Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Falcao Vs. Shamsaei - Iran's World Record under threat!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
    The Brazilians are the ones constantly bringing this guy out of retirement solely for the record. Iran has every right to do the same.
    And then we have idiots who think we’re the ones who called back Shamsaei first? Was it Iran who called up Shamsaei first or was it Brazil who called Falcao up first?

Brazil has all the best records in football. They are legends in the sport of football. They are also amazing at Futsal and Beach.

If you ask me, the fact that they can’t let Iran have this one is ridiculous. They showed their intentions by calling back Falcao. We are a powerhouse in Asia and a powerhouse futsal nation in the World. So I don’t mind our federation calling up Shamsaei.

Comment

Originally posted by AIrani View Post
      First of all, learn to write properly... its NOT it's

Secondly, it is NOT oghde, it is NATIONAL pride. If they write as a footnote that Falco returned for to meet or exceed Shamsaee's record, I have no problem with that. BUT many years from now, no one will know this fact. WHY cannot you get this?????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????/
      Learn to write properly? "Why cannot you get this?" and I'm told I can't write properly.

It's oghde. Some dude wants to break some record and we're all up in arms because it's OUR record. Oh no! Our record! Our only source of pride in the world! Why would we bring back an old player to take away from space from in-form players to break some stupid record?

This is the same nonsense that we like to scream at the top of our lungs when someone asks us about Iran. We have 5000 years of history! We had an empire! We had this, we had that. We started everything! Civility comes from Iran. Kindness started in Iran. Didn't you know Iranians--- sorry I mean PERSIANS discovered oxygen?! We invented everything!

... if only we focused on looking forward in our culture.
      Ma Bishomarim

"!خدایا ایستاده مردن را نصبیم کن که از نشسته زیستن در زلت خسته ام"
      محمد مختاری -

"Lord, let me die standing, as I am tired of living in indignity and on my knees"
      - Mohammad Mokhtari

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamer View Post
        Learn to write properly? "Why cannot you get this?" and I'm told I can't write properly.

It's oghde. Some dude wants to break some record and we're all up in arms because it's OUR record. Oh no! Our record! Our only source of pride in the world! Why would we bring back an old player to take away from space from in-form players to break some stupid record?

This is the same nonsense that we like to scream at the top of our lungs when someone asks us about Iran. We have 5000 years of history! We had an empire! We had this, we had that. We started everything! Civility comes from Iran. Kindness started in Iran. Didn't you know Iranians--- sorry I mean PERSIANS discovered oxygen?! We invented everything!

... if only we focused on looking forward in our culture.
        You are overreacting. Sport records are a matter of national prestige. I don't see anything wrong with calling up an active player in order to keep our record.

Comment

^ He is still playing so yes, I want Iran to keep that record. If Brazil is playing dirty, why should we be saints? let's preserve this achievement.
          __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
          We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Comment

Originally posted by webmaster View Post
            ^ He is still playing so yes, I want Iran to keep that record. If Brazil is playing dirty, why should we be saints? let's preserve this achievement.
            Are you aware of the ethical vacuity of your argument? Is that the Iran you want to see, an Iran that goes low as soon as others do? Really? What achievements are there to preserve if you turn as morally bankrupt as the ones you pretend to be competing against? Iran can only be special to the extent to which it lives up to the cherished values and principles we should strive to embody. Everything else is just dust and noise. You heard of Gholamreza Takhti? What do you think made him great? Chasing silly records or being a principled athlete whose legacy overshadows any record you could think of. Go figure.

Comment

^ A very good argument as well as a lesson for me personally . I think both sides are over reacting.
              Let the Shamsai come back and appraise him in 3 months period, don't make it a case like Daei when the coach and team was being run for his benefit over the years.
              To me scoring record awards are pointless, takes so much away from the rest of the team.. If your goalie and defense and rest of the team sucks you won't make it to the next level of games to have the chance to score more. It's an unfortunate situation for the rest of players in a team. This is a team sport yet no denying some frequent scorers have immense talent.

Comment

So has Shamsaei accepted to return?

Comment

Originally posted by Lorestani View Post
                  Are you aware of the ethical vacuity of your argument? Is that the Iran you want to see, an Iran that goes low as soon as others do? Really? What achievements are there to preserve if you turn as morally bankrupt as the ones you pretend to be competing against? Iran can only be special to the extent to which it lives up to the cherished values and principles we should strive to embody. Everything else is just dust and noise. You heard of Gholamreza Takhti? What do you think made him great? Chasing silly records or being a principled athlete whose legacy overshadows any record you could think of. Go figure.
                  I am sure Brazilians don't have Takhti or why would they bring back Falcao to take the record from Shamsaei?

A win is an achievement and scoring the most goals is also another. You cannot deny this fact. Daei being international top scorer brought good things for Iran, a country which otherwise is always criticized and put down everywhere. So being mentioned at international level for a country like Iran is an achievement. A big achievement. Shamsaei's part in this is huge, and he is the top scorer as we speak.

But the Brazilians with all their great titles and achievements are after this one too.. so it must be important right? therefore we need to be aware. Because if you want to be fair, then why not criticizing the Brazilians instead of the Iranian who is your country man who did not do anything wrong but to fairly become the top scorer? throw your stone at another direction please.
                  Last edited by webmaster; 11-25-2017, 12:23 AM.
                  We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

Comment

https://www.fifa.com/development/new...-farewell.html

ok Falcao has finally quit after 400 bring Shamsai back to score 9 more goals and then retire

Comment

Someone suggested international friendly games with weak countries in which Shamsaee would play, but the Iranian coach Nazem-ol-sharee opposed it. Iran's players have made this coach who he is. He has almost no coaching experience before joining national team.
                      I am for Shamsaee to return to maintain his record.
                      چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

And here we have some members who say this record is not important! Look how FIFA has made it its top news and article on the main page.

Comment

This is not right... Shamsaee should get a chance to get back his record, if the coach doesnt agree then they should go as far as to fire him. He is being stubborn this record is not about Shamsaee this is about Iran and how the Brazilians have basically "cheated" to get their man the record.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorestani View Post
                            I think there is a needlessly hostile tone in your post.

Anyway, in my opinion, you're overstating the ethical aspect of this (or at least have not made your case for why this is so ethically troubling). I think there is a distinction in playing Shamsaei to defend against poor sportsmanship. This is not the same as Brazil playing Falcao to artificially snatch Shamsaei's record. I think it is ethically defensible (and in fact an ethical obligation) to defend Shamsaei's record against manufactured statistics, and to maintain the correct status-quo.
                            Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.

Comment

Shamsai might have scored against weaker teams but he has played almost half the amount of games Falcao has played.

Comment

Working...
                              X