Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hopefully he impresses enough to steal the main goalie position for the rest of the year. He’d probably become the most viable option for WC if he can get Gametime every week

Comment

From the cup games I have seen Amir in goal, I always felt secure and relaxed.

He just gives that impression that you need from a GK

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
        From the cup games I have seen Amir in goal, I always felt secure and relaxed.

He just gives that impression that you need from a GK
        Handling wise yes. But his exits for crosses that I have seen have been questionable, which was the main reason CQ switched from Haghighi to Beiranvand. Beiranvand really could have been a top class keeper bc of his insane physique, reflexes, throws, etc. But since he only started being a gk at age 16, and didnt get professional level training until PP, his fundamentals are very poor.

Abedzadeh on the other hand has an uninspiring physique, but his handling is strong because he has good fundamentals.

at this point I would still go with Beiranvand or Hosseini, because they just have way more experience than abedzadeh. Lets face it, even if he starts from now until the end of the year, that is really such a small number of matches for a GK going into the WC.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
          Handling wise yes. But his exits for crosses that I have seen have been questionable, which was the main reason CQ switched from Haghighi to Beiranvand. Beiranvand really could have been a top class keeper bc of his insane physique, reflexes, throws, etc. But since he only started being a gk at age 16, and didnt get professional level training until PP, his fundamentals are very poor.

Abedzadeh on the other hand has an uninspiring physique, but his handling is strong because he has good fundamentals.

at this point I would still go with Beiranvand or Hosseini, because they just have way more experience than abedzadeh. Lets face it, even if he starts from now until the end of the year, that is really such a small number of matches for a GK going into the WC.
          Abedzadeh’s calmness and ball distribution are really top class for such an inexperienced goalie.

Furthermore I agree with your points but Beiranvand is really insecure atm and needs to step it up if he doesn’t want to lose his starter status to Amir, especially if the latter can play weekly in a good league like Primera Liga from now on. He unseated Maritimo’s main GK Charles already

Comment

Goal Maritimo

2-0

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
              Abedzadeh’s calmness and ball distribution are really top class for such an inexperienced goalie.

Furthermore I agree with your points but Beiranvand is really insecure atm and needs to step it up if he doesn’t want to lose his starter status to Amir, especially if the latter can play weekly in a good league like Primera Liga from now on. He unseated Maritimo’s main GK Charles already
              I agree with his footwork, it is very strong (lately beiranvand's has been surprisingly calm as well). The thing with beiranvand is, because fundamentals are weak, the times he excels are when he is playing off pure instinct and adrenaline, which is only positive when his confidence is high. His confidence is in a much better place than it was a few months ago, and I think by the WC he will still be our best option. Beiranvand, Hosseini, Mazaheri/Abedzadeh should be the the three GK's for WC.

Comment

free kick hits the bar, his positioning looked a bit off (too central)

Comment

Still a bit too early, but if he steals the main spot he should be our starting keeper. Beiranvand can stick to seenezani

Comment

Beautiful goal scored on Abedzadeh, he had no chance on that curly shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Gotham View Post
                      Still a bit too early, but if he steals the main spot he should be our starting keeper. Beiranvand can stick to seenezani
                      I hope he gets the start at the WC. Seems like he's been working hard!

Comment

Impressive 1 v 1 save... Never been a fan of his but at this stage I think we should at least invest on him travelling with the WC squad.

I don't think he's better than either of Beiranvand, Mazaheri or Hosseini right now but I'd like to see him tested in friendlies along with Hosseini. Coming the Asian cup he may or may not play a bigger role in TM depending on his club and NT performances

Comment

Originally posted by Z Joon View Post
                          Impressive 1 v 1 save... Never been a fan of his but at this stage I think we should at least invest on him travelling with the WC squad.

I don't think he's better than either of Beiranvand, Mazaheri or Hosseini but I'd like to see him tested in friendlies along with Hosseini. Coming the Asian cup he may or may not play a bigger role in TM
                          That was a killer save. He had one similar save earlier in the game, seems to be his strength.

Comment

Penalty for Setubal

Comment

Abedzadeh came off his line way too early

Comment

Abedzadeh commits a save at the 2nd post and the rebound gets headed in but apparently cancelled by the ref

Comment

Working...
                                X