Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow so nobody has any highlights... I thought they broadcasted these matches..

Comment

Originally posted by TheWheels View Post
      Wow so nobody has any highlights... I thought they broadcasted these matches..
      I got you covered: http://www.godset.no/nyheter/se-hoydepunktene-her

Comment

"Sosha Makani: Elite Series unknown superstar

DRAMMEN (NRK): He has been in prison in his home country and has been banned from the domestic league. Now Iranian Sosha Makani shut cage for Strømsgodset.

He's a little unorthodox in style.The words from goalkeeping coach Pål Henning Albertsen summarizes Sosha Makani in several areas.Makani played his entire career in his home country before this summer signed for Mjøndalen in the 1st division. In winter, he was loaned to neighboring club Strømsgodset and on Sunday guarding Iranian cage when Strømsgodset opens elite series at home against Haugesund.- Why Norway?- It is not easy to answer, but there are several things, responds Makani before continuing.- The first is the World Cup. I will play the World Cup for the homeland, and we seem to qualify. It is my great dream.- The second reason is problems at home in Iran. I wore a pair of pants and got six-month ban, says the goalkeeper.

At home in Iran, I can not get alone on the street.
        SOSHA MAKANIIt is far from Tehran to Drammen, both in physical distance and culture. Last summer, Makani banned from the Iranian league for wearing inappropriate pants, a case that was featured in several Norwegian media . The burly goalkeeper was pictured on social media with a yellow SpongeBob pants. Then ran it over for some in their homeland.- When the season was finished I was informed that I was banned. I have no idea why. I was banned from the league, but can still play on the national team, he said.If he were to continue his football career was not enough to leave Persepolis. Makani had to flee the country.

Sosha Makani
        Name: Sosha Makani
        Born: 18 November 1986 in Tehran, Iran
        Height: 192.5
        Weight: 88 kg
        Position: Goalkeeper
        Team: Strømsgodset (On loan from Mjøndalen)
        Former clubs: Persepolis Foolad, Naft Tehran Steel Azin, PAS Hamedan and Fajr Sepasi
        Source: Sosha Makani and Transfermarkt

The fans showed up at the first practiceThe first meeting with Norway and Mjøndalen was something special. Brown jerseys from Lower Spokes got lots of Iranian fans after the transition last summer.- On the first training had met up 10-12 pieces. They stood and hung around the track and would talk to him, touch him and get in touch with him. In our culture it is most children do that, says Mjøndalen sports director Kenneth Karlsen.

Some of them also went onto the track only to take on Makani. Karlsen & co. soon realized that this was something special.- There came an article in the newspaper in Tehran, and then we realized that something had happened. There were people who called, e-mailed and who wanted a bit of SOSh, says Karlsen.That beat ended up in Mjøndalen and now Strømsgodset due to a series of coincidences.- We think it was difficult to find a goalkeeper in Scandinavia. Those who were good were too expensive. One of the scouts ours had contacts in Iran, and we have a club doctor from Iran. So it was part coincidences that made him landed here, says Karlsen.Thrown in jailIn Norway Makani alone most of the time. 30-year-old living in Lower Spokes, some distance away from the streets of the Iranian capital Tehran.- I can not walk alone on the street there. There is no question, he says.The crazy Iranian football fans have both advantages and disadvantages: Makani has ended up in the media spotlight several times. Six days in January last year he spent in prison, according to Radio Liberty .Authorities believed Makani published photos that encourages corruption and prostitution.- It was a picture of me and my girlfriend without hijab, so I had to jail for six days, says the goalkeeper.He was released and later exonerated. 30-year-old opens her eyes wide and engaged violently by theme. So engaged, he forgets that he has training.- My account was hacked, and there were others who shared pictures of me in social media. It was not me.- It's a completely different culture. Persepolis has 40 million fans in Iran, and when you play there you have no privacy. You are in the spotlight all the time and have to be careful with everything you do, you can not imagine it once. I think it's worse than playing for Real Madrid, says Makani.- In Iran, they love football, it's passion. It's not just on the pitch, also outside.

