Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

G1NMENA - fake copyright claim | UPDATE: PFDC CHANNEL REMOVED!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rugs View Post
    You can always use someone else's phone number. I think I used my hamrah avval number when I did it.
    I wish it was that simple. They want your phone number to send you a text with a code and then you verify.
    Its a hassle.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
      I wish it was that simple. They want your phone number to send you a text with a code and then you verify.
      Its a hassle.
      Yeah, that's what I meant. You can use someone else's number like an elderly family member to get the code.

I used my Iran number when I did it and received the text.
      راه یکی است و آن راستی است

Comment

Ok so YouTube refuted my claims, and now the next step is I can do a counter notification.

This means YouTube will share all my personal details with G1MENA, and they have 10 days to file a lawsuit against me.

I'm a little scared to move foreword with this. Hypothetically speaking, if they file a lawsuit, can I back away from my claims then free of charge?

Comment

Originally posted by littlepersia17 View Post
          Ok so YouTube refuted my claims, and now the next step is I can do a counter notification.

This means YouTube will share all my personal details with G1MENA, and they have 10 days to file a lawsuit against me.

I'm a little scared to move foreword with this. Hypothetically speaking, if they file a lawsuit, can I back away from my claims then free of charge?
          Do you have any friends or family in your area that are attorneys? This is something to confirm with them. Many of us may not be from your jurisdiction, so we won't be able to give you a concrete answer on your choices. I wouldn't rely on the suggestions of lay people. Ask an attorney about how the copyright system works in your area. If they think you're good to move forward or its not worth your time, then you can act accordingly.

#1 advice, NEVER solicit legal advice online. You can get majorly screwed like that.

Comment

I have had actual real life experience with someone claiming i "copied" their trademark (which i did not). The guy paid over $1000 for a IP Lawyer to send me this vague letter, with all these claims that were not backed up by any evidence or facts what so ever threatening to take me to court. I basically responded (by myself), saying no i did not, responded to every aspect of this letter and what do you know nothing happened.

Morale of the story, unless you are making money that actually impacts their business, they cant do squat.

them taking you to court cost's them a lot of $$$, so unless you are actually hurting them financially they wont pursue.

Comment

PersianLeague recently started posting PGPL highlights again after they were taken down I am assuming because of the same problem littlepersia has. You could contact them to see how they fixed their problem.

Comment

Originally posted by irani8perspolis View Post
                PersianLeague recently started posting PGPL highlights again after they were taken down I am assuming because of the same problem littlepersia has. You could contact them to see how they fixed their problem.
                That's another account. If you look at the PGPL highlights thread, the videos are still taken down.
                http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...ge3&highlight=

Comment

Don't be scared. Just give a fake name and fake address. They will not do anything to you. This is just a scare tactic.

Better yet, give an Iranian address.

Seriously, it is not real, nothing to be afraid of.
                  راه یکی است و آن راستی است

Comment

These bastards have started it again. Probably they are back because Iran qualified and the videos will get a lot of views - they claimed copyright on all my videos and took down 2 - the interviews with Alexander Nouri, which was getting the most views. That gave a me 1 strike on Youtube, 2 more and the channel will be deleted.

BUT again I filed a complaint and it's only matter of time until I win again. It’s just annoying because until then a lot of time will be wasted and YouTube does nothing against them - they will continue with it. What do you guys think? Should we go after them ourselves? What they are doing is illegal and could get them into HUGE trouble.
                    Formerly known as Persianking!
                    Follow me @
                    instagram/iranscout
                    instagram/nariman_iranscout

Comment

Have you considered using vimeo?

YouTube is honestly horrible for creatures. Even big youtubers have problems with this shitty policies.

Comment

F*** those bastards.
                        They've ruined too many accounts.

Comment

Is there anyone on PFDC who is a lawyer who can help us file a lawsuit against whoever this "G1NMENA" is ??

There must be a course of legal action, at least this way they will know we are serious and organized.
                          They might fuck off

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
                          AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

Originally posted by KeonKish View Post
                            Is there anyone on PFDC who is a lawyer who can help us file a lawsuit against whoever this "G1NMENA" is ??

There must be a course of legal action, at least this way they will know we are serious and organized.
                            They might fuck off

100% agreed.

If we can't do anything amongst ourselves we should start a crowdfunding scheme to collect money from here, facebook and instagram and try to get a proper lawyer.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                              F*** those bastards.
                              They've ruined too many accounts.
                              These suckers just took down another video (CQ interview on navad) and this got me the 2nd strike. One more and the PFDC channel will be gone! Of course I immediately filed a complaint, but there tactic seems to be to take down several videos and get me 3 strikes quickly, so I have no chance to complain and once the account is gone it's almost impossible to discuss it with YouTube!

Moftkhors might be reading this thread, and they are trying to get me removed, because I didn't let them to earn money from the videos and they lost all copyright claims so far.

Originally posted by Mr Pouya View Post
                              Have you considered using vimeo?
                              YouTube is honestly horrible for creatures. Even big youtubers have problems with this shitty policies.
                              We do have a vimeo account, but even though what you say about YT is true - there is no alternative, as only on YT the videos will get the necessary views.

Originally posted by KeonKish View Post
                              They might fuck off
                              Originally posted by Mr Pouya View Post
                              100% agreed.
                              If we can't do anything amongst ourselves we should start a crowdfunding scheme to collect money from here, facebook and instagram and try to get a proper lawyer.
                              Won't happen. 100% sure we have people here that could seriously help, but my experience tells me only few really care - the support has always been limited unfortunately. This G1NMENA seems to be based in Germany - more & more I am starting to go after them...
                              Follow me @
                              instagram/iranscout

Comment

^There you go...PFDC Channel removed now!
                                Follow me @
                                instagram/iranscout

Comment

Working...
                                X