ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,899 Times in 2,281 Posts

Meet your Persian Love Today
    Honestly he wasn't challenged at all!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Iran_19 For This Useful Post:

The

Forum Staff
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,053 Times in 1,999 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Iran_19 View Post
    Honestly he wasn't challenged at all!
    For some reason, his highlights didn't show his other save!

He also apparently had really good distribution that game, not to mention he was the 2nd highest rated player on the pitch by sofascore!

PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,642 Times in 4,714 Posts
    I think the idea that abedzadeh is really average and where he is based on connections is wrong.

He has proven by taking the number one spot from a solid GK in Charles, putting in motm performances, playing for a top 6-7 level portuguese team with good players like FW Joel and Winger Danny (ex zenit), that he is not an average or below average GK. He is a good GK with great reflexes and excellent distribution.

Having said that, I also dont think he is an incredible GK. His physique is definitely a limiting factor, but there are other GKs like Keylor Navas, STILL the starter for Real Madrid, who Abedz is actually taller than. Actually at a similar stage in his career Navas was playing for Albacete, a team that Maritimo is definitely superior to.

But I think the thing more limiting/off putting than his physique is his general lack of experience. I would like to see him perform at this level for 1-2 more seasons, then make a move to bigger team and perform there as well, before I say this guy deserves a chance to be TM number 1.

Beira has WAY more experience in high pressure situations (even before WC), way more minutes as a professional GK, not to mention way more superior natural talent. Same goes for Mazaheri. I would put H.Hosseini, and Abedz in the same basket as relatively inexperienced keepers esp given their age (its not like their 18, they are 24-26, not old for a GK but not really young either), with very good shot stopping abilities, and good potential.

5. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to inarsenewetrust For This Useful Post:

Banned
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Thanked 20,141 Times in 7,314 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
    I think the idea that abedzadeh is really average and where he is based on connections is wrong.
    He has proven by taking the number one spot from a solid GK in Charles, putting in motm performances, playing for a top 6-7 level portuguese team with good players like FW Joel and Winger Danny (ex zenit), that he is not an average or below average GK. He is a good GK with great reflexes and excellent distribution.
    Having said that, I also dont think he is an incredible GK. His physique is definitely a limiting factor, but there are other GKs like Keylor Navas, STILL the starter for Real Madrid, who Abedz is actually taller than. Actually at a similar stage in his career Navas was playing for Albacete, a team that Maritimo is definitely superior to.
    But I think the thing more limiting/off putting than his physique is his general lack of experience. I would like to see him perform at this level for 1-2 more seasons, then make a move to bigger team and perform there as well, before I say this guy deserves a chance to be TM number 1.
    Beira has WAY more experience in high pressure situations (even before WC), way more minutes as a professional GK, not to mention way more superior natural talent. Same goes for Mazaheri. I would put H.Hosseini, and Abedz in the same basket as relatively inexperienced keepers esp given their age (its not like their 18, they are 24-26, not old for a GK but not really young either), with very good shot stopping abilities, and good potential.
    Amir is also pretty young for a GK - at 25. I guess people forgot some of the ridiculous saves he had last week (or week) before. I think one of them was the save of the weekend in the Portuguese league.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Tehranto For This Useful Post:

PFDC Top Member
    Thanks
    He made it to Europe base on connection, and holding a US passport helps of course. how you want deny that? He was back-up keeper in struggling Rah Ahan, wasn't even the 2nd choice keeper in U23. I don't rate Portuguese league that high regarding to GK. Remember a guy like Haghighi was no1 there as well, so it say a lot. BUT have to give it to him, i wouldn't think he even make the bench base on his past, i mean sure he get there by connection, i don't think anyone can argue on this but he took his career serious, and of course had a bit of luck in his side as well.

Still i rate 2-3 keepers in Iran better than him.

PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    He made it to Europe base on connection, and holding a US passport helps of course. how you want deny that? He was back-up keeper in struggling Rah Ahan, wasn't even the 2nd choice keeper in U23. I don't rate Portuguese league that high regarding to GK. Remember a guy like Haghighi was no1 there as well, so it say a lot. BUT have to give it to him, i wouldn't think he even make the bench base on his past, i mean sure he get there by connection, i don't think anyone can argue on this but he took his career serious, and of course had a bit of luck in his side as well.

Did I deny that? I said he didnt make it where he is based on solely connections. You guys want to do everything to discredit him, and his performances this season have showed he is a decent GK. And yes I agree with you we have 2-3 better than him in iran, thats what I mentioned with Beira and Mazaheri. But I can think that and also give this guy credit as well.

PFDC Top Member
    Thanks
    Did I deny that? I said he didnt make it where he is based on solely connections. You guys want to do everything to discredit him, and his performances this season have showed he is a decent GK. And yes I agree with you we have 2-3 better than him in iran, thats what I mentioned with Beira and Mazaheri. But I can think that and also give this guy credit as well.
    Dude, i usually enjoy your post, and i admire your passion for our players, but most of the time when you and some other people of your generation analyse a player the emotion and the fact that he is our player get into you. I did mentioned, good job, but honestly Portuguese league is not known to produce great GK.

PFDC Hall of Famer
    Thanks
    Dude, i usually enjoy your post, and i admire your passion for our players, but most of the time when you and some other people of your generation analyse a player the emotion and the fact that he is our player get into you. I did mentioned, good job, but honestly Portuguese league is not known to produce great GK.
    like I said, I have never been that big on this guy. I really do not think he is a special talent like somebody like beiranvand. But I think he deserves a little more credit than you give him.

Power Member
    Thanks

Not saying he is the best keeper we have, but vahid amiri played for his college till almost mid 20s and didnt even play professional football till few years ago. Maybe he is a late bloomer like Amiri.
    http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=14157&dateline=151174  4163

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Real Madrid Fan For This Useful Post:

PFDC Asset
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,409 Times in 8,673 Posts
    To me he really had some suspect moments yesterday. Coming out on several instances where it was mistimed and it looked weird. You can see he’s still very inexperienced and not tested. At Maritimo he’s covered well by his defense.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kiarash For This Useful Post:

Closed Thread
Page 54 of 66 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread : 147

You do not have permission to view the list of names.