CQ Resigned from TM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FeLFeL View Post
    I agree with your point that it takes a good coach to manage the talent and it's true that he has had a role in introuducing new players into the squad but any other decent coach with this much time would have done the same. Stop worshiping him blindly. I think he has been one of the best coaches we've ever had too but Older players age and new talent comes in every so often. CQ didn't create this phenomenon, he is not the reason why we are a footballing nation with a pool of talent, neither is he SARDAR, JAHANBAKHSH or EZATOLLAIE's father the last time I checked. We don't have proper sports education, scouting, recruitment, nutrition, etc. - It's a domino effect, it's not something one person can fix anyways. For every Sardar, there are a 100 Sardars that are wasted in Iran. And even someone like Sardar who makes it, could've even been better with a proper upbringing and better resources at a youth level.
    The bold part is so disturbing, its this kind of thinking that people can never seem to rid from their psyche.

"Meh, CQ is good, but any other good coach would have done just as well".

The only reason people say this is because deep down it bothers them that Iran might not be the footballing powerhouse they think, and they want to downplay a great coach and his achievements because they believe in the unbelievable potential that is in Iranian football. Until that potential is untapped, then what CQ has done during his time in Iran is extremely admirable, and not any coach could have done it.

Too many people here are living and breathing off of potential. Iran has an amazing amount of footballing potential, but without anything to nurture it, it means absolutely nothing.

Imagine if a young Nikbakht, Borhani, Mobali, Kazemian, Madanchi, Rajabzadeh, Majidi, Oladi, Meydavoudi, Gholami, Ghazi, etc.... (i can go on forever) had CQ as their coach. I think they would be completely different players, and that is something which requires a special kind of coach.

Comment

i think we still have to wait, there is a two month left till our game, we need to be patient, i think iff will keep him till next year which is world cup but after that will be hard

Comment

I just don't like being fiddled with like we are children. If he really just cared about Football, he wouldn't F with us so much. Trust me, with his big ego, he has grown comfortable with his Iran gig, he is going to want to stay for the WC cause what coach doesn't want to be in the WC? He gets paid well, goes on vacations whenever he wants, talks sh!t to whoever he wants. He is a better social engineer than he is a coach and he's got us by the nuts and laughing all the way to the bank while polishing his resume with easy Ws.

AGAIN, nothing is ever black and white, I am not gonna deny all the good he has done just by being a respected figure in Iran where nobody gives enough credit to domestic coaches. We need a figure like that to light a fire under our Federation's ass, which he has done well and has sparked some real positive change but please stop making a GOD out of him just because no other good foreign coach is willing to step foot in Iran. (by the way I'll give him credit for possibly paving the way for that as well, I don't hate the guy! Just being reasonable.)

Comment

I just don't like being fiddled with like we are children. If he really just cared about Football, he wouldn't F with us so much. Trust me, with his big ego, he has grown comfortable with his Iran gig, he is going to want to stay for the WC cause what coach doesn't want to be in the WC? He gets paid well, goes on vacations whenever he wants, talks sh!t to whoever he wants. He is a better social engineer than he is a coach and he's got us by the nuts and laughing all the way to the bank while polishing his resume with easy Ws.

AGAIN, nothing is ever black and white, I am not gonna deny all the good he has done just by being a respected figure in Iran where nobody gives enough credit to domestic coaches. We need a figure like that to light a fire under our Federation's ass, which he has done well and has sparked some real positive change but please stop making a GOD out of him just because no other good foreign coach is willing to step foot in Iran. (by the way I'll give him credit for possibly paving the way for that as well, I don't hate the guy! Just being reasonable.)
          It's funny how these kind of comments show up now that the coach is a foriegner doing stuff like this, if the coach wuold have been Daei or Ghotbi pulling shit like this he would be named a hero

Comment

If all the perks you mention above are true, CQ deserves all of it and more. CQ has learned the ways of Iranian "party baazi", after being "fiddled with like he is a child". If anything, his ability to adapt to (and continue to flourish despite) Iranian political and crony BS should make you want him even more as our TM coach. Until he shows me otherwise, the man has done no wrong and deserves everything he gets (including the respect of 75 million people).

Comment

http://www.varzesh3.com/news/1387606...E2%80%8Cروش

For the first time I actually enjoyed reading an article in an Iranian website. This completes and ends this page I think. Someone translate for others if needed lol sorry no time but worth the read

Comment

Originally posted by Ando Teymourian View Post
                The bold part is so disturbing, its this kind of thinking that people can never seem to rid from their psyche.

"Meh, CQ is good, but any other good coach would have done just as well".
                Actually your response with the addition of the meh is concerning as it suggests dependence on CQ entirely without reason. Cq is good, and for now has added to our football, but news flash, CQ will have other interests beyond TM and possibly football one day. Your suggestion that only CQ could make us successful is concerning. Imagine if we said only with Daei could we advance to the world cup?

For now there is CQ...one day others will exist too, hopefully of the same calibre or even better than CQ!

Sent from my ME173X using Tapatalk
                Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

The only reason you say CQ is polishing easy Ws is because youve grown used to it!

Qatar, Uzbekistan, Korea were all games we would struggle with in past qualifiers and now we have the upper hand.

