This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JamB View Post
    Does anyone believe there is a legitimate chance he gets called up? Or do you believe that CQ will stick to what we have for goalie?
    I think he will eventually get called up, perhaps for the 2019 Asian Cup preparations .

Comment

Does anyone believe there is a legitimate chance he gets called up? Or do you believe that CQ will stick to what we have for goalie?
      At the moment it's unlikely. He has to be playing regularly for his club. It's a big risk to call up a goalkeeper who doesn't play regular football.

Comment

He is by far our best GK. Great quality with his feet, comes out at the right moments, calm. Reminds me alot of Neur. I really hope CQ will invite him and test him out for the friendlies. We need a GK so we can be calm as fans, with Beiro or Alireza in goal it is always stressful to watch TM games.

Comment

Originally posted by Shantaram View Post
          He is by far our best GK. Great quality with his feet, comes out at the right moments, calm. Reminds me alot of Neur. I really hope CQ will invite him and test him out for the friendlies. We need a GK so we can be calm as fans, with Beiro or Alireza in goal it is always stressful to watch TM games.
          Lol what? Based on what exactly? On the four Cup matches he has played in the past two seasons?

Let's wait and see what he does on a regular basis because although he was young (and still is), his performance in Rah Ahan was horrible.

Comment

Originally posted by ShirFarhad View Post
            Lol what? Based on what exactly? On the four Cup matches he has played in the past two seasons?

Let's wait and see what he does on a regular basis because although he was young (and still is), his performance in Rah Ahan was horrible.
            We understand that he is not playing on a regular basis but tell me the actual harm in testing him out. Haghighi and Beiranvand will not significantly improve by next year's world cup. They will continue to make the same mistakes. We have a major liability in net. He should be tested to not only see if he is good enough, but also light a fire under beiranvand's ass.

Comment

We understand that he is not playing on a regular basis but tell me the actual harm in testing him out. Haghighi and Beiranvand will not significantly improve by next year's world cup. They will continue to make the same mistakes. We have a major liability in net. He should be tested to not only see if he is good enough, but also light a fire under beiranvand's ass.
              With that as an argument we can basically invite every single player with Iranian blood to Team Melli. An invitation to Team Melli should be an honour and a confirmation that a player has done well to represent our national team.

Amir Abedzadeh wasnt even good enough to play in our domestic league when he was playing for Rab Ahan. He made a good decision to move to a good club and with a professional environment where he can improve his skills so kudos to him for that. But four cup games doesn't prove that he went from an azadegan level goalkeeper to be one of our best goalkeepers.

I wish him all the best and I hope he will play good and consistent for his club to see another Abedzadeh in Team Melli. Time will tell..

Comment

This is his 2nd season at a mid-table club in a good European league, and he's not even in his prime yet.

I think he definitely has the potential to become a TM goalkeeper, the argument that he was not good at Rah Ahan is not fair. That was years ago. I remember people wrote Ghoddos off when I first introduced him to PFDC, and now he's been called up to TM although he plays in the Swedish league, not a league that is known for strength and quality.

Beiranvand is good at Perspolis, but still plays in IPL and just sucks internationally with TM and ACL, committing sooti's anytime he gets tested. Abedzadeh has 3 clean sheets in all his appearances so far, that's an impressive stat.

Comment

I’m not against inviting Abedzadeh to Team Melli. He at least deserves a call-up to camp and possibly (depending on what CQ decides) a friendly match.

But to compare him to Beiranvand this fast is foolish. I’m not too impressed with Beiranvand either these days but a common football knows that a GK needs years and years of playing time. Beiranvand has played in PGL, ACL, WCQ’ers for 2-3 years.

Who knows, Abedzadeh might be the next big GK. But to compare him to Beiranvand or Haghighi when he doesn’t even have a quarter of these goalkeeper’s experiences is kind of ridiculous if you ask me.

Comment

Originally posted by Gotham View Post
                    24 years old isn't super young. Donnarumma is super young.
                    Sorry, he's *young*. My entire point is that he has a ton of time. If he performs well, which he *has* time for, he will be invited at some point. Keepers tend to play on for longer than outfield players, so even if he hits his prime in 6 years, he's still got time.
                    Ma Bishomarim

"!خدایا ایستاده مردن را نصبیم کن که از نشسته زیستن در زلت خسته ام"
                    محمد مختاری -

"Lord, let me die standing, as I am tired of living in indignity and on my knees"
                    - Mohammad Mokhtari

Comment

Amazing for Abedzadeh to finally get a call up as I predicted...hard work pays off!

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                        Amazing for Abedzadeh to finally get a call up as I predicted...hard work pays off!
                        In addition a positive sign to those who are courageous enough to move to Europe!

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk

Comment

Amir in few years!

Now the teenage gang of PFDC goes to berserk mode!

At least give this young man a little bit more time to show himself. A bench warming position is not that impressive. One single match he has been good and everyone think he is our best goal keeper. I knew the guy few years ago and in my opinion he doesn't have enough talent to be like his father but I give him the chance to prove me wrong. At least he should have consistent good performances in his team to be worthy of NT's camp.
                          Last edited by PersianLegion; 11-06-2017, 09:11 AM.

Comment

Comment

Welcome to Team Melli Amir Abedzadeh!

Best wishes laddy

Comment

Starting in cup game in 40 minutes

Comment

Working...
                                X