How many points to get through?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lakerfan23 View Post
    Are there any special bonuses for the WC if you top your group in Qualification stage?
    It has a positive effect on our Fifa ranking plus the prestige factor "Iran qualified without conceding a goal as the first country next to Russia for the World cup. " if that is not motivation enough dige nemidunam!

Comment

i think we have to win and not concide, so far we are the only team among 12 teams to have not lost, and not concided, i would say we have progressed alot, i remmber in 2014 edition , we lost to lebanon, and uzbekistan and even indonesia scored against us, and if we can go to the world world cup with no lost and no goals concided would be good. we concided 2 goals in 2014 qualifiers ,ironically they were the goals which made us lose 2 games, hence CQ know how important defense is.

Comment

We beat China without conceding a goal, we are technically through to the World Cup.

Comment

Originally posted by teammelli1 View Post
          We beat China without conceding a goal, we are technically through to the World Cup.
          Add a draw to uz in tehran toi t and you have it right

Comment

Fact

A tie or loss by either Korea or Unbekistan on Tuesday and a win for Iran vs. China , then Iran qualifies for the WC 2018

otherwise on june 12 th whe and if we beat Uzbekistan we will %100 qualify for the WC

Comment

Originally posted by sarbaz View Post
              Fact

A tie or loss by either Korea or Unbekistan on Tuesday and a win for Iran vs. China , then Iran qualifies for the WC 2018

otherwise on june 12 th whe and if we beat Uzbekistan we will %100 qualify for the WC
              is it a gurantee qualification?or matimatically our chances get much much higher

Comment

Originally posted by ehsan singapore View Post
                is it a gurantee qualification?or matimatically our chances get much much higher
                Ehsan jaan there is no mathematical option to qualify on Tuesday yet. We have to wait for the Uzbekistan game in June anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by FF187 View Post
                  Ehsan jaan there is no mathematical option to qualify on Tuesday yet. We have to wait for the Uzbekistan game in June anyway!
                  ok so we are not for sure to go through our chances get much much higher

Comment

ok so we are not for sure to go through our chances get much much higher
                    In case Uzbekistan does not win their match on Tuesday and we win against China a draw will be enough to make it 100% in June. We need to make our homework first though!

Comment

In case Uzbekistan does not win their match on Tuesday and we win against China a draw will be enough to make it 100% in June. We need to make our homework first though!
                      true this game will detemine how much we need to do in our last 3 game

Comment

true this game will detemine how much we need to do in our last 3 game
                        Still i think we should aim for not only winning all the remaining games but also not conceding for very obvious reasons like prestige, attracting potential friendlies, improve our fifa ranking etc. etc.

Comment

Still i think we should aim for not only winning all the remaining games but also not conceding for very obvious reasons like prestige, attracting potential friendlies, improve our fifa ranking etc. etc.
                          true, if we go 9 game without conciding, would be great

Comment

So now that this match day is over, I think we just need 3 points out of the next 3 games to guarantee at least a second place finish in the group and qualify. I think we can definitely beat Syria at home, so the next 2 won't be as important, even if we lose. But we should be able to beat Uzbekistan at Azadi. I can't believe we can qualify without having to wish for a miracle or have a heart attack lol
                            Welcome Mr. Carlos Queiroz!
                            My YouTube Channel

Comment

Originally posted by amirkarimi2 View Post
                              So now that this match day is over, I think we just need 3 points out of the next 3 games to guarantee at least a second place finish in the group and qualify. I think we can definitely beat Syria at home, so the next 2 won't be as important, even if we lose. But we should be able to beat Uzbekistan at Azadi. I can't believe we can qualify without having to wish for a miracle or have a heart attack lol
                              If we do not allow UZB to pick up points against us in Azadi, then we are all set. We need to make sure we do not lose to Uzb, itll be like losing 6 points.

Youre right, one win our of the 3 and we are confirmed to the WC, but do you really want to leave it till the last match day against a 11 grassrollers in Syria? No.

Our job is very simple-- usually teams have to win to qualify, our job in the next 3 games, is not to LOSE.

Comment

our next game can determine the group, we beat uzbekistan, then is prety much over , we are through but it can also determine the 2nd and 3rd in the group

Comment

Working...
                                X