Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Team Melli Fan View Post
    Iran grouped with Portugal, Costa Rica and Zambia
    Am I wrong to assume that we'll have a decent chance of qualifying from this group?

Comment

They are 6 groups in the WC, where the first and second teams + the 4 (out of 6) best third placed teams will advance to the next round. So i think we can make it to the round of 16th at least.
      sigpic
      -----------------Haghighi--------------------
      Montazeri---Hosseini--Sadeghi---Pouladi
      -----------Neko-------Ando------------------
      -----Dejagah--------------Jahanbakhsh---
      -----------Azmoun---------------------------
      ---------------------Gucci-------------------

Comment

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_A...ip_squads#Iran

iran squad

Comment

Originally posted by Ab-Gosht View Post
          1st time iran qualify for any WC in football with so few stars.

this was iran squad last time they made it
          https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2001_F...ads#.C2.A0Iran

Comment

Originally posted by Ab-Gosht View Post
            1st time iran qualify for any WC in football with so few stars.

this was iran squad last time they made it
            https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2001_F...ads#.C2.A0Iran
            We had many potential stars on that 2001 team but they went nowhere considering their talent.

Comment

decent group. Portgual are doing very well at youth levels recently and are undoubtedly favorites. Zambia are very strong as well and just won AFCON u20 two days ago to qualify for this tournament (beating senegal in the final). Given that 3 go through we have a good chance. Hopefully 3-4 of these guys get to europe after this WC ( especially ghaedi), but I think the u18's are more talented...

Comment

The experience they gain in this is what matters. To play against the best in their age group with various styles in world class facilities outside of Iran.
                I just hope Peyrovani at the least can have the team fully prepared physically and mentally.

Comment

Great draw honestly we should go for 3 points every game. Round of 16 is definitely attainable.
                  Team Meli Iran
                  Perspolis FC
                  Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

I just hope this team have got their sh!t together, if they play like they did in the Asian cup this will be embarrassing.

Comment

although getting outa of the groups looks somewhat achievable from that draw, i have a feeling again amateur Coaching will likely cost us irrelevant of having solid talent in squad and we will get KO'd in group stages again..??
                      im just hoping three games are enough for EU scouts to form some favorable opinions of few of our promising youngster.

is Reza Shekari likely to be in the final squad..? hope so..

Comment

ghaedi at azadi sports complex. u20 has started their trainings.
                        https://www.instagram.com/p/BRliH-BF...edi.official24
                        I think as there are few standout players, the team will have to rely on team spirit, work ethic. Then maybe just rely on shekari,Ghaedi,Jafari for offensive spark (also soltanimehr from deeper) Tbh if we had those three under somebody like samizadeh u20's would be in business. Not so sure about those three and chaab tho, he seems pretty weak. Somebody needs to call up samizadeh. He would no doubt accept, and bring a real killer instinct up front and a european mentality to the youth team, something only shekari got a glimpse of. I think Aref gholami will also be very important at the back. Also Razzaghpour seems to be a very decent player as well from Left back...

Comment

we have a good draw, for the portugal draw, we can use CQ experience, i am sure CQ can help us for the game. as in tactics and the way the portugese play

Comment

They will probably struggle to get 3 points.
                            hoping for better

Comment

Can we get Samizadeh in this squad?

Comment

This tournament will surely been Hossien Kaebi's moment to show the world what he's made of.
                                Please watch and Subscribe:

Comment

Working...
                                X