FIFA Council: Worldcup 2026 and beyond will include 48 teams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FIFA Council: Worldcup 2026 and beyond will include 48 teams

Just came through the wire. Interesting news for all soccer federations especially Iran.

Hum ..!
    Interesting
    More money for FIFA & much easier now to qualify for WC.
    How is the distribution of added seeds .!? Probably EU taking a big chunk of it .!?

Comment

Giving a better chance to other team who have never qualified. I think it's good for everyone.

Comment

I have a feeling that they're going to eliminate the continental playoffs, and give Asia an additional 2 places, which would bring it to 6 teams considering we have more countries than other continents, even though we lack in the quality when compared to those from other continents. Basically, it will increase competition for lower quality teams as they may have an opportunity to qualify for a top competition.

Comment

This is terrible news for Iranian football, essentially it makes qualification far less entertaining than it is at the moment. It will make most of our qualification games pointless and means our players won't be properly motivated. I really think things were fine the way they were 4.5 spots is what Asia deserves
          Please watch and Subscribe:

Comment

arab teams are probably having an aroosi in their koon right now.

Comment

Hahahhaha this made me crack up!!! https://www.facebook.com/soccermemes...1381244587453/

Comment

Originally posted by Abtin View Post

Comment

Not good tbh, if a team deserves to be in the WC they'll be there. 48 teams will mean lots of boring games.

Comment

they are serious about this shit:

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________
                    We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Comment

The FIFA Council unanimously decided on a 196-team #WorldCup as of 2046: 98 groups of 2 teams. Details to follow after the meeting.

Comment

https://www.instagram.com/p/BPGbr1OBH5Y/

And as usual the comment section is filled with Iranians

Comment

This move by FIFA was largely made to benefit Europe and South America

Comment

I think they were initially planning to go with 40 teams. How are the group set ups and elimination rounds going to be structured?
                            sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

Originally posted by sarbaz View Post
                              This move by FIFA was largely made to benefit Europe and South America
                              Wouldn't mind a few more South American and European teams to be honest ... in Asia, we're fine. Maybe 1 more African team is better.

Comment

Working...
                              X