2017 AFC CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2017 AFC CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

Great news, Iraqi, Syrian and Kuwaiti clubs will not participate. Persepolis goes directly to the group stages and Esteghlal is in the final play-off round, they will play a single game at home in Early February.

Group stage starts on 20 February. This is one year where I feel one of our team can win it. Persepolis are as good as any team in Asia, we just need to fix our finishing problem, we create 30 100% chances a game and cannot score one.

I guess one of the only upsides that Taremi and Rezaeian didn't go to Turkey is that they will help Persepolis in ACL this year

Comment

Persepolis can do some damage if they can touch up on their finishing. Hopefully Branko gives more chances to pryyomov in ACL than he does in PGL games. Zahedi should be utilized too.
      Team Meli Iran
      Perspolis FC
      Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

^ I think it is a good time to put Taremi on the bench for two or even 3 games, for him to gather some real motivation and to review his games and misses in his head and learn to become more opportunist when he gets the chance to play again instead of getting worse when he can't deliver. He really needs more a motivational talk than football practice IMO.

About the Ukrainian striker, we should definitely use him more to see if he is good enough or not.
        Last edited by webmaster; 11-26-2016, 11:42 PM.
        __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
        We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Comment

I'm boycotting this tournament because of obvious reasons.

Comment

The seedings will probably look like this

Pot 1 (Champions): Al Ahli (UAE) - Al Ahli (KSA) - Esteghlal Khuzestan - Al Rayyan (QAT)
            Pot 2 (Cup winners): Al Jazira (UAE) - Al Hilal/Al-Taawoun (KSA) - Zob Ahan - Lekhwiya (QAT)
            Pot 3 (Runner-ups): Al Ain (UAE) - Al Hilal/Al Taawoun (KSA) - Perspolis - Lokomotiv (UZB)
            Pot 4: Play Off games

I'm not 100% sure, but I think Esteghlal will face Al Sadd in Azadi.
            Last edited by 04041374; 11-27-2016, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 04041374 View Post

Pot 1 (Champions): Al Ahli (UAE) - Al Ahli (KSA) - Esteghlal Khuzestan - Al Rayyan (QAT)
              Pot 2 (Cup winners): Al Jazira (UAE) - Al Hilal/Al-Taawoun (KSA) - Zob Ahan - Lekhwiya (QAT)
              Pot 3 (Runner-ups): Al Ain (UAE) - Al Hilal/Al Taawoun (KSA) - Perspolis - Lokomotiv (UZB)

Xavi in front of a packed Azadi! Then he will see that some countries in the region actually have fans!

Comment

Originally posted by 04041374 View Post

Hopefully PAG and his team get smacked

Comment

Originally posted by Z Joon View Post
                  Hopefully PAG and his team get smacked
                  haha hopefully

Comment

I'm looking forward to watching Zob Ahan again this year

Comment

Play-off fixtures

Al Wahda (UAE) - Al Wehdat (JOR)/Hidd (BAH)
                      Al Fateh (KSA) - Nasaf Qarshi (UZB)
                      Esteghlal (IRN) - Al Sadd (QAT)
                      El Jaish (QAT) - Bunyodkor (UZB)

Comment

AlSadd is a tough team. Eses needs to up their game big time !

Comment

From what I saw today - Eses will lose. Mansourian really hasn't added much to the team.

Comment

So Esteghlal will be playing against Pouraliganji and Xavi, that should be a nice match

Comment

at all, any of our teams have the quality to win the cup, with our shity foreigners players

Comment

Working...
                              X