.
                                Dejagah was only in the squad without any major contribution to the titles you mentioned. Speaking of talent, while dejagah grew up in germany and enjoyed all the benefits from little age, Jahanbakhsh moved to europe as as grown up man. So yes, talentwise AJ > Dejagah in my books. I don't compare them at all just pointing out the obvious.
                                Don' get me wrong, i love Ashkan and his passion. Time will tell anyways.
                                IRI's politics is no different than handling a pressure cooker ..... As the pressure builds up, you slowly let the steam out just a tad bit so that you don't see overflow, and once the pressure from below is less, you put the lid down again and raise the temperature.

Comment

Working...
                                X