Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Falcao Vs. Shamsaei - Iran's World Record under threat!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Falcao Vs. Shamsaei - Iran's World Record under threat!

Interesting and important matter: Falcao, who actually retired 2 months ago after Brazil's loss to Iran in the World Cup, is only 9 goals away from breaking Vahid Shamsaei's world record, the current World Top Scorer of Futsal. Now apparently Brazil invited Falcao to the national team again & get him out of retirement, just to score few goals and take the record from Iran.

I did not expect such a move from the Brazilians and regard it as kind of unsporting - especially after the way we celebrated and gave so much tribute to Falcao like no other nation - remember the scene where the whole TM squad surrounded and treated him as a legend of the game.

IMO Shamsaei is totally right here. If Brazil is really intending to do that we should counter attack! Shamsaei still got it and could easily score on some of those minor teams - we must keep that record as long as possible!

Yes
    0%
    No
    0%
    Don't care
    0%
    Formerly known as Persianking!
    Follow me @
    instagram/iranscout
    instagram/nariman_iranscout

You didn't really mention Shamsaee's suggestion

Shamsaee suggested to invite him back and play friendlies against the likes of Mynanmar and Tajikistan to maintain his record. Good idea!

Comment

Originally posted by 04041374 View Post
      You didn't really mention Shamsaee's suggestion

Shamsaee suggested to invite him back and play friendlies against the likes of Mynanmar and Tajikistan to maintain his record. Good idea!
      Haji watch the video
      Follow me @
      instagram/iranscout

Comment

I think this is beyond childish. If they wanna reinvite him just to get the record, so be it. As long as we beat them in world cup games, they can have all the records they want.

Comment

Actually this is a great counter attack, futsal style :-)
          __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
          We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Comment

Should Ali Daie come back from retirement if his record is under threat by Naymar or Messi?

Records are there for it to be broken. It's there to give motivation to athletes to get better. Falcao retired only 2 months ago and Vahid's last game for Iran was in 2012 that's almost 5 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorestani View Post
              I think this is beyond childish. If they wanna reinvite him just to get the record, so be it. As long as we beat them in world cup games, they can have all the records they want.

Originally posted by AminGP View Post
              Should Ali Daie come back from retirement if his record is under threat by Naymar or Messi?
              Records are there for it to be broken. It's there to give motivation to athletes to get better. Falcao retired only 2 months ago and Vahid's last game for Iran was in 2012 that's almost 5 years ago.
              I rather think it's childish from Brazil and IMO we should not let anyone take away our record easily like that. Inviting Falcao and making sure to pass every ball to them so he scores 9 goals in few matches, and then retires again, is kind of disrespectful towards us and the game.

Having the World Top Scorer in Football and Futsal is something we never appreciated enough; in fact the World never really gave us credit for that. I bet if they weren’t Iranian they would get so much attention...lets defend our record and not let anyone play a false game like that with us. This is an unfair act by Brazil and we should show them that we stand strong and won’t get fooled.

And TBH I don't think this comparison makes really sense here. If likes of Neymar manage to break that record then it’s indeed fair, because Ali Daei retired 10 years ago and doesn’t play football anymore. Shamsaei however is still playing and winning titles, I am not sure if he actually ever retired from Iran officially.

Had Falcao broken the record before retirement and then Iran would have called Shamsaei to comeback, then we could have said that’s childish. But he retired and all they want is to let him score few goals just for the record, only to let him retire again after maybe 2 or 3 matches against some weak random team. That's the point here why we should certainly react.
              Follow me @
              instagram/iranscout

Comment

Both parties are petty af tbh.

Comment

Big Ego and Childish !!

Comment

If they want to bring back Falcao from retirement, why should there be a problem bringing Shamsaei back for a few matches.

It's pathetic by the Brazilians if you ask me. The guy retired a few months ago and they just can't accept that we have that record.

There's no way in hell they should let him break Shamsaei's record. I say yes.

Comment

Originally posted by AminGP View Post

Totally agree! Some people have forgotten that we made Ali Daei stay in TM until he couldn't even walk anymore, just to make his record unreachable. If the Brazilians are childish, we are as childish as them too then!

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
                        Totally agree! Some people have forgotten that we made Ali Daei stay in TM until he couldn't even walk anymore, just to make his record unreachable. If the Brazilians are childish, we are as childish as them too then!
                        Huh? i don't recall ali daei staying having anything to do with his record.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoss View Post
                          Huh? i don't recall ali daei staying having anything to do with his record.
                          That was the main reason! They wanted to increase his record beyond reach!

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
                            That was the main reason! They wanted to increase his record beyond reach!
                            no one expected that he could make his record better in 2006. He stayed because Branko was too weak to cut him

Comment

Originally posted by Nariman View Post
                              I rather think it's childish from Brazil and IMO we should not let anyone take away our record easily like that. Inviting Falcao and making sure to pass every ball to them so he scores 9 goals in few matches, and then retires again, is kind of disrespectful towards us and the game.

Having the World Top Scorer in Football and Futsal is something we never appreciated enough; in fact the World never really gave us credit for that. I bet if they weren’t Iranian they would get so much attention...lets defend our record and not let anyone play a false game like that with us. This is an unfair act by Brazil and we should show them that we stand strong and won’t get fooled.

And TBH I don't think this comparison makes really sense here. If likes of Neymar manage to break that record then it’s indeed fair, because Ali Daei retired 10 years ago and doesn’t play football anymore. Shamsaei however is still playing and winning titles, I am not sure if he actually ever retired from Iran officially.

Had Falcao broken the record before retirement and then Iran would have called Shamsaei to comeback, then we could have said that’s childish. But he retired and all they want is to let him score few goals just for the record, only to let him retire again after maybe 2 or 3 matches against some weak random team. That's the point here why we should certainly react.
                              There is a consistency problem with your view. We both agree that reinviting Falcao solely for the express purpose of breaking Shamsaei's record is beyond childish. If so, how could reinviting Shamsaei to break Falcao's possible future record not be childish? It must be by extension. Remember what First Lady Michelle Obama said: "When they go low, we go high!". In this world, we have nothing but our principles. There is nothing sweeter than staying true to them. Let the Brazilians engage in childish behavior if they choose to, but please don't ask us to do the same. We would become indistinguishable if we did.

Comment

Working...
                              X