Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sepahan and Esfahan's legend Moharram Navidkia farewells from football!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sepahan and Esfahan's legend Moharram Navidkia farewells from football!

Arguably one of the greatest playmakers in our football history, whose constant injuries prevented him from reaching full potential in national level.

Possibly the most successful player in Iran's club history lifting 5 league championships and 4 cups as a Captain and reaching the final of ACL with Sepahan.

My favorite player ever since Ali Daei's retirement in 2006. Just wished he had retired after lifting IPL's trophy last year and not in mid-season after a 2-0 loss.

Thank you for all the great memories in Sepahan and Team Melli.

Last edited by _Navid_; 10-15-2016, 08:36 AM.

Apparently Hajsafi tried to concive Moharram to continue his career and brought him into Sepahan's locker room to talk with him.

Comment

Great player, and an amazing playmaker. Its too bad he had so many injuries in his career.

Just out of curiosity, why did he decide to retire mid season?
      --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
      --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
      ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
      --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
      ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

It looks like Hajsafi changed Navidkia's mind:
        http://www.aparat.com/v/W7cOn

Comment

I remember how he was playing u-23 qualification, World Cup qualification and Sepahan at the same time. Everyone wanted to have a taste of Navidkia before his injury. He was very, very good.

He even impressed at Bochum and was about to make the team ...

Comment

One of the most talented Iranian players of all time, and probably the best n°10 we ever had.
            At least I don't remember anyone even close to him as a playmaker for the past 15 years (maybe Ghayeghran before), his play vision is unbeatable.
            What a pitty that injuries prevented him to succeed as much as he should had during his prime years, and that constant Hashie ruined also his final years.

Don't know if it was the best way to conclude his career, but at least it was in the Derby so not a bad way to end a career.
            If he continues I just hope that they will give him a proper way to retire at the end of the season, unlike for other giants such as AK8 or Captain Javad.

Comment

Highly overrated player

Comment

Originally posted by sirvan View Post
                Highly overrated player
                because his knee got wrecked
                Original Ehsan of IK ISP and PFDC from 1999/2000!

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
                  I remember how he was playing u-23 qualification, World Cup qualification and Sepahan at the same time. Everyone wanted to have a taste of Navidkia before his injury. He was very, very good.

He even impressed at Bochum and was about to make the team ...
                  Yes I remember in out game against South Korea in Korea he picked up his first injury and was away from football for a long time. At the time he was one of the most promising young players. Time flies!

Comment

I have utmost respect for Moharam. I met him in person and I have always been a fan. If he didn't become injured, he could follow Ali Daei, Ali Karimi, Vahid Hashemian and Mehdi Mahdavi Kia steps in Bundesliga. Another great football legend of 2000s generation is saying his farewell to football. It is a sad day. Only Seyd Jalal, Rahmati and Ando have remained from that generation.

This song is dedicated to Moharam. We need more legends like him to rise up and lead our football back to glory.

Comment

Highly overrated player
                      The only overrated players are those playing for Tehrani teams.

Comment

Highly overrated player
                        There are no overrated players that never played for the Sorkhabis.

Comment

He's a legend of Sepahan and a legend of our league.

Unfortunately a severe injury kept him away from Team Melli. But regardless he was one of the best CAMs in Iran.

Ali Karimi and Moharram Navidkia. Just imagine what would've happened had he not gotten hurt. How many Team Melli matches he would have played. He was a great CAM.

Navidkia is one of those players who you wish did more in their career because of the potential they had. He did well in the time he was active with the national team. He also did well in Lige Bartar as well as in the ACL.

Thank you for everything you've done for our football!

Comment

Moharram made his mark(s).

I liked him before his latest 90 Program interview. He demonstrated that he played politics in choosing players and/or head coach.

He was a physically weak person. He was unlucky to be injured so many times.

If he retired, best wishes to him. If he did not, then play less politics, and focus on your team because Sepahan is not doing well.
                            چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

Finally did Haji Safi stop him from quitting or not?!! What happened?

Comment

Working...
                              X