How many points to get through?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CHaMiLLionaire View Post
    If we do not allow UZB to pick up points against us in Azadi, then we are all set. We need to make sure we do not lose to Uzb, itll be like losing 6 points.

Youre right, one win our of the 3 and we are confirmed to the WC, but do you really want to leave it till the last match day against a 11 grassrollers in Syria? No.

Our job is very simple-- usually teams have to win to qualify, our job in the next 3 games, is not to LOSE.
    Yea, I'm not saying we should take it easy the next 2 games, just saying it's nice to know that all we have to do is beat Syria to go the WC. But I think everyone would prefer if we beat Uzbekistan in June and just start prepping for the WC from June
    Welcome Mr. Carlos Queiroz!
    My YouTube Channel

Comment

we need 3 point from the last 3 games

Comment

We must beat Uzbekistan.
        If we don't get a good result versus Uzbekistan then we have to do well versus South Korea in South Korea, which despite their current form will be difficult, and then we'll have to come back to Tehran to play Syria in a game where they'll do nothing but grassroll.

Comment

how GREAT would it be IF we can achieven unbeaten Qualification!

And in current form i think it is a huge possibility ;

Beating Uzbekistan and Syria at home, draw (0-0?) in Korea
          Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
          O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

Even if we Go all matches and not concede a goal, Fifa World Cup 18 will give Iran 65 in defence.
            "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

To be exact, TM needs 19 points for direct qualification. We currently have 17.

That means either:

1 Win

OR

2 Draws

Of course we should go for the win against UZB in June. How sweet would it be to qualify for the World Cup in AZADI !!!

Comment

From know Qatar will be the bitch of the group! I garantee you they will loose all their Games.

We need to beat uzbekistan!

Comment

What I don't like is how every game a team plays against us is basically their last chance to survive, so they all play us tough.!

Comment

Worst case:
                    Iran loses the next three games. SK wins against Qatar (and us), loses against UZB. UZB winns against IR, SK and China. Syria wins against QAT, China, Iran. China and Qatar game not important in any case.

1. UZB 21
                    2. SK 19
                    3. Syria 17 and Iran 17, depends on goal difference

If SK wins against UZB
                    1. SK 22
                    2. UZB 18
                    3. Syria and Iran 17

A draw (in any game) would be enough. A win would secure the second case and depending on the game even the first place. Win against only Syria would probably lead to a second place. But a win against SK, if SK wins against UZB (and we lose the other two games):
                    1. Iran 20
                    2. SK 19
                    3. UZB 16

Comment

No need for all these difficult calculations. Just win against Uzbekistan with another minimal score (1-0) and we can close this thread and go to Russia!

Comment

Originally posted by versusdamon View Post
                        Worst case:
                        Iran loses the next three games. SK wins against Qatar (and us), loses against UZB. UZB winns against IR, SK and China. Syria wins against QAT, China, Iran. China and Qatar game not important in any case.

1. UZB 21
                        2. SK 19
                        3. Syria 17 and Iran 17, depends on goal difference

If SK wins against UZB
                        1. SK 22
                        2. UZB 18
                        3. Syria and Iran 17

A draw (in any game) would be enough. A win would secure the second case and depending on the game even the first place. Win against only Syria would probably lead to a second place. But a win against SK, if SK wins against UZB (and we lose the other two games):
                        1. Iran 20
                        2. SK 19
                        3. UZB 16
                        what your saying is like 0.1% happening

Comment

I just really hope that either Uzbekistan or Syria can somehow snatch the 2nd qualifying spot from Korea

Comment

Like half of the thread is repeating this. Of course it is not about probabilites and not about me seeing everything negative. I see ourselves go to the World Cup, that's what I said many times before. It is only about possibilities.
                            Losing against South Korea at their home? Could happen.
                            Losing also against Uzbekistan at home? Not very probably but also not impossible.
                            Only losing against Syria seems impossible to me at home. But what if we get a draw? Syria drew us and South Korea before. They lost all their games 0-1.
                            With a draw against them we have a secured 3rd place (and under some circumstances a second place). I would give this special scenario a probability of 5% - but it is not like Leicester didnt win the Premier League last year, right? Anything can happen.
                            That is just what I stated all the time - possibilities.

EDIT: if you look at the first post, the predictions (from 3 games ago) were all right. With a draw we have 18 points and a secured third spot. With 20 points (=one win) we have a secured second spot.

Comment

Guys three more wins thats what we need to go for. Nothing less!

Comment

We got to win against all the teams and not to concede any goals to make the TRIO TROPHY and WC Record! :

1) Qualify for the WC
                                2) Top the group
                                3) Not concede a single goal!

Comment

Working...
                                X