This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clean sheet for Amir
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend."~Bruce Lee

Comment

Maritimo up to 3rd after that win.

Comment

Originally posted by puddha View Post
        Clean sheet for Amir
        Anotha one

Comment

Determination and commitment to personal and team goals is more important than physical qualities that come as a gift. In fact, if determination and commitment are there, physical readiness will come. ARJ is the clear example. He was never recognized as our best talent yet so far he has had the most successful track record in Europe. It is also interesting that there are ARJ nay sayers who are waiting on the sidelines to predict his demise in EPL because they think his success in Eredivisie had too much hype. An interesting analogy is opera singers. There were three Iranian women who went to the highly prestigious Vienna conservatory and showed incredible commitment although none of them were considered great natural talents. In an interview, one of them was saying that when singers are committed the voice comes. Of course there needs to be a minimum talent that in his case Amir has it.

Comment

Comment

Honestly he wasn't challenged at all!

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                Honestly he wasn't challenged at all!
                For some reason, his highlights didn't show his other save!

He also apparently had really good distribution that game, not to mention he was the 2nd highest rated player on the pitch by sofascore!

Comment

I think the idea that abedzadeh is really average and where he is based on connections is wrong.

He has proven by taking the number one spot from a solid GK in Charles, putting in motm performances, playing for a top 6-7 level portuguese team with good players like FW Joel and Winger Danny (ex zenit), that he is not an average or below average GK. He is a good GK with great reflexes and excellent distribution.

Having said that, I also dont think he is an incredible GK. His physique is definitely a limiting factor, but there are other GKs like Keylor Navas, STILL the starter for Real Madrid, who Abedz is actually taller than. Actually at a similar stage in his career Navas was playing for Albacete, a team that Maritimo is definitely superior to.

But I think the thing more limiting/off putting than his physique is his general lack of experience. I would like to see him perform at this level for 1-2 more seasons, then make a move to bigger team and perform there as well, before I say this guy deserves a chance to be TM number 1.

Beira has WAY more experience in high pressure situations (even before WC), way more minutes as a professional GK, not to mention way more superior natural talent. Same goes for Mazaheri. I would put H.Hosseini, and Abedz in the same basket as relatively inexperienced keepers esp given their age (its not like their 18, they are 24-26, not old for a GK but not really young either), with very good shot stopping abilities, and good potential.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                    I think the idea that abedzadeh is really average and where he is based on connections is wrong.
                    He has proven by taking the number one spot from a solid GK in Charles, putting in motm performances, playing for a top 6-7 level portuguese team with good players like FW Joel and Winger Danny (ex zenit), that he is not an average or below average GK. He is a good GK with great reflexes and excellent distribution.
                    Having said that, I also dont think he is an incredible GK. His physique is definitely a limiting factor, but there are other GKs like Keylor Navas, STILL the starter for Real Madrid, who Abedz is actually taller than. Actually at a similar stage in his career Navas was playing for Albacete, a team that Maritimo is definitely superior to.
                    But I think the thing more limiting/off putting than his physique is his general lack of experience. I would like to see him perform at this level for 1-2 more seasons, then make a move to bigger team and perform there as well, before I say this guy deserves a chance to be TM number 1.
                    Beira has WAY more experience in high pressure situations (even before WC), way more minutes as a professional GK, not to mention way more superior natural talent. Same goes for Mazaheri. I would put H.Hosseini, and Abedz in the same basket as relatively inexperienced keepers esp given their age (its not like their 18, they are 24-26, not old for a GK but not really young either), with very good shot stopping abilities, and good potential.
                    Amir is also pretty young for a GK - at 25. I guess people forgot some of the ridiculous saves he had last week (or week) before. I think one of them was the save of the weekend in the Portuguese league.

Comment

He made it to Europe base on connection, and holding a US passport helps of course. how you want deny that? He was back-up keeper in struggling Rah Ahan, wasn't even the 2nd choice keeper in U23. I don't rate Portuguese league that high regarding to GK. Remember a guy like Haghighi was no1 there as well, so it say a lot. BUT have to give it to him, i wouldn't think he even make the bench base on his past, i mean sure he get there by connection, i don't think anyone can argue on this but he took his career serious, and of course had a bit of luck in his side as well.

Still i rate 2-3 keepers in Iran better than him.

Comment

He made it to Europe base on connection, and holding a US passport helps of course. how you want deny that? He was back-up keeper in struggling Rah Ahan, wasn't even the 2nd choice keeper in U23. I don't rate Portuguese league that high regarding to GK. Remember a guy like Haghighi was no1 there as well, so it say a lot. BUT have to give it to him, i wouldn't think he even make the bench base on his past, i mean sure he get there by connection, i don't think anyone can argue on this but he took his career serious, and of course had a bit of luck in his side as well.

Did I deny that? I said he didnt make it where he is based on solely connections. You guys want to do everything to discredit him, and his performances this season have showed he is a decent GK. And yes I agree with you we have 2-3 better than him in iran, thats what I mentioned with Beira and Mazaheri. But I can think that and also give this guy credit as well.

Comment

Did I deny that? I said he didnt make it where he is based on solely connections. You guys want to do everything to discredit him, and his performances this season have showed he is a decent GK. And yes I agree with you we have 2-3 better than him in iran, thats what I mentioned with Beira and Mazaheri. But I can think that and also give this guy credit as well.
                          Dude, i usually enjoy your post, and i admire your passion for our players, but most of the time when you and some other people of your generation analyse a player the emotion and the fact that he is our player get into you. I did mentioned, good job, but honestly Portuguese league is not known to produce great GK.

Comment

Dude, i usually enjoy your post, and i admire your passion for our players, but most of the time when you and some other people of your generation analyse a player the emotion and the fact that he is our player get into you. I did mentioned, good job, but honestly Portuguese league is not known to produce great GK.
                            like I said, I have never been that big on this guy. I really do not think he is a special talent like somebody like beiranvand. But I think he deserves a little more credit than you give him.

Comment

Not saying he is the best keeper we have, but vahid amiri played for his college till almost mid 20s and didnt even play professional football till few years ago. Maybe he is a late bloomer like Amiri.
                              sigpic

Comment

To me he really had some suspect moments yesterday. Coming out on several instances where it was mistimed and it looked weird. You can see he’s still very inexperienced and not tested. At Maritimo he’s covered well by his defense.

Comment

Working...
                                X