Comment

Saeid, Sardar, Karim and Alireza spoke in support of TM

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
                      The only reason you say CQ is polishing easy Ws is because youve grown used to it!

Qatar, Uzbekistan, Korea were all games we would struggle with in past qualifiers and now we have the upper hand.
                      China was a team we never struggled with...and now...

These silly comparisons baffle me. As if the world waits for us to develop and improve so we can use them as benchmarks for our success.

CQ overall has done well with so little, but my guess is other competent coaches could have done similar or better. Of course we should be concerned because whether we like it or not, CQ is likely closer to the end of his TM and footballing career than he is to the berginning of it. I wonder what our plan is and what iff has done to prepare once CQ is gone...for good.

Sent from my ME173X using Tapatalk
                      Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

^ Consistency is definitely a good sign that our football is developing to something stronger. Constant wins against Uzbekistan, South Korea or second tier Arab teams is all right. The flaw in CQ system is that goes for very few goals and then bunker style. This works against physically or technically strong teams (South Korea, Japan, Uzbekistan, Australia) but it grips against weaker teams that want to take point from us. These weaker teams go bunker on us (park the bus) and get easy points. (China, Syria, Turkmenistan). Do you have any remedy for this? The whole purpose of killing the attacking and creative football with a defensive style is to get a win otherwise what is the point. This style can not get answer against defensive weak teams. Mostly because CQ chooses only tall and physically strong defensive players who maybe slow and not effective when we need to play attacking football.

My advice: he needs to add 3 to 4 technically gifted, creative and fast attacking players to the team and use them whenever we see an opportunity to exploit. For example if we had these type of players we might don't lose to Bosnia when we needed desperately to score. Or if our opponent goes bunker.

I support CQ because I know IFF won't bring another coach in his capacity. We should be realistic with the situation in Iran. The political and economical condition doesn't look good. Government does not invest in sport and all financial resources are either dry or diverted to other areas. Regime doesn't let private sector to get hold on any major teams and TV rights are not given to the clubs. On best scenario CQ will stay and somehow we go to next WC but does it even matter if the whole country goes through another 1978 phase? I have a bad feeling about the political situation and our economy back home. The news coming out of there are not assuring.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWheels View Post
                          Branko is overrated garbage who has failed in multiple leagues now
                          It's easy to label someone and write 'em off. He may not have a resume like CQ and I'm not sure about his other experiences but he's had a good record in Iran and is very familiar with our culture by now, He is not over-dramatic and doesn't have a bad temper like CQ. He's turned Persepolis around in a short time and I think we can all agree our offense ran much better when he was in charge.

Comment

What are the latest news about Queiroz? Does he stay? According German newspapers he will take back his resign and stay in Iran.

Comment

Originally posted by Miguel-Da-Silva View Post
                              What are the latest news about Queiroz? Does he stay? According German newspapers he will take back his resign and stay in Iran.
                              IFF rejected his resignation request. So yes he will stay.

There will be a meeting with Taj

Comment

Originally posted by leviathan View Post

https://www.facebook.com/carlosqueirozoficial/[ATTACH]17202[/ATTACH]
                                Dear friends,

After my resignation request, let me present this official announcement:
                                1. Following the public events and conflicts involving Team Melli, during Dubai training camp, on the 6th January I have offered to Iran Federation President my resignation letter from the position as Iran National Team Coach, without any financial demands or compensation.
                                2. This decision was discussed with President Taj consent, after he admitted not have the conditions nor the authority to execute and implement the 3rd approved World Cup Preparation Program, due to several reasons, particularly including Mr. Branko Ivankovic systematic opposition.
                                3. Having no conditions to develop this 3rd approved Preparation Program, I have expressed my serious professional concerns with Team Melli future and The World Cup qualification success.
                                4. After presenting my resignation, I have now received an official Federation Letter refusing my resignation request.
                                5. I can only understand Iran Federation Board and President decision as a proof of trust and confidence in my professional and personal commitment and skill, and my honest and full dedication to Team Melli cause and mission. It is with humble gratitude that I take this position as a complement, and also as a gesture of additional responsibility.
                                6. However, I want to make clear that this approved 3rd Preparation Plan, that brought Iran National Team to the top, and raised the national and international prestige and reputation of Team Melli all over The World, is now over, due to the systematic and permanent opposition from Mr. Branko and other sports agents.
                                7. From now on, unlike other rivals who are working in order to reach the World Cup, Iran National Team will be limited to train and play under The FIFA dates, standards and regulations, as for Iran National Team top respectful advisers decisions.
                                8. This restricted FIFA Preparation Plan does not have my support, but only my total and deep disagreement and opposition. I do believe that this irresponsible plan jeopardises Iran National Team World Cup qualification.
                                9. In conclusion, let me make clear: without any doubts this new World Cup preparation plan Is the result of one unilateral decision made by Iran Federation, it’s President and Board, and consequently their full and exclusive responsibility.

Best,
                                CQ
                                Poor guy after being fked with and flustered so much Finally sounds Defeated

Yea he may stay as demanded by IFF but you could tell from this message that he is starting to loose his passion and drive for this immense job..!! and who could possibly blame him..?

this new goozoo Taj needs to explain himself on the Bold..!! he has been nothing short of an utter miserable Fail so far in his short stint in charge of IFF..!!

Comment

Working...
                                X