No announcement yet.

How many points to get through?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We need two more win to be sure but 1 win and a tie can be enough.

Comment

Guys try this widget!!! its AWSOME!! http://ultra.zone/2018-FIFA-World-Cu...FC-Third-Round

Comment

When one wants to predict its always good to look back and see the trend and from what we all have seen from our Cheetahs, its safe to say we will get probably another TWO more wins and in worst case another TWO more draws, so add another 8 more points to the 14 we already we have!! 22 points is my prediction and an easy transit to RUSSIA! CQ literally got his salary paid from the WC funds we get for qualifying....and IFF got their TM training pitch!

Comment

you know that we are through if we win against china, uzbekistan doesnt win against qatar and south korea lose to syria!!
          FAGHAT PERSPOLIS

Comment

In case of UZB not winning vs Qatar and us winning vs China, a draw vs UZB would be enough to qualify for the WC (unless Syria gets more than 3 points out of their next two games)

Comment

Sounds like 2 wins will get us through, even if we lose against Korea in Korea.
              Ma Bishomarim

"!خدایا ایستاده مردن را نصبیم کن که از نشسته زیستن در زلت خسته ام"
              محمد مختاری -

"Lord, let me die standing, as I am tired of living in indignity and on my knees"
              - Mohammad Mokhtari

Comment

To put it simply without all the ifs and ands we need 22 points to guarantee qualification in the current state of the group.

If the teams chasing us keep winning then we can only know if we have qualified when there is one game left provided we win all 3 of our next games.

Comment

you guys are wasting your time, in CQ mind, we need to win the next 3 matches to go to WC. He has always set the bar high so we do not FAIL! thinking about how many points we need is a typical iranian coach mentality. Under CQ, it is 100% or nothing!
                  IRI = FAILED

Comment

^ Agree, CQ has gone into a higher gear. yesterday's formation was a proof of it.

Comment

Originally posted by persian-eagle-13 View Post
                      you guys are wasting your time, in CQ mind, we need to win the next 3 matches to go to WC. He has always set the bar high so we do not FAIL! thinking about how many points we need is a typical iranian coach mentality. Under CQ, it is 100% or nothing!
                      Lol winning the next 3 games is exactly what we need to guarantee qualification.

Comment

so if we win ,and uzbek dont win, we are through, even if korea win is fine for us, because korea play a game against uzbekistan, so we are through

Comment

Things are looking good guys, hopefully a good result against China is on is way
                          --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                          --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                          ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                          --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                          ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Originally posted by ehsan singapore View Post
                            so if we win ,and uzbek dont win, we are through, even if korea win is fine for us, because korea play a game against uzbekistan, so we are through
                            That's not true. If in the coming round we win and uzbeks lose they can still qualify over us if we lose the next three and they win the next three. Even if we draw one of the next three and they win their next three we are tied on points.

http://ultra.zone/2018-FIFA-World-Cu...FC-Third-Round

You can try it here.

We need to win 3 of the next 4 to categorically guarantee our progression WITH the current standings. It can obviously change in the next round based on results.

Comment

Originally posted by pres80 View Post
                              That's not true. If in the coming round we win and uzbeks lose they can still qualify over us if we lose the next three and they win the next three. Even if we draw one of the next three and they win their next three we are tied on points.

http://ultra.zone/2018-FIFA-World-Cu...FC-Third-Round

You can try it here.

We need to win 3 of the next 4 to categorically guarantee our progression WITH the current standings. It can obviously change in the next round based on results.
                              thats not true we just need to win 2 of the last 4
                              FAGHAT PERSPOLIS

Comment

Originally posted by metto View Post
                                thats not true we just need to win 2 of the last 4
                                Yeah, I just did the calculations and even if Uzbeks or Korea win out, we would only need 6 points from the remaining matches to qualify as second team. I think people were saying that 3 wins is what is needed to guarantee winning the group.

I have a feeling that at minimum we will finish with 21 points, which would make us easily qualify. I wouldn't put it past us to finish with 3 wins at home and a tie, giving us 24 points and easy top spot in our group.

Comment

Working...
                                X