FIFA Council: Worldcup 2026 and beyond will include 48 teams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by saeed_noro View Post
    lol Australia going back, funny, just came and take advantage, now going because it is easier?? btw if asia has 8,5 slots, the chance to qualify from asia is still higher than vs. new zealand in an final match
    i think your slots are overrated for europe.
    I think Russia, Turkey, aserbaidschan, armenia, georgia, cyprus, kazakhstan should stay where they are, not coming back to asia.
    I also think, there should be a rule that 16 teams of ONE continent is the maximum possible. south america and north america to be one confederation, is not a bad idea, because this makes qualification more interesting. 6 out of 10 teams is not that fair, but 13,5 out of 41 makes more sense.
    16 should be always the maximum number of slots possible for a continent. for example, if one continent collect more points as another continent, they can take their slots.
    For the beginning, Europe with 16 teams a maximum and south-north america with 13-14 teams is more than realistic and good. still 41 teams of both continent together is still lesser than africa (53) and asia (45).
    I would say:
    Europe: 16
    American Continent: 13
    Africa: 9
    Asia: 8,5
    Oceanian: 1,5 (to give a team beside new zealand at least an playoff chance vs. Asian No.9 team)
    Yes Australia was very opportunistic thus far. And as I said, they're only discussing, not even officially.

And 20 is too much for UEFA bro Saeed? Look at the teams that didn't qualify for 2014: Serbia, Scotland, Denmark, Czech,Turkey, Wales, Bulgaria, Hungary, Austria, Ireland, Poland, Montenegro, etc

The only reason I agree with giving 7 to AFC is because of the population factor, the economical factor, and the broadcasting factor. Otherwise, I don't think Asia deserves more than 5... maybe 6 spots.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
      This comment of Queiroz really left a bad taste for me, I just hate it how he downgrades our team and tells how we are comparable to 2nd tier asian teams. It's just not a fair statement from him.
      Japan, South Korea and Australia have been consistent so his comments are just based on facts.

South Korea has qualified to every single world cup since 1986
      Japan has qualified to world cup since 1998
      Australia since 2006 ever since they joined AFC
      Iran 1978, 1998, 2006, 2014 - Do you see the gap between our world cup appearances?

Also not to mention that their world cup results have also been better than ours overall.

Comment

They can put 196 countries into the World Cup but there shurely won't be Scotland

Comment

Originally posted by AminGP View Post
          Japan, South Korea and Australia have been consistent so his comments are just based on facts.

South Korea has qualified to every single world cup since 1986
          Japan has qualified to world cup since 1998
          Australia since 2006 ever since they joined AFC
          Iran 1978, 1998, 2006, 2014 - Do you see the gap between our world cup appearances?

Also not to mention that their world cup results have also been better than ours overall.
          I totally agree with you but I hope you read the following comment completely which was also in the last page of this thread:

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
          This comment of Queiroz really left a bad taste for me, I just hate it how he downgrades our team and tells how we are comparable to 2nd tier asian teams. It's just not a fair statement from him.
          Originally posted by pres80 View Post
          I don't like it either but if we are realistic it is somewhat true. We are a really good team but we are always struggling to make it.
          How about right after the end of draw for final round of WCQs 2018 when Korea, Qatar, China, etc coaches said Korea and Iran are favorites just on the paper but CQ said for him Korea and Qatar are top favorites?

How about before the last Asian Cup tournament when he said UAE and Qatar are better and favorite to pass the group stage not Iran and the candidates for winning the Asian Cup are Australia, Japan, Korea, and other countries not Iran?

Unlike PFDC and Facebook, he lost many fans in Iran. Most Perspolis and Esteghlal fans in the website of thse two teams were writing many comments against him recently.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarbaze-Vatan View Post
            I totally agree with you but I hope you read the following comment completely which was also in the last page of this thread:

How about right after the end of draw for final round of WCQs 2018 when Korea, Qatar, China, etc coaches said Korea and Iran are favorites just on the paper but CQ said for him Korea and Qatar are top favorites?

How about before the last Asian Cup tournament when he said UAE and Qatar are better and favorite to pass the group stage not Iran and the candidates for winning the Asian Cup are Australia, Japan, Korea, and other countries not Iran?

Unlike PFDC and Facebook, he lost many fans in Iran. Most Perspolis and Esteghlal fans in the website of thse two teams were writing many comments against him recently.
            Those comments were discussed previously. He wants to lift the pressure from our team and players. CQ shows that we are the best time right now in the field and that's what matters.

What do you get out of keep saying you are the best team in asia if you do poorly?

Comment

Working...
            X