How many points to get through?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Afat11 View Post
    Yeah, I just did the calculations and even if Uzbeks or Korea win out, we would only need 6 points from the remaining matches to qualify as second team. I think people were saying that 3 wins is what is needed to guarantee winning the group.
    I have a feeling that at minimum we will finish with 21 points, which would make us easily qualify. I wouldn't put it past us to finish with 3 wins at home and a tie, giving us 24 points and easy top spot in our group.
    There are 4 games remaining. Uzbekistan has 9 points. They can get up to 21 points. We are at 14 points, to get 22 points and guarantee Uzbeks can't catch us we need another 8 points which you would need to win 3 games to get.

That is my rational anyway. of course if we beat Uzbekistan in two games that would pretty much guarantee we go through provided we beat China.

Comment

Originally posted by pres80 View Post
      There are 4 games remaining. Uzbekistan has 9 points. They can get up to 21 points. We are at 14 points, to get 22 points and guarantee Uzbeks can't catch us we need another 8 points which you would need to win 3 games to get.

That is my rational anyway. of course if we beat Uzbekistan in two games that would pretty much guarantee we go through provided we beat China.
      You are not entirely correct, as if Uzbekistan win out, and reach 21 points, Korea will only be able to get to 19 points. If one team beats the other, the other will be without 3 points and will fall to third. Essentially, if Korea wins out, they have a chance to be first, but that will cause them to defeat Uzbekistan, limiting them to 18 points max, and if Uzbekistan wins out, they will win against Korea and limit them to 19 points. As a result, with 20 points, Iran would be guaranteed passage as the second team minimum.

Comment

I am pretty sure that Iran is going to win against China and Syria at home!
        The only thing is, that we play Syria as our last match.

Wouldnt be too nice to play them under the pressure to qualify, better two
        defeat uzbeks and china in the next two games!

Comment

We're not there yet.

We cannot get too confident, because Qatar et al. will help others try to beat out Iran.

Comment

Originally posted by pres80 View Post

What you say bro is logically incorrect. You might be right about Uzbekistan toping Iran in the group by your very generous 4 wins for them! However if they are to achieve this mission impossible, they must beat Korea. Right? Therefore, Korea will not have the luxury to get more than 19 points. I know mathematically speaking anything is possible (if you disregards teams cancelling each other!) however logically Iran is in the World Cup with a win. 17 points it's a lot. Believe me, teams will beat each other in this group and any team with 17 points will comfortably qualify and Iran seems to be the one that's very close to get it first. And poor Korea and UBek cannot drop any points as Iran can drop few points and GD. logically Iran is one of the two qualified. Of course that doesn't mean we should discount all other possibilities like Iran losing all its next 4 matches anyways the whole idea is the momentum is ours.
            sigpic
            SUPPORT TEAM MELLI
            IRAN
            - IRAN - ONLY IRAN

IRAN OUT OF AFC NOW!

IRAN WILL ROCK IN ASIA AGAIN IF IRI IS OVERTHROWN... MUBARAK, BIN-ALI, NOW IT IS THE TURN FOR SEID ALI

Comment

I think it all comes down to the Uzbekistan game. We win that we are in.

Comment

Beat China!Beat Uzbekistan...and were done for sure.TBH i doubt that SK will get a win from us even @their Home...i doubt that any of the Teams will get even a single Point from us in the remainin Matches! CQ now in the drivin Seat wants it ALL! Were still unbeaten and did not even recieve a single Goal....guys this is huuuge! This Team is so "focused" from what ive seen in the last matches. The Team is solid like a Rock!

Comment

Predicted final standings:

1 - Iran
                  2 - Korea
                  3 - Uzbekistan
                  4 - Syria
                  5 - Qatar
                  6 - China

Comment

we beat china with 17 point we are 100% gurantee 3rd place,if korea and uzbekistan lose agian the gap would be 7 and 8 points, it would mean a win against uzbekistan we are there. the good thing now is that we are in good position. we dont have to panic like 4 years ago, we can play eaasy football and 2 wins and we are there and both are home games

Comment

Originally posted by ehsan singapore View Post
                      we beat china with 17 point we are 100% gurantee 3rd place,if korea and uzbekistan lose agian the gap would be 7 and 8 points, it would mean a win against uzbekistan we are there. the good thing now is that we are in good position. we dont have to panic like 4 years ago, we can play eaasy football and 2 wins and we are there and both are home games
                      Plus both games are at home...we need ne win both of them period!
                      Originally posted by BusiG View Post
                      Beat China!Beat Uzbekistan...and were done for sure.TBH i doubt that SK will get a win from us even @their Home...i doubt that any of the Teams will get even a single Point from us in the remainin Matches! CQ now in the drivin Seat wants it ALL! Were still unbeaten and did not even recieve a single Goal....guys this is huuuge! This Team is so "focused" from what ive seen in the last matches. The Team is solid like a Rock!

Comment

Originally posted by PEJ View Post
                        I think it all comes down to the Uzbekistan game. We win that we are in.
                        Or let's look at it the way it really is! If Iran wins the game against China then it is Uzbekistan who must win! Not Iran! Pressure is on Uzbekistan. A tie or loss would be a disaster for them. Because the last game will be played against a very determined Korea that has probably tied a game in Seoul against Iran.

Both Uzbekistan and Korea are very unlucky to face each other while Iran will play Syria in Tehran. Which means guys (it all comes down to this): on the last day, if the two rivals , Korea or Uzbekistan are below Iran by point; the last match won't change Iran's destiny but theirs lol. They can just play and fight for the second spot.
                        sigpic
                        SUPPORT TEAM MELLI
                        IRAN
                        - IRAN - ONLY IRAN

IRAN OUT OF AFC NOW!

IRAN WILL ROCK IN ASIA AGAIN IF IRI IS OVERTHROWN... MUBARAK, BIN-ALI, NOW IT IS THE TURN FOR SEID ALI

Comment

It will be considered an upset if we don't top the table. This is based on how we have played so far, our coach, our players, their physical shape, their professionalism, and their calmness. Team Melli has accepted this and is playing with that confidence. Can some of us do the same and stop talking so pessimistically?

Comment

Are there any special bonuses for the WC if you top your group in Qualification stage?

Comment

Originally posted by lakerfan23 View Post
                              Are there any special bonuses for the WC if you top your group in Qualification stage?
                              you get a free bottle of Hossien Kaebi's anti-aging cream
                              Please watch and Subscribe:

Comment

Originally posted by Super Shojaei View Post
                                you get a free bottle of Hossien Kaebi's anti-aging cream
                                😂😂😂😂😂😂 i died
                                Bookmark the PFDC Calendar for TM & WCQ games
                                http://sites.google.com/site/pfdccalendar/
                                [Click on a game to see detailed description including time]
                                Villa + Messi =

Comment

Working...
                                X