No announcement yet.

How many points to get through?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Syria and China still have some teeth to bite off ties and wins. Qatar is basically the worst team, but they have the money and influence. I watched how they "won" Syria. Really disgraceful, shameless "win". The penalty was just a gift from the referee after he was convinced that the "Qatari" Latin Americans cannot score against Syria.
    China will play Korea at home and that game is going to be very tough for Korea.
    What I am saying is, Syria and China will be picking up some points and joining the race for the 3rd spot.
    Haq olinur, berilmas - rights are earned, not granted.

Comment

Syria are a scrappy team - we should definitely respect them. Anything but a victory against them is a huge disappointment. We won our 2nd (South Korea at Azadi) and 3rd (Uzbekistan at home) toughest games. All three points are the same so we need to keep it up vs. Syria, China and Qatar.

Comment

Taking .66 fraction of the 30 points should be enough.
        That makes it roughly 20 points.

Comment

Originally posted by AhadUzbek View Post
          I think Syria and China still have some teeth to bite off ties and wins. Qatar is basically the worst team, but they have the money and influence. I watched how they "won" Syria. Really disgraceful, shameless "win". The penalty was just a gift from the referee after he was convinced that the "Qatari" Latin Americans cannot score against Syria.
          China will play Korea at home and that game is going to be very tough for Korea.
          What I am saying is, Syria and China will be picking up some points and joining the race for the 3rd spot.
          I expected better from china, I thought they would be decently competitive for third and looking at how they are dead last with 1 point, I really can't see them putting some wins together to manage even coming close to third. Dropping points vs syria and not managing to tie UZB was let down for them - not saying that they should have tied you guys I think the result was fair and square but I thought they could have squeezed out a tie on a good day and had they been more wary of the tactics babyan implemented, they have too much ground to make up for IMO. Qatar on the other hand (or rather World XI), I anticcipate will kick up big time and compete for a 3rd place spot. had they not sacked correno I would've given them a higher chance to catch up, however, I still got my eye on them. They had a great game offensively vs SK and honestly one of the most impressive matches vs Iran I have ever seen from them.
          Last edited by Ghermez Agha; 10-13-2016, 09:10 AM.
          Team Meli Iran
          Perspolis FC
          Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

So Qatar fired their coach already? I am not downplaying Qatar, they are still dangerous. But their only win came from a simulated penalty against Syria. Otherwise they would have been sitting at the bottom with 1 or 0 points.
            I think China and Syria are stronger than Qatar.

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
              Syria are a scrappy team
              I would love to see your arguments to back this up.

Comment

I would love to see your arguments to back this up.
                It means determined and tenacious. Never say die attitude.

Comment

The road to Russia is pretty clear:

Win twice vs a war torn country once in a neutral venue and once at Azadi.

Win vs the weakest team in our group so far (China) at Azadi.

That gives us 19 points and we are all set.

If we happen to mess up in one of these three games, then we have a home game vs Uzbekistan, away game vs Korea and Qatar where we can pick up 2 or 3 points.

Frankly, WCQ has never been this easier for us.

If we can't win these simple games, then we shouldn't even be there.

Comment

Originally posted by CHaMiLLionaire View Post
                    The road to Russia is pretty clear:

Win twice vs a war torn country once in a neutral venue and once at Azadi.

Win vs the weakest team in our group so far (China) at Azadi.

That gives us 19 points and we are all set.

If we happen to mess up in one of these three games, then we have a home game vs Uzbekistan, away game vs Korea and Qatar where we can pick up 2 or 3 points.

Frankly, WCQ has never been this easier for us.

If we can't win these simple games, then we shouldn't even be there.
                    Correct, We have done all the hard work, yet somehow we are all still anxious because we know anything can happen. However I think this team is different then before.. 3 wins vs Syria/ China

1 win out of Korea.Uzb. Qatar

and we are in
                    WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

So Qatar fired their coach already? I am not downplaying Qatar, they are still dangerous. But their only win came from a simulated penalty against Syria. Otherwise they would have been sitting at the bottom with 1 or 0 points.
                      I think China and Syria are stronger than Qatar.
                      The refs are helping qatar in any game and it is not fair.

Comment

BTW CQ goes to vacation in Thailand after Asura.

Comment

In this group, I think Iran is going to take the first place because it played both Kor and Uzb and won both games.
                          Kor and Uzb will have to fight for the second spot. Both, Kor and Uzb, lost to Iran and may only expect a draw realistically on the second leg.
                          Uzbekistan beat all 3 other teams, while Korea drew with Syria. That is why they are two points behind Uzbekistan.
                          One more loss and Korea will effectively be out of the race. That loss can either be in China, which is earlier, or in the last match-day in Uzbekistan.
                          P.S. I don't expect Uzbekistan to win in Korea, although I hope they will.

Comment

Originally posted by Bessos View Post
                            15 Nov. We win in Malaysia against Syria -> 13 points
                            23 Mar. We win in Qatar -> 16 points
                            28 Mar. We win in Azadi against China -> 19 points
                            13 Jun. We win in Azadi against Uzbekistan -> 22 points -> We qualify for the World Cup with 2 games still left to play (Korea away and Syria home). We get to see fireworks at Azadi stadium and we will all be very happy.
                            Write down 13 June in your agenda.
                            This was an amazing music to my ear. Look forward to experience such great qualification for the first time in our entire lives.

Tired of stressing to death, before achieving our final goal. LOOL seriously Iranian football fans must be one of the very few footballing nations who always and I mean always suffer with their typical last minute stress relief events.

Yashasin Iran!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Last edited by Keano; 10-14-2016, 12:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DireStraits View Post
                              I was just wondering, Does CQ live with his whole family in Iran? has anyone ever seen an article or video on CQ's lifestyle in Iran?
                              WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Originally posted by DireStraits View Post
                                It's not a vacation, he goes there to make sure we play in a stadium where it will benefit TM for its upcoming math against Syria, which is a real smart thinking, something none of our former TM managers ever bothered to do.

These little things may not seem effective, however that's what's made TM perform better than ever. Forecasting all aspects and circumstances ahead of time, trying to avoid costly mistakes (Biggest trait of most Iranians "negligence")

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X