It is difficult to imagine how such a calm, down to earth and nice person can be a superstar in his homeland. Almost two meters above the ground, wearing red sweatshirt with # 77 on the suit he's a superhero at home in Iran.78,115 spectators followed the game after Iran beat China 1-0 on March 28. The actual attendances were enough even higher.- People walk in the stadium anyway. It's probably 100,000 there, but that is not room for everyone. There are violent people, and when you win it is a party.- If you lose, you can not go out of the house in two weeks, he quickly added.- Extremely goodAt Marienlyst stadium he can only dream about the same, but yet he is satisfied. The smile is in place for training and, together with Pål Henning Albertsen, he has at times very festive even though the rain is pouring down over the artificial turf a few days before the league starts.

- I'll do my best here in Norway, I'm here for a few weeks or several years. I do my job no matter whether it is 100,000, 1,000 or one in the stands, he says and laughs out loud.Just before the start of the league got goalkeeper colleague Espen Bugge Pettersen (36) received a blow in the posterior cruciate ligament, which puts him on the sidelines before the league starts. That means Makani is Strømsgodset goalkeeper.- He is not typical Norwegian in style, but he gets the from another culture and football culture. Perhaps also another training culture. This is a whole new league, but he will clear fine, says Bugge Pettersen about his new colleague.- He is extremely good at stretching and has good reflexes. He saves a lot, and it is his strength, says 36-year-old.

- Not quite normalTrainer Tor Ole Skullerud rates himself lucky that he picked Makani, especially now that goalkeeper veteran is put out of action.- SOSh is still the danger Iranian who is a good goalkeeper. Has been stable good through the winter. He does not so much deal out of it, but has a completely separate presence in goal.
        He can do things not many others do.

PÅL HENNING ALBERTSEN- He's a fantastic shot stopper, has good reflexes and is good in the field. He has a physical authority and has some fantastic reaction saves you rub your eyes off.- League's best goalkeeper?- He will be allowed to start your career in the premier league first, but he's good. We have two very good goalkeepers, and we are very happy.
        Tor Ole Skullerud, Strømsgodset coach

- He can do things not many others do. There is no doubt about that. There are speed i'n, says goalkeeping coach Pål Henning Albertsen.- Technically, the way he solves things, is not quite normal after technical standard. But the main thing is to save the ball, and that's good."

https://www.nrk.no/sport/xl/sosha-ma...rne-1.13453003

Comment

Originally posted by Abtin View Post
          Was he impressive based on the highlights there?!

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
            Was he impressive based on the highlights there?!
            Haha they didnt show much of him, besides the goal he conceeded.

Comment

seemed a bit of a nervy, ok overall first start..! which is understandable..!
              he really had most all of the probable angles for the goal he conceded covered ..! that was a somewhat fortuitous placement to the far post..! and the shot was taken well inside the box, so he cant be too much blamed for that goal..!

otherwise based on the highlights, it seems his team is pretty damn solid and strong and they didnt allow too many other golden chances to the opponent.

i think he will come good for this new team, once he gets a bit of confidence after a couple of more games..!!

Comment

The real hero here is Spongebob, he's the one who made this all possible

This was the best post of your entire cyber life I believe. LOOL very funny and spot on!

Comment

Team-photo for the 2017 season:

Comment

Originally posted by Keano View Post
                    This was the best post of your entire cyber life I believe. LOOL very funny and spot on!
                    Can I get a positive rep as a thank you?

Comment

I tried, but this is what I got: You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to TheWheels again.

I am sure many other members who can, will do it!

Comment

Originally posted by Abtin View Post
                        Team-photo for the 2017 season:

Sosha definitely wants to be the center of everyone's attention.

Comment

I got you fam

Comment

Originally posted by ShervinJ View Post
                            I got you fam
                            Didn't receive anything bruh

Comment

Didn't receive anything bruh
                              I got the same message and it wouldnt let me send you any. Looks like it worked for someone else though

Comment

Sosha is on the bench for the match that is starting in 23 minutes.

Comment

Working...
                                X